UK TV viewing to rise by 4%

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
UK TV viewing to rise by 4%

Total television viewing is likely to increase by over 4% in the next five years. Forecasts from research group Attentional suggest that the amount of viewing will rise as a consequence of the rapid conversion of older audiences to multichannel television combined with the conversion of younger audiences that have so far resisted digital technologies.

Attentional’s forecast says that the downward trend in daytime viewing among younger adults (16-34) has begun to level out. Broadcasters have been working on younger audiences through both the internet and on demand catch-up viewing in order to draw them back.

Rising levels of immigration among the 16-34 age group, officially projected at 5.5%, will be reflected in a 4.6% rise in total television viewing in this group by 2012.

The only group expected to experience a fall will be among children aged 4-15, which continues to show a slow decline, resulting in a 4% decrease in the next five years.

The analysis is drawn from Attentional’s latest channel performance forecasting tool, which will be released later this month.

Regards Satdude.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
More like some overpaid statistician wet his finger, stuck it in the air and guessed 4%, it is all very well making predictions but how many actually come to fruition and really does anybody care :eek:

pottsy189

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Technomate receivers and 4 dishes
My Location
Essex & Mojacar
Never in a million years , more likely to drop by 10% with the rubbish they put on

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
I think you underestimate the capacity of the Great British Public's appetite for mindless trivia, reality trash and 'freakumentaries' :eek:

Llew