JackMonty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite: Hotbird 13
Box: Nokia MediaMaster 9200S
My Location
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me - I had a look around the forum and wasn't able to find a specific answer to this.

I recently purchased a decoder (TELE System) with TIVU Sat card - I've managed to connect the system and get all the channels working.

My problem is I didn't register the card when I was in Italy and now I am in the UK for at least 6 months - I have all the details I need to register my only concern is if I register via the internet here will it be valid as I am doing it in the UK?

Also I can't seem to get the tivusat number 199 309 409 to work in the UK I have tried everything! Is anyone able to offer any help on this please?

Many Thanks!

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised Gibertini 125 - fixed dish 72 -
stabHH120 -
lnb Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 - Sharp 0.4 -
Jepssen STHD3 AzboxHD Premium / 1TB WD e-sata hdd -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
JackMonty said:
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me - I had a look around the forum and wasn't able to find a specific answer to this.

I recently purchased a decoder (TELE System) with TIVU Sat card - I've managed to connect the system and get all the channels working.

My problem is I didn't register the card when I was in Italy and now I am in the UK for at least 6 months - I have all the details I need to register my only concern is if I register via the internet here will it be valid as I am doing it in the UK?

Also I can't seem to get the tivusat number 199 309 409 to work in the UK I have tried everything! Is anyone able to offer any help on this please?

Many Thanks!
no way you can call 199... from outside Italy

via Internet, I guess there will be no problem at all, I don't think they register your IP adress, worth a try...

A nonymous

Reaction score
Try and find a proxy server that based in Italy and use that :D

Code:
http://www.xroxy.com/proxy-country-IT.htm

:-beer

Nano

JackMonty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
Thanks for the suggestions - I got my uncle in Italy to call up the number and turns out it asks you to register via the internet which I thought was quite odd (or perhaps he didn't quite understand the instructions!) So I guess I am stuck going via the TIVU website - I heard a few bad things about proxies and as I am entering my italian NI number I'm not sure if I want that going via a third party.

Has anyone tried eregistering the card with an IP outside Italy? If so does it work?

Thanks

JackMonty

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
United Kingdom
Thanks for the suggestions - I got my uncle in Italy to call up the number and turns out it asks you to register via the internet which I thought was quite odd (or perhaps he didn't quite understand the instructions!) So I guess I am stuck going via the TIVU website - I heard a few bad things about proxies and as I am entering my italian NI number I'm not sure if I want that going via a third party.

Has anyone tried eregistering the card with an IP outside Italy? If so does it work?

Thanks

digitaly

Reaction score
Get a VoIP italian service and call as you where in the county... and also save some money on calls... That's what I do anyway... where did you get tivusat by that way? I need one but no one in my family pays the tv licence... do you need to pay tv licence in order to get one?

danit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised Gibertini 125 - fixed dish 72 -
stabHH120 -
lnb Inverto Black Ultra 0.2 - Sharp 0.4 -
Jepssen STHD3 AzboxHD Premium / 1TB WD e-sata hdd -
Fortec Passion HD -
QUALI IRCI HDTV -
Homecast PVR 300 -
Digiscrappybox -
various CAMs -
vari
My Location
8e 43.9n
digitaly said:
do you need to pay tv licence in order to get one?
just if you get it from RAI, not if you get it in bundle with a receiver or the official Tivùsat CAM, see i.e. _tvsatitaly.net/articolo.asp?detail=189&lg=it_