Advice Needed Thompson Tnt Sat experience?

roaduser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mvision HD-270CN Sly oval and 80cm through Diseqc for astra 28.2 and 19.2. Technomate 6900 combo and Metronic for other rooms. Optical Audio for 5.1 through Technics receiver.
My Location
Lincolnshire
Anyone played with one of these boxes? Impossible to get a strong signal. Used to have no issues on a different box, same allignment (19.2), same dish just different box on TNT SAT with official card.
80cm should be more than sufficient. What is bizarre is I shortened the cable from about 5 metres to 2 metres re did the f connectors and the signal strength went down? Im lost (and cold). Roll on summer.

Last edited:

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Stick a long cable on, or use a smaller dish - if shortening the cable reduced the signal the tuner may be getting overloaded

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Anyone played with one of these boxes? Impossible to get a strong signal. Used to have no issues on a different box, same allignment (19.2), same dish just different box on TNT SAT with official card.
80cm should be more than sufficient. What is bizarre is I shortened the cable from about 5 metres to 2 metres re did the f connectors and the signal strength went down? Im lost (and cold). Roll on summer.

What is the actual issue - I mean, if Channels are fully locked, then "Strength" is irrelevant and a low reading might be no more than a characteristic of the "Metering" on the box.

So, are the Channels locked, or do you have pixellation or missing Channels?

roaduser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mvision HD-270CN Sly oval and 80cm through Diseqc for astra 28.2 and 19.2. Technomate 6900 combo and Metronic for other rooms. Optical Audio for 5.1 through Technics receiver.
My Location
Lincolnshire
Quality is low. Missing a HD channel and breaking up slightly on most HD channels. Ive seen overloading on my Mvision where it cuts and jumps but I just cant seem to align this up. Im going to swap the box sometime this week and see what i get without moving dish. thanks guys.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
It could just be the Thomson brand of course - Thommo stb equipment has a dismal reputation for power supply problems here in the UK

roaduser

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lincolnshire
Trees. :(. Already had them chopped in my garden BUT two huge ones about 50 to 60 metres away behind my trees have definitely grown to a height just enough to cause issues. A quick google and Silver Birch are fast growing. Oh well. Time to get the ladders and drill back out. Amazing how quick the signal drops from one week to the next.