T90 plus HD Receiver: Advice Please!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
godzillafan said:
metal bars are the way forward but where to get them from in Wales.
B&Q. It is just a 2m x 10mm ali tube. The holders are Vantage and come in sets of 4.
godzillafan said:
Just trying to see if I can save spending the 50-60 odd £/euros on the remaining 11 holders (5 with T90).
If you want to save money go motorised.

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
24" SuperJack,Clark-Tech V-Box
Laminas120cm CM P.M 75e-30w
18" Superjack, Clark-Tech V-Box
Gibertini XP premium 100cm
Polar Mount, 12" Superjack
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
The 10mm alu-tube is so easy to bend, i did it with help of my knee. Many small bendings all the way on the alu-tube and it will be perfect.
The holders i use for my T-90 cost around 9 EUR for a pack of four, you need 4x .
I think its better to start with the 5 original LNB holders so you can understand the adjustments and how the T-90 works.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Hakon said:
The holders i use for my T-90 cost around 9 EUR for a pack of four, you need 4x
Where did they come from?

HM-sat do Vantage ones for 15€/pack. The photo on the website is wrong. When they arrived they looked the same as the ones on your T90.
_http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/montage-zubehoer-lnb-zubehoer/universal-multifeedhalterung-4fach.html

sunlight786

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i am running xp
My Location
engineer
hi, guys
i am also planning to buy T90 as i looking to have 4 sattellite( 9e,13e.19e,28.2e) via my multi switch which is 16 input and 8 out put for qouatro lnb,s
at the minut i got 1m dish with abracket where i am using my 4 lnb and my center lnb is set to 19e and every time there is bad weather the channel on 28.2 scrampled and i have test the setting of lnb for getting signal as close as possible with my meter but still problem so i need some good advice

in bad weather will T90 will give me any problem? or is it better then standerd 1m dish?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
sunlight786 said:
in bad weather will T90 will give me any problem? or is it better then standerd 1m dish?
What is your location?

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
Hakon said:
The 10mm alu-tube is so easy to bend, i did it with help of my knee. Many small bendings all the way on the alu-tube and it will be perfect.
The holders i use for my T-90 cost around 9 EUR for a pack of four, you need 4x .
I think its better to start with the 5 original LNB holders so you can understand the adjustments and how the T-90 works.

Thanks H

I am now toying with the idea of getting them from germany as prices are much cheaper but think the postage might level things out.

Any one used these lnb's before?

ICECRYPT 0.1db Universal Single LNB

on special and wondered if they were any good - just checking if there is much difference to any other branded name for around that mark £4-6

where the best link of the sat channels on here to see what channels come with each bird

cheers V

sunlight786

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
i am running xp
My Location
engineer
i am in uk mate in birmingham.

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
godzillafan said:
Thanks H

I am now toying with the idea of getting them from germany as prices are much cheaper but think the postage might level things out.

Any one used these lnb's before?

ICECRYPT 0.1db Universal Single LNB

on special and wondered if they were any good - just checking if there is much difference to any other branded name for around that mark £4-6

where the best link of the sat channels on here to see what channels come with each bird

cheers V
Never heard of those LNB the looks a little bit big for use on a T-90 with multi-LNB .
Some german satshops takes only 16EUR in shippingcost even if you buy a lot of things.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90, 1 black ultra HighGrain Quuad, 20 smart lnb (2 twins), 16/1 diseqc switch, 2x emp 4/1, S9HD, Vu+ Uno,
My Location
South Wales
Hakon said:
Never heard of those LNB the looks a little bit big for use on a T-90 with multi-LNB .
Some german satshops takes only 16EUR in shippingcost even if you buy a lot of things.

Thanks H

I know the smart are another option but they seem to look the same

what others will 16 fit the wave bar?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
godzillafan said:
Thanks H

I know the smart are another option but they seem to look the same

what others will 16 fit the wave bar?
If you are going to modify the guide bar you need to think careful about what LNBs you are going to use. The holders Hakon is using, for example, need a long-neck short-body LNB so won't work with LNBs such as the Black Premium.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Huevos said:
If you are going to modify the guide bar you need to think careful about what LNBs you are going to use. The holders Hakon is using, for example, need a long-neck short-body LNB so won't work with LNBs such as the Black Premium.

Cheers H
I am down to these two but I cant find any sizes or dimensions for them anywhere - can anyone advise on these.

Was about to start a fresh thread on lnbs and waves to get an idea what everyone was using.

So these are the two which 'seem' to come up the most.

I guess a question for everyone

IF I was using the 'plastic' cheap wave holder - which lnbs will allow 16 to be put on?

IF I going to mod it in the future - like add those metal bars etc etc which lnbs will be best?

At the moment I am stuck bewteen these two and want to only stick to one purchase at the moment but have scope to change holders

Hope this makes sense.

The two in question
Smart 0.1dB Single Titanium TS Universal LNB - £5.98

ICECRYPT 0.1db Universal Single LNB - £3.99

both just look the same but no sizes mentioned on any lnbs I look at apart from 40mm

any help please or might start a new thread as its doing my head in

cheers vik

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
2 Godzillafan:
None of your mentioned are good to be placed close enough to catch birds with 2* difference because of big diameter of their front parts.
I would advice to go for Sharp_ BS1R9EL100A Sharp_ BS1R9EL100A
or Black Multiconnect Inverto - IDLB-SINL20-MULTI-OPP -
Both of those can handle for example 4,8*E-7*E-9*E, both can be placed on original plastic T90 LNB holders or on any others holders, and both are under 5 EUR price.
Some time ago I had 3 Black Multiconnect quads pointed on 4,8*E-7*E-9*E and without any compromises of signals. Now I had located Sharp between 2 Inverto. And again, works just great.
Add. There are also ALPS LNBs, but I have never tried them.

