DN 7020
Gemini 4
Channel Master 1.2
VBOX II
Jaeger 1224 Motor
My Location
IRELAND
All,

I have a 7020 dreambox that I record BBC and ITV progs on. I then reformat the video to put it on my MSI MEGA View 588 Portable Player.

_http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=MEGA_View_588&class=mega

The thing is it takes ages to convert the files and frankly not worth the effort.

I know I'm stuck with the formats of the MEGA View 588, they are
MPEG4 SP, DivX 3. 11/4/5, WMV V9 SP@ML, M-JPEG and can the dreambox utilise any of these to allow me to just copy the material to the device without re-formating.

dfdream

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
The Dreambox records in a .ts format. It is similar to .mpg, have you tried changing the .ts to .mpg and seeing if the files will play on your Mega player?

If not, you are stuck with converting the .ts files to a format that your player can play.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Cifs records in .ts. I think TuxvisionR and Ngrab record mpeg. I have not used these for a while though.

Jumile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7025+ with LT5, Penta 85 dish, Sky+
My Location
Berkshire
Just stumbled across this old thread...

As you know, the Dreambox records transport stream (.ts) files. I use the excellent HDTVtoMPEG2 to both trim the file and convert it to an MPG file. The editing takes a couple of minutes (usually lopping off the start and end, plus any ads in the middle) and the conversion process takes 2-4 minutes for a 60-90 minute show.

It's the fastest solution I've ever seen. And it's freeware. What's not to like? :)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Jumile said:
Just stumbled across this old thread...

As you know, the Dreambox records transport stream (.ts) files. I use the excellent HDTVtoMPEG2 to both trim the file and convert it to an MPG file. The editing takes a couple of minutes (usually lopping off the start and end, plus any ads in the middle) and the conversion process takes 2-4 minutes for a 60-90 minute show.

It's the fastest solution I've ever seen. And it's freeware. What's not to like? :)

I think that he needs to convert *.ts to DivX or Mpeg-4
Can this application convert to these formats or only to MPEG-2 ?