Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
3 laptops, 1 desktop, Win XP and soon '7', OSX on one laptop
My Location
London UK
Hi
I am re-doing this, providing the full information at the start, can someone please tell me if it is the box or the base image that people are modifying that is causing the problem.

Box: DM7025
Hard Drive: WD 80Gig

Software: Oozoon, or Gemini, or nabilosat - does not matter, they are all the same
Problem: Locks up / hangs on record stop

Whether you start the test recording or set a pre-recorded one, start the recording wait 30 seconds and ask the box to stop.
My box responds with either churning cogs or a walking penguin and will not accept any command until you reboot the box.

I have loaded in all the above one by one without an external flash, they all have the same issue.
If you look at other posts, you will understand that I have had a dreambox for quite a few years (dB7000 previousy) and aside from the recent problem of sly card it has out-performed many others that a friend has and he is more of a nutcase than I am.

So before I put an axe through this machine, can someone tell me if they have a solution to this, or have dream f' up and if it is the latter then please can we have the truth.

Also before you reply, please read this post properly but I will give a final highlight.

1. No dual, or multi boot, no flash, images were installed to internal memory
2. Various images tried; Oozoon, or Gemini, or nabilosat - does not matter,
they all do the same
3. No silly answers please

I will state that I have never had this problem on the 7000, irrespective of any image installed - I have looked at my notes and the best software for the 7000 was the davinci 5; it worked for 4 years with no problems at all.

I await your response

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
My Location
London UK
Hi
I am re-doing this, providing the full information at the start, can someone please tell me if it is the box or the base image that people are modifying that is causing the problem.

Box: DM7025
Hard Drive: WD 80Gig

Software: Oozoon, or Gemini, or nabilosat - does not matter, they are all the same
Problem: Locks up / hangs on record stop

Whether you start the test recording or set a pre-recorded one, start the recording wait 30 seconds and ask the box to stop.
My box responds with either churning cogs or a walking penguin and will not accept any command until you reboot the box.

I have loaded in all the above one by one without an external flash, they all have the same issue.
If you look at other posts, you will understand that I have had a dreambox for quite a few years (dB7000 previousy) and aside from the recent problem of sly card it has out-performed many others that a friend has and he is more of a nutcase than I am.

So before I put an axe through this machine, can someone tell me if they have a solution to this, or have dream f' up and if it is the latter then please can we have the truth.

Also before you reply, please read this post properly but I will give a final highlight.

1. No dual, or multi boot, no flash, images were installed to internal memory
2. Various images tried; Oozoon, or Gemini, or nabilosat - does not matter,
they all do the same

I will state that I have never had this problem on the 7000, irrespective of any image installed - I have looked at my notes and the best software for the 7000 was the davinci 5; it worked for 4 years with no problems at all.

I await your response

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
My Location
London UK
I have found some unexpected developments regarding E2 software, the record cycle does work (in part but possibly not whole) on the condition that you pair the hard drive to the box - this is done by formatting it and initialising it on the dreambox and use it on the same machine.

I did not expect this software to be so critical in this respect, however a timed recording the machine still flipped out when the after event was set to auto and stopped correctly if this setting is switched to do nothing.
It would seem there is a bug in the base software that causes the machine to hang in a specific mode - double damm and blast.

If anyone can answer the above, I would love to know why

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
My Location
London UK
I have found some unexpected developments regarding E2 software, the record cycle does work (in part but possibly not whole) on the condition that you pair the hard drive to the box - this is done by formatting it and initialising it on the dreambox and use it on the same machine.

I did not expect this software to be so critical in this respect, however a timed recording the machine still flipped out when the after event was set to auto and stopped correctly if this setting is switched to do nothing.
It would seem there is a bug in the base software that causes the machine to hang in a specific mode - double damm and blast.

If anyone can answer the above, I would love to know why

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
There are plenty of present and past DM 7025 users on the forum. I suspect that the reason nobody knows why you are having this problem is because they have not experienced it. This would probably point to a problem with your hardware rather than the software. A dodgy or incompatible disk maybe? It seems to be the only thing you have not replaced, other than the receiver.

chrisfound said:
..........and if it is the latter then please can we have the truth...........
Also before you reply, please read this post properly ..........
Insinuating that the people who might reply to your query are potential liars, incompetents and clowns isn't going to endear you to anyone. Another reason why you might not be getting any responses.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
There are plenty of present and past DM 7025 users on the forum. I suspect that the reason nobody knows why you are having this problem is because they have not experienced it. This would probably point to a problem with your hardware rather than the software. A dodgy or incompatible disk maybe? It seems to be the only thing you have not replaced, other than the receiver.

chrisfound said:
..........and if it is the latter then please can we have the truth...........
Also before you reply, please read this post properly ..........
Insinuating that the people who might reply to your query are potential liars, incompetents and clowns isn't going to endear you to anyone. Another reason why you might not be getting any responses.

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
My Location
London UK
Hi
Thanks for giving me your view, I agree, many of the people in for forum may not want to use the receiver in the way I do (having alternative gear that does this job).
Sadly it looks as if I will have to keep plodding on looking for an answer

There was no insinaution to this, you may have read this wrongly.
The comments were for the problems with the software not any members of the forum because all the comments I have on another page indicates this software works correctly.

Sadly, it seems that people are not re-writing the operating systems software for this box properly, much to my dissapointment but I have known people who tinker and cannot get it right seldom have the ability to admit this error.

I as an ex-designer of consumer goods, have always expected people to finish off products / designs / software before they release it to the wild, providing full information to the potential user on how to use it - this seems to be sadly lacking in this modern world.

Chris

chrisfound

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream 7000 + 7025
Sky+ box, On-Dig,
My Location
London UK
Hi
Thanks for giving me your view, I agree, many of the people in for forum may not want to use the receiver in the way I do (having alternative gear that does this job).

There was no insinaution to this, you may have read this wrongly.
The comments were for the problems with the software not any members of the forum because all the comments I have on another page indicates this software works correctly.

Sadly, it seems that people are not re-writing the operating systems software for this box properly, much to my dissapointment but I have known people who tinker and cannot get it right seldom have the ability to admit this error.

I as an ex-designer of consumer goods, have always expected people to finish off products / designs / software before they release it to the wild, providing full information to the potential user on how to use it - this seems to be sadly lacking in this modern world.

Chris

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
chrisfound said:
Hi
I'm not sure what you mean by this, what I meant was that most people who own a DM7025 will be doing exactly what you are. What would be the point of having a dual tuner STB if you couldn't record to disk?

chrisfound said:
All of the images you mention that you tried in post #1 come from voluntary software developers (Maybe not Gemini). This is a very different environment to the commercial world of consumer goods.

Why not try the default offering from DMM and see if that works? This is the basic image that would be all that would be available to us if 3rd party volunteers didn't develop more interesting software.

You can download it here.... _http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/downloads

I'd still be inclined to try a different hard drive before turning a few more hairs grey by messing around with software.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
chrisfound said:
Hi
I'm not sure what you mean by this, what I meant was that most people who own a DM7025 will be doing exactly what you are. What would be the point of having a dual tuner STB if you couldn't record to disk?

chrisfound said:
All of the images you mention that you tried in post #1 come from voluntary software developers (Maybe not Gemini). This is a very different environment to the commercial world of consumer goods.

Why not try the default offering from DMM and see if that works? This is the basic image that would be all that would be available to us if 3rd party volunteers didn't develop more interesting software.

You can download it here.... _http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/downloads

I'd still be inclined to try a different hard drive before turning a few more hairs grey by messing around with software.

JanH

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800
My Location
Czech rep.
I have 7025 for long time and I use more different HDDs include 2,5". No problems if HDD inside.

Are you really shure that you inicialize the disk inside the machine with green result?

I am out of previous diskuss but it is main think.