Teletext On Non Sky Digital Receivers ?

MalM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
MVision satellite receiver
My Location
scotland
Hi Everyone

I currently have two satellite receivers....The main one is an MVision ST-5 with USB recording capability which i like.

The problem i am having is that although the receiver has teletext capabilities i can only access them on the Sky News channel....I cannot get any pages from BBC, Channel 4 or ITV except page 888 subtitles....So i can't access any other teletext pages such as the news or entertainment pages just page 888 subtitles.

Does this receiver need a different type of teletext decoder for BBC, ITV and Channel 4 ?

I would appreciate anyone who has one of these receivers piping in....I am not currently using the latest firmware as i am waiting for a hard drive to arrive and then i will put the firmware on it but i don't think this is a firmware issue or is it ?

MalM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
No one has any knowledge or advice ?

Am i posting in the wrong section ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It may be that nobody knows, but as far as I know, the MHEG text side of BBC and ITV is a proprietary format, so you will probably need a dedicated receiver to access it.

MalM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
scotland
I guess no teletext for me then unless i buy a box with the format already installed.....I find that strange as i thought they would just use Sky's system and since i can get skytext on sky news i know my box can decode that.