VLCF VideoLan frontend and Windows Vista problems

MoD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM600, Gemini 4.20
My Location
Bulgaria
Hi, and Merry Xmas to all.
i havent come here since 2 years - I see everything is become better on this site. Keep up the good work...

Im trying to watch streams from my PC with VLCF 1.7.0 (RC21) on Dreambox DM600 with latest Gemini firmware 4.20, and latest VLC player (0.8.6d) from PC side running Windows Vista Ultimate.
Everything seems to be OK, but after 2 to 10 minutes, the stream drops, and VLCF is going back to file list menu.
After trying various configuration on Dreambox and the PC (previous versions on VLC player, previous version on VLCF (1.3.0), reduced audio/video bitrate, dufferent ports for streaming and http control), I figured out that the problem is in the OS on the PC.
When trying to stream from my notebook witch have Win XP SP2 installed - everything is stable, and there is no dropping. When trying to stream from my Vista PC - above problems.
Is there a cure fot that? May be Vista handles network connections differently?

ian1095

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 7020
My Location
england
this is a known issue with vista and streaming.
install vista SP1 and all your problems including this one will magically disappear.ian.

waro

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DREAMBOX 500S
My Location
canada
ian1095 said:
this is a known issue with vista and streaming.
install vista SP1 and all your problems including this one will magically disappear.ian.

vlcf ver 1.8 ,image dss remasterd and dreambox500s but my recordings can not play back using webx or vlcf together with vlc 8.6c.

my hardrive hdd is mounted succesfully .
I can see my recording folder using dreambox but not the actual recodered files.

i wonder if my problem for playback files is the image itself (dssremasterd). I use that image because i want to be able to watch satellites 110 & 119 from north america.

i have tried to play back my recordings for as long as five years and i still trying it!!.

I want to do it using linux and windows no furtehr investment in more extra hardware

any feedback from all of you ??.
:-rofl2:-rofl2:-rofl2:-rofl2

thanks.