Twinning set-top TV boxes

oldbilbo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
elderly Sky dish on a garden pole; Humax HDR1100N (fitted): Freesat UHD-4x 2000 (new, unfitted); Dell SFF desktop 64-bit i5-3470 8Gb RAM W10; LG OLED48C Smart(er than me) TV
My Location
Bath, UK
I have and run an elderly Humax s't 1100 box which, like me, is creaking. I have purchased a Freesat UHD-4x 2000 s't box c/w a new all-singing, all-dancing LNB and half-a-mile of new cable, as the relevant 'far corner of the garden' pole is where I can get clear LOS.

Milady has recorded some hours of TV shows. She's reluctant to lose them on the basis of "If they go, you go!"
Could some kind 'spert suggest how I can:
A: Port the recorded stuff from one to the other boxes
or
B: Link the two boxes selectively either in series or parallel.

I thengque...

"......elderly Sky dish on a garden pole; Humax HDR1100N (fitted): Freesat UHD-4x 2000 (new, unfitted); Dell SFF desktop 64-bit i5-3470 8Gb RAM W10; LG OLED48C Smart(er than me) TV...."

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
It's not possible to transfer the recordings to the new receiver. Which LNB did you buy? If there are two cables already in use they can be reused.

Will the recorded programmes on the old box play with the satellite cables disconnected? If yes just connect that box to a separate HDMI port on the TV. Otherwise there may be a solution using splitters or an A/B switch.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If the drive itself is on the way out you may need to slave all data to an identical one.

You will need to take the receiver apart to do this.