The original Nutty Professor from 1963

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
hey, I watched this, today, while working on my pc, and I thought it's still a good movie. Low budget yes, but nevertheless, still watchable 43 years after it was made.

It really did make me laugh out loud, as Jerry Lewis' Buddy Love is soo00 different from the Professor. It is actually very hard to believe it's the same person.

Unfortunately, I still can't stand Eddie Murphey's 1996 version nor its sequel. Dire beyond belief.:-rofl2

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
I don't like Jerry Lewis' rubber faces and silly voices too much, but yes, it's certainly better than the remake.

That's not denying Lewis' achievements, as a comedian, but he doesn't appeal to me!

Can't think of any remake as good as original.

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
spiney said:

agreed

today watched war of the worlds (original) and enjoyed it alot more than tom cruises effort

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
There is one remake which was good and that one is The Great Escape (1963); the original had been filmed in black and white, in the early 1950s, starring Dirk Bogarde.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
spiney said:

The colour version of Quatermass and the Pit, it came out about a decade after the orignal black and white version.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062168/

One of my top ten, and one of the best from the Hammer Studios.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Channel Hopper said:
The colour version of Quatermass and the Pit, it came out about a decade after the orignal black and white version.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062168/

One of my top ten, and one of the best from the Hammer Studios.

Channel, I remember that film, and the end has a strange loop to it. If I recall from memory, Dr Quartmass is recovering, bloodied after destroying the aliens, while the city burns behind him. I note his presense there while the end credits roll, is looped. If anyone has a copy at hand, look at it. :)