Technomate motor problem

townni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax foxsat
My Location
Gloucestershire uk
Hello i have had a technomate motor for my sat setup for over a year now but now the motor has stopped. It will not move when told so by the reciever and when you manualy go to move dish on motor it moves slightly then green light on motor goes amber. I have looked in the instructions but it does not mention an amber light. Any ideas and help appreciated

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
townni, check motor cable connections are ok. Also try rebooting receiver and command a goto reference.

townni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax foxsat
My Location
Gloucestershire uk
I have tried reseting motor and but the motor still does not move. I have checked all the cables and everything is ok and i still receive a picture fine for the satellite it is stuck on

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Check there's nothing obstructing the motor from moving, try another receiver (unlikely) but there might be a power issue. Could well be a faulty motor afterall.

A nonymous

Reaction score
Check for water in the cable if your using that nasty honeycombed cable instead of foam filled :eek:

Its may be that you have a slight short

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
townni said:
Hello i have had a technomate motor for my sat setup for over a year now but now the motor has stopped. It will not move when told so by the reciever and when you manualy go to move dish on motor it moves slightly then green light on motor goes amber. I have looked in the instructions but it does not mention an amber light. Any ideas and help appreciated

According to the Troubleshooting guides for similar motors, an LED showing orange after a failed demand to change position could be "caused by a loose magnet inside or hall sensor broken. Please contact your vendor for repair".

If so, not good news. Let's hope it is something simpler, like a lack of "oomph" due to a spot of water ingress or a less than secure connection (One of my DiSEqC motors behaves erratically if the cable from the Rx isn't tightened with a spanner, despite the L Band signal from the LNB being unaffected).

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
An afterthought.

I can't find mention of the size of the Dish you've got clagged on to that Motor.

Although most DiSEqC Motors are specified for up to 1.2m, using anything above 1m does tend to stress them, especially in exposed locations.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's an 80cm according to earlier posts Tivú, would be useful to have the dish size in profile.:)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
rolfw said:
It's an 80cm according to earlier posts Tivú, would be usefult to have the dish size in profile.:)

Thankyou, kind sir!

Mind you, I've only just added system details to my own profile this morning, so I wouldn't like to be the kettle that called the pot black :)

townni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax foxsat
My Location
Gloucestershire uk
Thanks for all the info guys ill have to wait for the weekend to check and have a real play with it now as im away untill then

townni

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
humax foxsat
My Location
Gloucestershire uk
Turns out the motor is broken thanks for all the advice

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup