Using video sender with DM800

gando

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX dm800
My Location
uk
I have a Nikkai video sender which I use to send the satellite pictures to a TV in the kitchen. I find that when I try and change channels with this connected to the scart socket on the DM800 everything seems to seize up and start changing slowly & erratically. Even pointing the remote directly at the Dreambox does not give any better results.
Switching off the video sender (Not removing the scart plug) and pointing directrly at the DM800 immediately restores the crisp action of the remote.
Anyone any ideas of what is going on?

foseco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm and 1m motorised dishes, 30w to 53e. DM500 and DM800. Server running MS Server 2008. Freenas NAS. Custom built desktop PC and 2 x laptops all running Windows 7.
My Location
Staffordshire, UK
I have a similar issue with my DM800 connected to a scart selector. Using a magic eye in the kitchen, moving through channels lists and menus is slow and erratic, sometimes doesn't move then will jump 2 or 3 selections at once.

I tried moving the IR receiver directly over the IR of the DM800 but it didn't seem to make any difference. It was also skittish when aimed at the DM800 directly. I updated GP in my box last night to 4.6 and it seems smoother when using the DM800 directly but haven't tested it in the kitchen yet.