Viasat (Sweden) blocked!!

Sarah Bailey

Reaction score
Hi, we have Viasat Sweden installed in our pub, which has been operating great for the past 12 months, until the weekend where every channel is coming up as blocked, is this a known problem with Viasat etc or is this just my system/supplier ? We have never had any previous problems as I've said, this only started on Satuday :( confused :mad::-NoooIf anyone can shed any light on this I would be grateful

Many thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Viasat may have ascertained that a tranche of cards are in use outside their intended area and switched them off, check with your supplier to see if they've had any other cards switched off. Lots of threads on Viasat in this section. Football by Satellite and the Law

yeshu26

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amiko Alien HD box

Self assembled pc:

AMD 3.2 GHZ dual core 64 bit
Gigabyte motherboard
4 GB DDR2
RAID 1 MIRROR 500 GB
Slave Drive: 500 GB IDE
Samsung optical drive
Benq HD 24 inch monitor
My Location
Aberdeen
My wife is from the Baltics, and we use Nordic beam. In Baltic states you can get Viasat for 180 pounds a year. Same package in the UK is sold for 1250.00 pounds.
Not a surprise, that they might block any cards which is used outside the designated area.

(However, I am quite surprised, how they can trace back the user in a different country, as Viasat Pace boxes do not use any telephone/ link for activation/authorisation.)

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
yeshu26 said:
(However, I am quite surprised, how they can trace back the user in a different country, as Viasat Pace boxes do not use any telephone/ link for activation/authorisation.)

Interesting point - but maybe it's the route by which "out of area" cards are obtained that is the weak link?

ie Have the Suppliers been jobbed?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
yeshu26 said:

Easy enough to track which cards have gone to which reseller and turn off lots of cards in any suspect number series.

One installer here on the forum claimed he had installed "hundreds" of Viasat systems in pubs in the last few months" - thats sort of blip in numbers is difficult to hide.