Vantage x221 TS CI, and Sky card

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Hi all,

My Sky card works fine in the Sky digibox and also a Darkbox but when I put it in the Vantage x221 TS CI it does not decode. When I go to the menu it reports that there is a Videoguard card in the slot so why is it not decoding?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Does no one know what's up with this. I've read on here people use their Sky cards in this box without problems.

Also what patches do I need (where do I get them) to view closed channels on 19E, 13E and 30W.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Huevos said:
Does no one know what's up with this. I've read on here people use their Sky cards in this box without problems.

I think the lack of answers is indicative of how few people actually have this stb and if you think you have read this information then please post a link to it as I cannot find any evidence of it.

Huevos said:
Also what patches do I need (where do I get them) to view closed channels on 19E, 13E and 30W.

What closed channels on these satellites are you trying to open?, I think you are out of date a little bit

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Topper said:
I think the lack of answers is indicative of how few people actually have this stb and if you think you have read this information then please post a link to it as I cannot find any evidence of it.
I can't find anything on this forum now, but there was something on another one.

_http://www.tech*****.co.uk/forums/20439-is-the-vantage-x221s-ci-just-as-good-as-the-x221ts.html#post86429

Topper said:
What closed channels on these satellites are you trying to open?, I think you are out of date a little bit
I definitely read this on a thread here. I'm going to send a PM to Mickha as I have a feeling it was on a thread he was replying to.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
North West Yorkshire - near Lancashire & Cumbria borders.
Huevos said:

hi
i,v just tried this with my patched vantage -- its clearing sky 3 - with my sky free to view card -- so i guess it will be ok with a full sub card

Originally Posted by Huevos

not much on those sats to clear at the moment ---

digi tv - package at 1 west can be viewed though --
lots of choice channels there ---

regards nelson_ b

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
nelson_b said:
i,v just tried this with my patched vantage -- its clearing sky 3 - with my sky free to view card -- so i guess it will be ok with a full sub card
Hi mate. I'm trying to upload the latest software but it keeps crashing. Is this a common problem? It goes so far then loses communication with the PC. Anywhere from P00 to P70 out of 100 so far. It's driving me crazy.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving a 2.4 m Channel Master dual focus offset + Invcom Quad C120 K/U l.n.b. + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 - Octagon SX88+Optima - GT Media V7 - HD receivers. + other dishes currently in use - Antique 3.0 m Prodelin P.F. - Channel Master 1.8 m offset - Channel Master. 1.2 m.
My Location
Huevos said:
Hi mate. I'm trying to upload the latest software but it keeps crashing. Is this a common problem? It goes so far then loses communication with the PC. Anywhere from P00 to P70 out of 100 so far. It's driving me crazy.

hi my reciever is -- Vantage x221S CI - USB -- i,v never had any problem with software or softcams

i,v always used the USB to load software --

are you certain its the correct model software ?

regards nelson_b

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
nelson_b said:
hi my reciever is -- Vantage x221S CI - USB -- i,v never had any problem with software or softcams

i,v always used the USB to load software --

are you certain its the correct model software ?

regards nelson_b
Well this one hasn't got USB so I have to do it over the COM port. It's like going back 100 years. I think the software is correct, but I'll never get to find out because the link keeps dropping out.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Huevos said:
Well this one hasn't got USB so I have to do it over the COM port. It's like going back 100 years. I think the software is correct, but I'll never get to find out because the link keeps dropping out.

maybe file is corrupt --
try downloading again - perhaps -
or getting from another source ?
i cant post softwares here -- not allowed -- O-no
links to other forums - not sure - dont want to break any rules here ??

regards nelson_b

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
nelson_b said:
maybe file is corrupt --
try downloading again
It was the COM port. In the end I used a different PC + a USB to COM adaptor. Now there is a new problem. It decodes the Sky channels now but about every 8 seconds the picture goes all pixelly and the sound jolts. This only happens on encrypted channels, as if the decoder can't keep up. What could the problem be?

