Use Sk card in a SMATV system

hpthenrik

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellit freak
My Location
Denmark
Hi everybody

When there is a block of arpartments who will have the Sky One on the old analog TV sets, what products will be used?

I am not thinking on a satellite receiver per user, but 1 unit per tv program so there will be +100 to use vhf channel 5 for this.

What do you do to receive a scrambled program for a cable union??

Is it a special CAM and card or is it a " normal " Sky box with a modulator to a vhf channel 5?

Can anybody help me with that?

BR
Henrik

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
It would be a Sky receiver as that is the only receiver that the card nominally works in.

By the way, changed the thread title, as that is what I think you meant.

Google SMATV and you will know how it is generally done.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Global did a SMATV rack with all the components, not sure there still available.

Consider how many channels you want to distribute, modulation techniques DSB or VSB, front end receiving equipment, launch levels, passive distribution network /cabling lengths and losses. All this has to be taken into account in order to build a smatv system, even a simple one.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
hpthenrik said:
Hi everybody

When there is a block of arpartments who will have the Sky One on the old analog TV sets, what products will be used?

I am not thinking on a satellite receiver per user, but 1 unit per tv program so there will be +100 to use vhf channel 5 for this.

What do you do to receive a scrambled program for a cable union??

Is it a special CAM and card or is it a " normal " Sky box with a modulator to a vhf channel 5?

Can anybody help me with that?

BR
Henrik
you may need something like this

Attachments

• DSC01211bbb.jpg
    DSC01211bbb.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 43