Ultimate idiot needs help!

gando

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX dm800
My Location
uk
My other half asked me why I didnt program the dreambox handset so that if 1 is pressed it would go to BBC1 HD and if 3 were pressed it would go to ITV HD etc.
How do I change what is there (some13east programmes) to accomodate this?
I know I will no doubt get some stick for a question like this but I'm asking anyway

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You can make your own bouquets up and probably arrange things numerically as you like. Remember these are hobby boxes NOT family friendly boxes.

Just make a favourites list up and use that - on my 7020 the main favs list has BBC News first, SkyNews second. These come up as channels 1 & 2

meagain123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skydigibox, DM8000, DM800, SkyStar2 CI
My Location
UK
Yo can use DreamBoxEdit this lets you make up your favourites channel lists in which order you want on your pc and then transfer them to and from your box.

gando

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX dm800
My Location
uk
I use dreamboxedit to make my own bouquets up but I just thought that it would be nice to accomodate her indoors and do what she asked . Will have another go tonight to see what channels is on the number 1 to 9 buttons and try and find them in my bouquets and then see if I can alter them

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Analoguesat said:
Remember these are hobby boxes NOT family friendly boxes.
They can still be pretty user friendly though. My five-year-old doesn't have any trouble using it.

On Channel numbers: #1 is the first channel in the first user bouquet. On my Vu+ my bouquets go:
  • PSB,
  • Entertainment
  • Documentaries
  • Kids
  • Sports,
  • etc
BBC 1 is the first channel in PSB so if I press #1 it goes straight to BBC 1. Then my Entertainment bouquet runs from 16 to 64.

So all you need to do is make a PSB bouquet and have it as the first user bouquet in DBedit and put BBC1 as the first channel in that bouquet.

gando

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX dm800
My Location
uk
Like all things with a dreambox when you know the answer everything is either simple or impossible.
Thanks to Huevos for pointing me in the right direction. I have several bouquets some from Likra one from B16MCC and my own favourites list- unfortunately up to now I have put my favourites at the bottom of the list next to radio listings using dreamboxedit. Hence all I have done is created a new list and put it at the top of the bouquets list with my other half's choice of programmes . I now have a female friendly machine!! Thanks again