Two Viaccess Cards

buckshee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9M dish dual C120 O.3 lnb with sky box and humax hdr . (28.2 East) Also 135CM dish pointed at Nilesat (7 west) BEIN Sports HD
My Location
El Saladillo, 30875,Murcia, Spain
Hi
This is my first posting, so apologies if its under the wrong section. I recently purchased the cam attached to decode two official viaccess cards. Art & Al Jazeera on 13 degrees east. The cam will not register in my Technomate 1500CI receiver. Both cards are fine in the multi-reader.
Should this cam be ok or have a purchased a bummer? The seller said some cams will not work, with certain receivers, which I found odd being an official viaccess card. Advise please ... PHIL )(-red

Attachments

• dda8_2.jpg
    dda8_2.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 51

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum buckshee

Well I think your last comment indicates you are confusing things, there is no question about your card only the compatibility of your CAM with your STB. Often having inserted a Cam you have to switch it on from a menu within the receiver.
The only doubt I would have is that you are wanting that they both decrypt VIACCESS and only the stb manufacturer could tell you if that is possible I am moving this to cams and cards

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
do you have only one or 2 ci slots,some cams and stbs it can happen,that it operates only on one slot and not in the other!
otherwise,buy another cam,the are real cheap,around 15 euros on ebay used!

buckshee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9M dish dual C120 O.3 lnb with sky box and humax hdr . (28.2 East) Also 135CM dish pointed at Nilesat (7 west) BEIN Sports HD
My Location
Thanks TOPPER & TUROK for a speedy reply. To answer your reply - When I plug in the cam (one CI slot only on the Technomate 1500CI plus a multi reader) it should automatically show on the TV the message "CAM initializing" with this cam there is no message of any kind. When I go into SETUP it still shows "SLOT 1" so the pins on the cam look like they are not connecting together. I have tried another cam (conax) and that registered OK. (showing conax)
I know only a viaccess cam, can only work with a viaccess card, BUT surely any official cam inserted should at least register itself - or am I wrong here???
Phil

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Yes I think you have a very valid point and all I can suggest is you take this 'CAM' to a friend who has an stb that has s CI slot that takes a cam and see if anything registers in there. Alternatively see if your PCMCIA slot on your laptop sees anything, if not then I would suspect the cam is fried.

I was alluding to the fact that because you were using the multicam functionality for Viaccess emulation with one Viaccess card and since that is already running it may be that emu running that is stopping the Viaccess CAM being recognised but I am only guessing.

buckshee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Conclussion :
PCMCIA slot in laptop 50-50. It will not register when I push in the cam but tries to register as I remove it. (very odd) Then tried the PCMCIA cam from my laptop in the stb and this tries to register. Conclussion : F-R-I-E-D

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
buckshee said:
Conclussion :
PCMCIA slot in laptop 50-50. It will not register when I push in the cam but tries to register as I remove it. (very odd) Then tried the PCMCIA cam from my laptop in the stb and this tries to register. Conclussion : F-R-I-E-D

Send it back to the place from whence it came, it sounds like there could be a faulty contact

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
there are many difrent revisions models of viacces modules
the old uk black v 1.2

the very old svt europe cam works also great with viacess 2 cards,and the latest red viacess cam!
when is incompatible between cam and stb,you can do nothing,maybe a firmware upgrade helps,otherwise you must change the stb or the cam!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Just wanted to add that the receiver is probably can't decrypt two Viaccess cards at the same time.
At least this is what happens to me with my Nokia 9800S which has an embedded Viaccess CAM and also a CI CAM slot.
When I put two viaccess cards at the same time, only the one in the embedded takes priority.
But if I put another CI CAM like Irdeto in the CI slot and Irdeto official card, then there is no problem.

buckshee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Upon inspection its BLACK with no version number printed on the outside. I have tried to use the 2 cards together and the cam on its own, but it will not register "THE CAM"
It used to register on my laptop, but no longer. Good news is the seller on ebay has decided to send me a free replacement.
Thanks for all your comments .........