Virus,under Xp that diconnect the internet connection,after 5 minutes?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
since 4 days,i have a strange virus on my pc,that always,insert,in ie 8.0 a strange,spyware protection insert,during browsing,when i use other browser,then this insert,of an american company,with red back ground does not come,but after 5 minutes the internet connection disapear,and i have to reboot the system,after reboot,works again 5 minutes,then internet disapear,without any massage,any ideas,how to remove this?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42" TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Have you tried scanning with your AV software?

Get the latest updates then boot into safe mode (press F8 during boot) and do a complete scan.

Removing some viruses is much easier in safe mode.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
yes i just installed the antvir,but there are many exe files on my pc,then the alerts come,but this is not a virus,now i search in the settings a option,that i not always,must confirm,each file,what i want to do with it,but in antivir classic i dont find,a option,to save,the entry for all found files,that i not always have to confirm,each file separatly,i know that this option exists,but i dont find at the moment,maybe i try to use another scanner,what virius scanner,currencly for free?

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
To be honest, I have no idea what you are talking about.:-ohmy

Try AVG Free....
_http://download.cnet.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10320142.html?tag=mncol

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I use Avast, but AVG is a good free one as well. I would also suggest you try a free anti spyware program, like Search & Destroy, or spybot.
If all these fail try doing a system restore, in safe mode, to a time before the problem occurred, some of these new viruses aren't malicious and can be removed just by restoring your operating system.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
okay i try search &destroy!
compufunk i mean this programm!

_www.free-av.de/

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Sorry the program is spybot-search & destroy, but there is also ad aware.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
You could try _http://housecall.trendmicro.com for a free online virus check. Hopefully you can stay connected long enough for it to work.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Mickha is right Spybot and Ad Aware are two good free programs. What one doesn't catch the other usually does.

Spybot has a nice feature which allows you to disable certain services on startup services/pest programs. Try disabling everything except your AV software. Something that's loading at boot time could be causing your problem.

Also, be carefull what AV/Anti Spyware/Anti Malware programs you install. There are a lot of dodgy ones out there that are in themselves Malware/Spyware.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The one thing you should always think of paying for is a good antivirus/firewall, it is a false economy to save money on this.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hi Rolf!
there,my Dsl Router,from the isp,has already the firewall acticated,when i test on some security websites,every think is is in the green level,i think its like a trojaner,or what ever,i want to find out the name,of the virius,and how it operate in the system!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Another good free one for a quick fix situation is
a-squared Free, again works best in safe mode, whereas some AV's will not work at all in safe mode will they Norton.......

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Topper said:
..... Norton.......

[shudders]

Turok, if you only notice activity when you are online, it might be worth checking your PC ports using something like GRCs analysis programme.

Google for 'Shields up' and the scanner will be one of the first few in the list.

amazing1000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
thompson 8210
quad core 6600
My Location
england
The one thing you should always think of paying for is a good antivirus/firewall, it is a false economy to save money on this.

I must totally agree with this, I tried most and now run Kaspersky which I bought and only costs me £24 for 2 years and have been using this now for 3 years with pure peace of mind.
I also have Spybot installed which I run every week or so.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
I've been using free AV software trouble free for years. I hate hearing when friends/family have been coned into buying crap like norton or mcafee.

Most problems are down to users being too trigger happy with their mouse and just clicking everything without considering what they are doing.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
compufunk said:
I've been using free AV software trouble free for years. I hate hearing when friends/family have been coned into buying crap like norton or mcafee.

Most problems are down to users being too trigger happy with their mouse and just clicking everything without considering what they are doing.

I'm with you here.

Nothing wrong with many of the free offerings (but not all, of course: Some are just scams to get you to "upgrade").

One does see reports of very knowledgeable PC bods claiming to run with judicious surfing as their only protection.

Windows Firewall and AVG Free (which has integral Anti-Spyware) for me, having tried many. many others.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
amazing1000 said:
I must totally agree with this, I tried most and now run Kaspersky which I bought and only costs me £24 for 2 years and have been using this now for 3 years with pure peace of mind.
I also have Spybot installed which I run every week or so.

Apart from slowing down the machine considerably, not as much as Symantec of course, I found a really problem with Kaspersky on an XP laptop.

When cleaning up excess files and defragging the drive, the 'bases' file of Kaspersky always comes up as 'corrupted' and the defrag stops prematurely, even when the AV is turned off.
I have removed/reinstalled the product to no effect and have since stopped using it.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I'm running Immunet protect along with Clamwin Antivirus on one of my PCs and i'm very impressed with it.

It has removed several nasty viruses from download sites and also found a few on the pc which Norton, McAfee and AVG missed :eek:

Immunet is free from _http://www.immunet.com/ :D

Clamwin is also free from _http://www.clamwin.com/

:-beer

Nano

Attachments

• immunet.JPG
    immunet.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 25

Crisbe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Currently, Nokia 1800S with satscan, analogue receiver, Nokia 9800S, D box with DVB2000, 90cm solid offset dish, Panasonic tv with inbuilt freesat. Sky + HD (for the wife, mostly!)
My Location
South Coast, Hampshire
Hi Turok,
I use Max Secure Spyware Detector on my PC. It is the software that came top of the ratings for removing more than 98% of all known spyware/malware.

I had a problem similar to the one you describe and the max secure got rid of it and about thirty other infections that I didn't even know were there. It cost about $18 to download but has been worth every penny.

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
My Location
NW, Ireland
Something to add here is, beware of false positives.

I've come across some well touted AV and Anti malware programs (none that were mentioned in this thread) that report x file as being a virus that exists on your system. When you actually go and look for file x, it doesn't exist. They also tend to suggest that some files are more of a problem than they actually are.

Its just a ruse to have you believe that this great piece of software detected something that another didn't.

This thread is going OT a little. Apologies Turok;)