TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
TA3 (Slovakia)

Astra 1G

11798H
27500 3/4

Entertainment channel transmitting fta in Slovakian. Seems to have moved off the co-located Astra 3A. Its an exceptionally easy catch now :)

Attachments

• ta3.jpg
    ta3.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 74

Jimannie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TECHNOMATE 5400 CI+ & TRIAX 110 CM MOTORISED SYSTEM
trying to get Slovaka TV
My Location
Scottish Borders TD9 8SE
Hi Ross, please excuse me writing to you, but your page comes up when I google "satellite TA3". Firstly may I apologise, I know very little about setting up satellites and less about this form protocol. My problem is I have a Slovakian worker working for me and he has just brought his partner over to the UK with him. I thought I would try and get him some tv from Slovakia and bought a 1.1m dish and Technomate box. Just over a week ago we put it up, Martin the Slovak guy said he would like TA3. I looked on Lyngsat and decided to go for Astra 1 but when we found it seemed to be encrypted. Then we found Thor 3 which I assumed, according to Lyngsat, I would not get. Although we could not get the motor to work properly we were delighted as we could get TA3 and about 5 other FTA Slovak satellite channels. So I bypassed the motor and left the dish fixed on Thor 3.

I thought all was well until yesterday (1st Jan 2010) when Martin says all the channels he was getting on Thor 3 are now encrypted. What has gone wrong? Have these channels been shifted to another satellite? and if so which one? Will they come back to Thor 3? I read about updating the Technomate box, and have ordered a Serial Null RS232 Cable to try and do this. Will this help?

I would love to get him up and running again, but don't want to waste too much time, as it is not the warmest of jobs trying to aim a dish when it is snowing and about minus 3 degrees Celsius.
Regards Jim

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Hi Jim, you need to work out which satellite you are looking at - TA3 is free on 23E, its encrypted on Thor 1W.

Its still there in the clear on 23E - Im watching at the moment to test it. You may need to just rescan the frequencies involved - sometime the channels have minor parameter changes and disappear off receivers - a bit of a nuisance if you are used to sky uk receiver that track the parameter changes automatically!

Jimannie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
trying to get Slovaka TV
My Location
Scottish Borders TD9 8SE
Hi Ross
Many thanks for reply, Martin and I tried to get Astra 1G with no success. It is not on the list of satellites on the Technomate box. There is Astra 1 at 19.2 East, Astra 3A on 23.5 East and Astra Euro on 29.5. We have scanned all three and can get TA3 on Astra 1 at 19.2 but encrypted. How can I get Astra 1G on 23.5 when it does not show up on the Technomate box? It is a new box, only a week old. So I assume it is up to date. Or perhaps it is not. If it is not, I assume I will need to wait for the Serial Null RS232 Cable to arrive. Good news. Martin has just come to my door, he has found TA3 unscrambled an Arab satellite at about 26 degrees east. Despite this I would like to find the satellite Astra 1G.
Regards Jim

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Use the Astra 3 setting and add frequencies to it

-http://www.flysat.com/astra23.php

The Astra 1G frequencies are very strong and an easy catch even on a 80 cm dish

See if you can find the Dutch regionals on 11914H - they arent carried anywhere else so are a useful marker you are on the right satellite.

Dont expect to get the Astra 3A channels - they are carried on a spotbeam firing into Germany and are very poor in the UK. Just anything on Astras 1 E & 1G.

Jimannie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
trying to get Slovaka TV
My Location
Scottish Borders TD9 8SE
Many thanks again, will give it a go tomorrow (weather permiting) and let you know how I get on. Regards Jim

Jimannie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
trying to get Slovaka TV
My Location
Scottish Borders TD9 8SE
Hi Ross
I went over to Martins house to try and get TA3 for him on Astra 1G, but as he pointed out if he is getting a perfectly good signal of TA3 FTA on the ArabSat 26 Degrees why spend time out in the cold trying to change it. So we have decided to leave it till warmer weather. He did ask "would he get any other Slovakian channels on Astra 1G or is it just TA3" In the meantime many thanks for your help and I will contact you later in the year and let you know how I got on.
Regards Jim