UK & Ireland Lidl satellite stuff status...

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
Yep, went to my closest Lidl yesterday (not saying which, sorry!), they had no kits, one receiver, but loads of satfinders and lnbs and 80cm dishes.

Got a satfinder (£5, inc a short cable, as Lidl say "that's cheap"!). Since I have to put my dish on the kitchen sink, to watch, that means using a finder each time, but now I'll just leave the Lidl one in circuit and keep my Digisat in the toolbox, much less bother ....

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
spiney said:
(not saying which, sorry)

This thread gets more sublime as it goes along (meant in the friendy-ist of ways).:D

Not to divulge the whereabouts of a local - somewhere in the Midlands Lidly Horror Markt - - - to other members :eek:

Me thinks the next time I say anything thing here - I better keep my cards close to my chest. :rolleyes:

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Virgin V+HD XL Technomate 6800 Astra+Hotbird FTA on 60 cm dish
My Location
Cheshire
I only mentioned the Lidl stores i had visited in case anybody in the area was after the cheap sat gear and wanted to know where to go for it.
J

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
streetlighter said:
I only mentioned the Lidl stores i had visited in case anybody in the area was after the cheap sat gear and wanted to know where to go for it.
J

You now see things can get totally out of hand if you are not careful

streetlighter

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Virgin V+HD XL Technomate 6800 Astra+Hotbird FTA on 60 cm dish
My Location
Cheshire
Yes i shall no longer mention which branches of Lidl i visit :D

Topper said:
You now see things can get totally out of hand if you are not careful

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
If anyone wants the 80cm dish and LNBs, my local store (Nelson, Lancashire) still has them, aswell as the wall brackets and a couple of meters... :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
I was in my local Lidl last week (buying some clamp-on lamps and some other bits and pieces) and noticed they STILL have about 10+ 80cm dishes left, so if you want a cheap dish (£14.99) to play with, get to Nelson (Lancashire) and pick one up!!! :D

I didn't see any brackets, meters, LNBs or anything else, just the stack of dishes on a pallet, the top one opened (I guess people were inspecting the contents), might be a few other bits and bobs you might like too... :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I was there again (for the pet carrier that they have) and there were still some dishes waiting to be bought!!! :eek:

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Mate get me one of them dishes.. i snapped the arm off mine trying to lign up when i thought i had loosened the bolts..

ill come pick it up :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yeshi said:
Mate get me one of them dishes.. i snapped the arm off mine trying to lign up when i thought i had loosened the bolts..

ill come pick it up :)

How far away are you? Lidl in Nelson's next to the dead end railway that goes through Blackburn & Accrington (with me at the end in Colne!!!), it'd probably be a lot easier just hopping on the train (especially as I'm packing up my house so it's in a complete mess!!!)... :D

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
I live in Oldham, right near the 56 that leads to blackburn/burnley. what streets this lidl store as im fitting my 80cm (repaied it) tommoro.. might aswell have a trip up to lidl and buy :) and fit that instead.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yeshi said:
I live in Oldham, right near the 56 that leads to blackburn/burnley. what streets this lidl store as im fitting my 80cm (repaied it) tommoro.. might aswell have a trip up to lidl and buy :) and fit that instead.

It's on Rigby Street, Postcode BB97AA, literally right next to the railway line... :)

I'm tempted to buy myself a couple of them and eBaying them... :D

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
2cvbloke said:
It's on Rigby Street, Postcode BB97AA, literally right next to the railway line... :)

I'm tempted to buy myself a couple of them and eBaying them... :D

Think i know where that is.. saw it when i was working around there a few week ago.. ill throw it in my satnav tommoro and have a drive down.. hope there is some left :).. might buy some lnbs aswell :)

cheers fella

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yeshi said:
Think i know where that is.. saw it when i was working around there a few week ago.. ill throw it in my satnav tommoro and have a drive down.. hope there is some left :).. might buy some lnbs aswell :)

cheers fella

There were about 8 dishes only, no LNBs or wall mounts, when I was in today, some decent looking toolkits there though... :D

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
2cvbloke said:
There were about 8 dishes only, no LNBs or wall mounts, when I was in today, some decent looking toolkits there though... :D

Been and got the dish, felt like i was in beruit.. anyway there was 6 left, 2 had been raped (guts taken out) the other 4 where ok. took mine from bottom of pile.. so there is 3 good ones left.. tool kits looked ok.. but i settled for the masking tape lol...

cheers again fella :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I thought you must have been, I went again cos my mum wanted a couple of the cat feeding bowls, and I noticed the dish stack had gone down... :D

So that's 3 good ones, 2 opened and pulled out and all that left... :D

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
i must admit i was cursing you.. went in and looked and couldnt see them.. i thought ive come up here for nowt.. then i noticed i had walked past them 4 times.. i thought they would of been where the cat bowls where..

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Yeshi said:
i must admit i was cursing you.. went in and looked and couldnt see them.. i thought ive come up here for nowt.. then i noticed i had walked past them 4 times.. i thought they would of been where the cat bowls where..

I thought they'd gone too, but they were sat at the end of the drinks and stuff... :D

They were amongst all of the special offers yesterday so I guess they moved them for some reason... :confused

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, it's just the 2 "raped" (as Yeshi put it) dishes left, I have a feeling they'll be there for a while.... :D

Any news on when the next lot of Sat stuff's coming in? :confused