Timeshift on Dreambox

OEB

Reaction score
On my Kaon tuner timeshifting runs continiously in 2-hour intervals (as long as I stay on the same channel), meaning I can always rewind if I missed parts of a program or want to watch something over again. This also works on many PC-based solutions. Would it be possible to make Dreambox do the same, preferably in an even better way so you could also permanently store these recordings? I.e. if you're recording music videos this is a great way to get them complete.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
OEB said:
On my Kaon tuner timeshifting runs continiously in 2-hour intervals (as long as I stay on the same channel), meaning I can always rewind if I missed parts of a program or want to watch something over again. This also works on many PC-based solutions. Would it be possible to make Dreambox do the same, preferably in an even better way so you could also permanently store these recordings? I.e. if you're recording music videos this is a great way to get them complete.

Of course this is possible with DB.
Of course you must have a hard drive installed.
Then you can pause live TV and pick up after a quick beer or snog or keep the whole movie as a clear identified file to be played whenever you like or load to PC or Mac to make a DVD.
There is a DB manual you can dowload from the dreambox manufacturers site without even buying the box and read all the things it can do officially. Then you move on to the unofficial stuff.

OEB

Reaction score
haggard said:
Of course this is possible with DB.
Of course you must have a hard drive installed.
Then you can pause live TV and pick up after a quick beer or snog or keep the whole movie as a clear identified file to be played whenever you like or load to PC or Mac to make a DVD.
There is a DB manual you can dowload from the dreambox manufacturers site without even buying the box and read all the things it can do officially. Then you move on to the unofficial stuff.
I know that, but what I meant was having a timeshift buffer that records everything (even if you haven't entered record or pause-mode). This feature is available on most PC-cards and also the Kaon tuner.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes, I know what you mean. A fixed size FIFO timeshift buffer.

Now that we've got that sorted out, the answer is no AFAIK, but it wouldn't be difficult to do so I'd not be surprised if some clever clogs had come up with something as maybe a plug-in.

'Fraid you'll have to search it out yourself unless anyone else here has seen one. The Aussie Dreambox site has several guys writing plug-ins... :)

OEB

Reaction score
Thanks. The forum you're talking about is sat-industry.net?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton