Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
hi guys
need some help with my new vu ult. i have installed open pli image, but can't seem to set up the box to move the dish,
i had a dreambox 7020 which moved the dish to all other sats, can someone please tell me how to do this with vu please.

thanks

A nonymous

Reaction score
The Vu+ Uses USALS :D haven't seen an image yet that gives you the choice to use DISEqC 1.2 Commands.

It doesn't work the same way as the old 7020si which uses DISEqC 1.2 Commands as USALS doesn't work with Enigma 1 images correctly.

You have to go into setup and then service searching.

In there you should find tuner setup.

Set the the config mode to simple and the mode as positioner.

You then have to put the co-ordinates of your dish in and then it should find the sats itself. Likely hood is that you will have to mess with them a little if the motor wasn't setup with USALS in mind.

I have added a screenshot from my Gigablue which is almost the same setup as the Vu+ as the OpenMips image takes quite a bit from OpenPli anyway.

Nano

parm21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
should i load a different image maybe everyone talking about bh
nano said:
The Vu+ Uses USALS :D haven't seen an image yet that gives you the choice to use DISEqC 1.2 Commands.

It doesn't work the same way as the old 7020si which uses DISEqC 1.2 Commands as USALS doesn't work with Enigma 1 images correctly.

You have to go into setup and then service searching.

In there you should find tuner setup.

Set the the config mode to simple and the mode as positioner.

You then have to put the co-ordinates of your dish in and then it should find the sats itself. Likely hood is that you will have to mess with them a little if the motor wasn't setup with USALS in mind.

I have added a screenshot from my Gigablue which is almost the same setup as the Vu+ as the OpenMips image takes quite a bit from OpenPli anyway.

Nano

A nonymous

Reaction score
Won't make any difference, all the images for the Vu+ use exactly the same setup for the motor.

I haven't seen an E2 image yet that uses DISEqC commands.

Nano

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
nano said:
Every E2 image allows you to do that.
parm21 said:
should i load a different image maybe everyone talking about bh
Try them all and make your own mind up. BH is based on the Vu original image. Blackpole is written by the BH team and is based on OpenPLi. Or there's my personal choice, OpenVIX, the latest version of which is absolutely rock solid and stable.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I would like to see that Heuvos. Please show me a Vu+ Image that uses DISEqC 1.2 commands in the same way as an E1 image. Feel free to post the screen shots and explain it to everybody.

Every E2 image allows you to do that.

Only for the use of a DISEqC switch, not a motor. setting up a DISEqC switch is easy. Its not so easy to do it with a motor in the same way as it is with an E1 image.

The only thing i have ever found on an E2 image is the menu which allows for fine adjustment and storage of positions pre defined by USALS, which by past experience doesn't work anyway as no matter how much you store the new position, you always end up manually adjusting it again to get the best signal.

Still i'm sure you know better as always and i'm looking forward to you proving me wrong.

It would also be useful if you explained your answer. Just saying, yes it can be done or no it cant doesn't really mean anything if you cannot explain yourself, thus making your answer pointless :D

Nano

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
nano said:
Please show me a Vu+ Image that uses DISEqC 1.2 commands in the same way as an E1 image.
I wasn't making a comparison with E1, I was just stating that E2 allows you to do it.

Positioner setup for moving the dish and storing positions on a DiSEqC motor or V-box:
View attachment 43590 View attachment 43591 View attachment 43592 View attachment 43593

Satfinder, for doing the same using a V-box and it's own remote:
View attachment 43594

Tuner config, for accessing positions once you have stored them:
View attachment 43595 View attachment 43596

OpenPLi positioner setup is a bit different but allows you to do the same thing.

A nonymous

Reaction score
I bow down to your superior knowledge :D

It does appear to be a hell of a lot of faffing about, no where near as simple as it is with an E1 image. So you have proved me wrong, so you can give yourself 10 merit points :-righton

As i've always said before if your going to disagree with somebody, explain your answer as saying yes it works or no it doesn't is meaningless without an explanation.

That concludes this mornings lesson :-lmao

parm21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
sorry guys do i need to add all details longitude and latitude
sorry can someone please give a quick run on how to find the sats.
i go to positioner and try to find a sat but no luck

A nonymous

Reaction score
You need to input the co-ordinates so that the receiver knows where the dish is in relation to the satellite :D

Nine times out of 10 the dish is never installed with USALS in mind so you may have to mess with the co-ordinates to get it to correspond with the satellite positions. The other alternative is to put in the correct co-ordinates and send the dish to 1w and then adjust the motor until you get the best possible signal off 1w.

Once it has found 1w, if the dish & Motor are installed correctly it should then find all the other satellites automatically when you tell it to search for the channels.

Your co-ordinates would be something like

003.600 E and 051.300 N

Nano

parm21

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorized dish
dreambox 7020
sky hdd and sky plus
My Location
SL37DG
thank you for all your help
nano said:
You need to input the co-ordinates so that the receiver knows where the dish is in relation to the satellite :D

Nine times out of 10 the dish is never installed with USALS in mind so you may have to mess with the co-ordinates to get it to correspond with the satellite positions. The other alternative is to put in the correct co-ordinates and send the dish to 1w and then adjust the motor until you get the best possible signal off 1w.

Once it has found 1w, if the dish & Motor are installed correctly it should then find all the other satellites automatically when you tell it to search for the channels.

Your co-ordinates would be something like

003.600 E and 051.300 N

Nano