Edit: By the way what is the latest patch? I used Vantage_00610080AOA.hdp

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Huevos said:
It was the COM port. In the end I used a different PC + a USB to COM adaptor. Now there is a new problem. It decodes the Sky channels now but about every 8 seconds the picture goes all pixelly and the sound jolts. This only happens on encrypted channels, as if the decoder can't keep up. What could the problem be?

Edit: By the way what is the latest patch? I used Vantage_00610080AOA.hdp

it may be the latest --

do a google search on --

kobenan Vantage_00610078AOA.rar

it should be at the top of the list of webpages ---
the patch has n.d.s. card fix -- thats the one i used

regards nelson_b

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
nelson_b said:
it may be the latest --

do a google search on --

kobenan Vantage_00610078AOA.rar

it should be at the top of the list of webpages ---
the patch has n.d.s. card fix -- thats the one i used

regards nelson_b
That was the one with the judder. I loaded the other one in my post above and now the judder is gone.

Ok, now the painful bit is over with what satellites/channels can I get with these patches?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
nelson_b said:
digi tv - package at 1 west can be viewed though --
lots of choice channels there ---
I'm not in the footprint. T2 is the only beam I can see.

nelson_b

Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Huevos said:
I'm not in the footprint. T2 is the only beam I can see.

thats a pity --

i,m not sure what else the vantage patch will open as i mainly use my vantage for blind search scanning - / feeds etc

for tv viewing i use a patched technomate 1500 ci with diablo cam --

i,m lucky enough to be able to get all beams from 1 west --
thats more than enough for me at the moment -
with digi tv and canal digital

glad you got it to take the sky card ok

regards nelson_b

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK
Have just dug out my Vantage X221 TSCI after concentrating on my Triple Dragon for the past few years.
Patched it with the latest 14 May 09 software and away I went!

Had forgotten what a powerful , user friendly little receiver this was!!

This will do nicely until I upgrade to my HD Linux receiver! :)

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
I've got to say I love this receiver now I've had it for a while. It's very wife-friendly all the channels being in one box.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
yes does the new software still open sly channels as i took the patch off as one version made my vantage not work right.

i like it for the blind scanning

anything new on the vantage firmware ?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
wod said:
yes does the new software still open sly channels as i took the patch off as one version made my vantage not work right.

i like it for the blind scanning

anything new on the vantage firmware ?
I'm using Vantage_00610080AOA.rar available here: _http://vantage.gmc.to/showthread.php?t=137 There's a newer version too but mine one is working fine so I'm going to let it be. It works with the blue Sky card and there is a softcam that opens 1ºW and a few other things.

Yeah, it's good for blind scanning but I wish it would remember where the dish is before a blind scan. At the moment if, for example, the dish were pointing to 12.5ºW and I start a blind scan on that position up comes the notice that says moving the dish which stays on the screen at least 1 minute. Sometimes this is longer than the scan itself if I'm just scanning small parts of the spectrum on each satellite. My Manhattan on the other hand does remember where it is but the scanning is slower and the steps are bigger.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
Huevos said:
Yeah, it's good for blind scanning but I wish it would remember where the dish is before a blind scan. At the moment if, for example, the dish were pointing to 12.5ºW and I start a blind scan on that position up comes the notice that says moving the dish which stays on the screen at least 1 minute. Sometimes this is longer than the scan itself if I'm just scanning small parts of the spectrum on each satellite. My Manhattan on the other hand does remember where it is but the scanning is slower and the steps are bigger.

yes that is annoying but i don't have it any more with using a positioner so it just starts scanning.

another thing does it still allow non conax card to work in the card readers as i want to use aljazeera sport card in it.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
wod said:
another thing does it still allow non conax card to work in the card readers as i want to use aljazeera sport card in it.
Wod, I don't know as I have only ever used a Sky card.