TV2 Norway Help

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
Ok here goes but forgive me if any of this sounds simple to you. Im an Arsenal fan and would like to watch their games, but I also happy to watch other games and if they included the ones Sky select even better. Now I have seen by looking at liveonsat that TV2 from Norway seems to have the 3pm Sat games as well as the early and late kick offs on Sat as well as all the sun and mon and even midweek fixtures up to the 26th August, guessing their schedules only go up to then.

Now Im basically a beginner, I would need a sat, receiver and anything else but then dont want to be spending thousands. Is there anyone out there who is willing to help me get this set up where I can just watch a majority of games that I have mentioned without the card costing over £1000. Hope to hear from someone who can advise a beginner in this field, thanks in advance for all your help.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its going to cost you hundreds if not thousands of pounds to get TV2.

Viasat transmits on the Nordic beam of 5E and in Cornwall you are in the most unfavourable place in the mainland UK to get them. You will need a VERY big dish indeed, professionally installed by someone who knows what they are doing.

Plus the subs card & equipment - thats well over a thousand quid for starter on its own.

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
Ok, so if its not too much trouble, can you advise me on a setup that will work in Cornwall but also a package that will enable me to watch the Premiership, does not have to be all Arsenal games, just something similar to Skys package.

Once again thanks for the help.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sky UK?? :D

Depends if you want English language commentary - many of the suppliers have removed their English language soundtracks in recent years due to pressure from FAPL.

Have a look at some of the packages our forum sponsors sell.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I always advise that first you decide where you need to site your dish, I prefer a motorized system, as this allows you to view all the satellites available, providing a greater choice of channels for viewing.
In most of the UK you are allowed, to install, up to a 1 Metre dish without the need to apply for planning permission, but there are a few restrictions, for listed buildings etc.
If you're lucky, and have an open, south facing, rear garden, then a ground mounted system is install, and maintain.
If you need to install it on the front of the property then you might want to go for something amaller, like a penta 85cm dish.
Many of us change/add satellite receivers, over the years, but tend to stick with the same dish/motor.
Check out the dishpointer application, type in your postcode, select your nearest true south satellite, which is your longitude reading, - readings = West, other readings are East, I think Cornwall is about 5W.
Zoom in on the map, locate your property, and work out where you need to site the dish, preferably to get as much of the satellite arc as possible, at least 42E to 30W.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/dishpointer/

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
Yes Sky Uk, but I dont mind not having UK commentary, just being able to view the games will be good enough, so which channels are best for this sort of thing.

Also the dishpointer, you say find my nearest true south satellite, what am I looking for to be able to do this? Some of the longitude is showing as -4.76 for the 28.2 Astra for example.

Sorry if these are stupid and basic questions.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Your Longitude provides your true south position, in your case -4.76 = 4.76 degrees West. Your Sky dish points at 28.2 degrees East, so if you stand behind your Sky dish, facing away from your house, then 33 degress West, to your right, is your true south position. Once you have this look about 40 degrees to your left and 40 degrees to your right to get the satellite arc.
Using the dishpointer application select 5W, from the drop down satellite box, to help decide where you would need to site your dish.
There are lots of channels, on numerous satellites, showing the EPL, which is why a motorized dish is probably best. Before the FAPL intervened, last year, amny were showing multiple Saturday 3PM kick Offs, last year they were limited to showing just one game, but not all the providers have to show the same game.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Also I think the premier league deal sky has done includes 16 extra games moved away from 3pm, I think this applies from next year.

I had sky italia for the season just finished and they showed arsenal games got a box and card of the auction place for about 400.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Yeah, Sky Italy is probably the most economical one. Even if you were to get a TV2 Norway card from someone in Norway rather than through resellers, it's still bloody expensive :(

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
So Sky italia is best then. Is the premiership shown on any FTA channels. Like the idea of a motorised dish if it meant seeing more games but don't want to have to buy multiple cards.

What dish, receiver and subscription would be best and where to get it all from.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
There is a Premier League channel on 10E, that uses BISS keys, which are sometimes available.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I think some of our sponsors sell Sky Italy subs. Alternatively there is eBay - such as item number 280923244747

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Also you might want a card for aljazeera sport on hotbird 13e, shows lots of football pretty much everything but premier league.

If you do get sky italia, make sure you get the receiver with the card.

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
Already heard aljazeera don't show premiership so not really interested. Sky italia looks good, is there a website I can view to see what premiership and champs league games they show.

If I got one of the cards I'm guessing I need one of their receivers also?
Hcan anyone with sky Italy tell me how good they are and what dish they have, if I had one of these witha motorised dish would I only get sky italia or could I view FTA channels on other satellites with the receiver.

Sorryagain for all these questions if they seem basic.

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
Please help, anyone with Sky Italia, some ebay sellers say the sat needs to be pointed at 13e is this right? Can I get other channels via the sky receiver or is sky italia all I will need for the football. Also one other question for now, if im right in thinking i need an official sky italia receiver with the viewing card, after a year do I then need to get another receiver or can I just get another 12 month viewing card and use same receiver, thanks all once again, your help is appreciated.

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
Help seems to of dried up, is there anyone that can help with my queries? Would a normal Sky dish be able to pick up sky italia on 13e?

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
Yes but buy the larger 60cm zone 2 dish for viewing sky italia on 13east.

The viewing card is best used in the official receiver or you can take a chance with it in a Linux satellite receiver vu+ etc but cards have been reported to been killed in unofficial receivers so beware.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
kevstarkie said:
Please help, anyone with Sky Italia, some ebay sellers say the sat needs to be pointed at 13e is this right? Can I get other channels via the sky receiver or is sky italia all I will need for the football. Also one other question for now, if im right in thinking i need an official sky italia receiver with the viewing card, after a year do I then need to get another receiver or can I just get another 12 month viewing card and use same receiver, thanks all once again, your help is appreciated.

Yes sky italia broadcasts from hotbird 13e so you will need a dish pointed to this satellite.

I have the official sky italia hd receiver and from what I've been told I can just buy another card from a seller as they aren't paired to the receiver like they are in the uk.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yorkshire
kevstarkie said:
Already heard aljazeera don't show premiership so not really interested. Sky italia looks good, is there a website I can view to see what premiership and champs league games they show.

There are two options with these italia cards either sports or the 13 football calcio channels as they are known in Italy. You can't get both unless you pay for a full sub card costing loads.

season just gone I had the card with entertainment mix and just the calcio channels 1-14.

What I found is these calcio channels showed more games than the sky italia sport 1,2,3 and extra channels but you couldn't watch champions league with a calcio only card as they were pay per view in Italy unless you had sky sport italia channels.

So I had aljazeera sport to watch champions league, Europa league etc.

kevstarkie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky TV
My Location
Cornwall
wod said:
There are two options with these italia cards either sports or the 13 football calcio channels as they are known in Italy. You can't get both unless you pay for a full sub card costing loads.

season just gone I had the card with entertainment mix and just the calcio channels 1-14.

What I found is these calcio channels showed more games than the sky italia sport 1,2,3 and extra channels but you couldn't watch champions league with a calcio only card as they were pay per view in Italy unless you had sky sport italia channels.

So I had aljazeera sport to watch champions league, Europa league etc.

Great thanks, was going to ask the difference between Calcio and Sport, so you recommend going for Calcio for the premiership, did they show everything sky uk showed or not?

As for aljazeera, if I get one of these cards, did you use that in the italia hd receiver fine just swapping the cards over for champs league or do you have 2 seperate receivers.