Viasat signal drop off after 5pm

trev1978

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.25m motorised dish, 1.85m prime focus fixed, spiderbox 7000, technomate 5400USB super
My Location
Ballymena, Northern Ireland
Hi all,

In recent weeks i have been experiencing picture breakup on my official viasat package in the evenings. I decided something must have happened my dish so yesterday i took my signal meter out to my dish to check. At around 2pm i was getting great results- about 56% quality on the horizontals and 59% on the verticals which i have always found stronger (I have found that a quality level of around 40% clears on my receiver). I watched a match yesterday fine but around 5:15pm i noticed that picture breakup was begining to happen. So i went out again around 7pm to check the dish with my meter and found that the quality readings on the horizontals had dropped to around 37% and 44% on the verticals. The cloud cover was roughly the same on both occassions. I have this 1.85m prime focus dish installed for about 6 months and this is the first time i have had any problems.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I know from reading the forums that people in Spain loose some of there sky channels at night- not sure why though.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Trev