Attachments

• old.jpg
    old.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 40
  • new.JPG
    new.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 45

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
RimaNTSS said:
2 Godzillafan:
None of your mentioned are good to be placed close enough to catch birds with 2* difference because of big diameter of their front parts.
Both of those can handle for example 4,8*E-7*E-9*E, both can be placed on original plastic T90 LNB holders or on any others holders, and both are under 5 EUR price.
Some time ago I had 3 Black Multiconnect quads pointed on 4,8*E-7*E-9*E and without any compromises of signals. Now I had located Sharp between 2 Inverto. And again, works just great.

Thanks R
They look good and see what you mean with the front parts all being a issue
But where does one get them around the 5 EUR price
everytime I look nothing close comes via the searches.
some more help would be of great help!
cheers vik

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
I went shopping another day and did buy that Sharp for 5 EUR, but, for example

_http://www.planet4one.de/planet/wbc.php?sid=1612504396f39&pid=1030223&tpl=produktdetailv3.html

Black Inverto Multiconnect maybe lillbit more expensive like here

_http://cgi.ebay.de/Original-Inverto-Black-MultiConnect-Single-LNB-23mm-23-/110529864229?pt=Motoren_Positionierer&hash=item19bc17e225

Although if you get in touch with seller and say that you take 15 pieces and want a bargain price, you will probably get good one.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
godzillafan said:
IF I was using the 'plastic' cheap wave holder - which lnbs will allow 16 to be put on?
You're missing the point. To get 16 LNBs on the guide bar (which is exactly 40º long) you would need to space the LNBs at 3º (i.e. touching). The reality though is satellites aren't spaced 3º. Normally the spacing is a lot bigger, while in a few parts of the arc it is smaller. For example if you took 39ºE to 1ºW as your 40º of arc there are (on that dish size) probably only 10 useful satellites, if that, for someone living in the UK.

godzillafan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Wales
Huevos said:
You're missing the point. To get 16 LNBs on the guide bar (which is exactly 40º long) you would need to space the LNBs at 3º (i.e. touching). The reality though is satellites aren't spaced 3º. Normally the spacing is a lot bigger, while in a few parts of the arc it is smaller. For example if you took 39ºE to 1ºW as your 40º of arc there are (on that dish size) probably only 10 useful satellites, if that, for someone living in the UK.

Thanks H

Yes I am a little confused.

Bascially this is the idea
28.2E ASTRA 2A | ASTRA 2B | ASTRA 2D
19.2E ASTRA 1H | ASTRA 1KR | ASTRA 1L | ASTRA 1M

is the main area I will be looking to base as near centre as I can. I will then put lnbs on the left/right of them to pick up as many birds as possible.

I know that the black t90 holders will limit a max number of lnbs going on. I had planned a diy job and get a many as the inverto thin lnbs (that sized) in as possible (now that I know the thicker lnb heads will be too thick and limit them max number of lnbs on the bar).

Plan was to put 16 on and hope to pick up as many as possible. I know 10 will do it, but since I will have the space to fill - I would like to fill it as I dont plan to go up too often (well wishful thinking).

hope this makes sense - would like to set it up in a one hit (few days) job.

I know it will take time but if if there is 1-2 spacing with thinner lnbs I will be happy.

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
2 Godzillafan:
Your location is quiet good to mount real multi-LNB setup on T90, even without extending of LNB guide bar!
If you put 7*E as middle satellite than you will be able to get as your Westernmost sat Telstar 15*W and as Easternmost sat Astra 28,2*E. Of course, everything in between will also be yours such as
Atlantic Bird 12,5*W
Express 11*W
Atlantic Bird 8*W
Atlantic Bird 5*W (and may be Amos 4*W)
Thor 0,8*W
Rascom 2,8*E (I am not sure about this)
Astra 4,8* (old good Sirius)
Eutelsat 7*E
Eurobird 9*E/Eutelsat 10*E
Hotbird 13*E
Eurobird 16 at 15,8*E
Astra 19,2*E
Eutelsat 21,6*E
Astra 23*E
Bard 26*E
So, together 17 LNBs and almost 20 birds. That will probably be not easy to achieve with standard plastic LNB holders, however it is also possible.
If you extend LNB guide bar than you can add another LNB for Eurobird 33*E

Hakon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My setup
Laminas180cm P.M 60e-30w
75e-30w
2 x Vu+ Duo
My Location
Sweden south
RimaNTSS said:
2 Godzillafan:
Works great with this setup on the 4,8e-7e-9 , Alps in the middle.

@ godzillafan , the Icecrypt single LNB i found first when Google was not the one i now found. I know the Smart and they are great for the money, you can find them cheaper in Germany. Now you must start thinking of buying, money are not allowed to stop your project.....:)

Attachments

• Kopia.JPG
    Kopia.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 39

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
RimaNTSS said:
Rascom 2,8*E (I am not sure about this) [...] Bard 26*E
Are you serious? :-rofl2

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
N-E from Riga
Huevos said:
Are you serious? :-rofl2
Serious only partially, TGIF! I have no clear picture which birds you can catch over there. I just looked in footprints, and seems that at least some beams from 2,8* and 26* are receivable in UK.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_03 May. 13 23.34.jpg
    ScreenHunter_03 May. 13 23.34.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 36
  • ScreenHunter_04 May. 13 23.35.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 May. 13 23.35.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 34