'Underlying' Sound Volume Change?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600 Official, DM500S Clone, Linux MythTV, Nova-T USB2 Stick, Nova-S-USB2 Tuner, S*y Subs, TRex -CAM, Satelco EasyWatch PCI DVB-S + CI Interface
My Location
West Midlands, England
Does anyone know if its possible to change the 'base' volume to be louder on the DM600? I run my various devices through a scart switcher to put the video to the TV and the sound to the aux input of a hifi. Now, my other devices seem to have one volume setting, but the dreambox is about 50% quieter with the stereo left at the same volume, and the dreambox volume at 100%.
Which means if I forget to turn the hifi down before changing to another device, I have to scramble for the remote whilst the whole house gets blasted out! :-rofl2

Ideally, if I could double the sound levels on the dreambox, everything would be much more in sync and make life easier.

I'm running the latest Pli-Jade image (sorry, I can't remember the v# at the moment) and on my audio/video setup, AC3 is NOT my default output.

TIA!

kalehrl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500+;
Echostar 770 (Strong 6155);
90cm Triax dish;
Strong DM2100 diseqc motor.
My Location
Serbia
It is not possible to change sound level.
All dreambox receivers except 800 and 8000 deliver a poor quality audio through analogue outputs (SCART and chinch).
I have a 500+ and have the same symptoms.
Not only is audio much quieter compared to other receivers I have but the sound quality is generally bad - high frequencies are virtually non-existent whereas low are emphasized.
There is thread on the official dreambox forum:
_http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5306