What do people remember from the good ol` analogue days?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Yes I remember watching the news and sport uplinks, I remember seeing Damon Hill start a Friday morning practice and only get to the first corner in his Williams and the front wheels splayed apart in different directions, 'cos the mechanics forgot to put the top trackrod bolts in, you didn't see that on any broadcast from Eurosport or anyone else for that matter. Happy Days

les74

Reaction score
Filmnet and think it was rtl through a decoder now think the pictures were awful but at the time thought they were great! still got a couple of films with the filmnet logo on. and was it called tuti fruiti on rtl, wonder why i watched that!!!!!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
les74 said:
and was it called tuti fruiti on rtl, wonder why i watched that!!!!!

I can think of several reasons!

Whatever happened to it - remember that Polsat tried it but never seen it after that.

Most of the German I know came from that programme - Heiß und kalt!!

JohnC

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pioneer PDP- LX5090 50"TV
2x Samsung 50" TV
Sony RDRHXD870 DVD/HDD Recorder
Sony RDRHDX950 DVD/HDD Recorder
Humax Foxsat HD
Technomate TM-5402HD piggy-backed to a
Technomate 5500 CI Dap receiver.
Technomate TM5400C-usb connected also to 1.2 metre mo
My Location
Multi-sat enthusiast in the Heart of England since 1993....
Analoguesat said:
JohnC - the log fire is still shown occasionally on Super RTL analogue & digital!

Philh - Space Night is still going strong on both Bayern channels. Every Sunday evening they havethe same clips on - space views from orbiting craft. Excellent
Boy-o-boy.....
More comfy nights by a warm fire...!!!
Nostalgia!!.... Nostalgia!!....
Then of course was the never ending train journey with the camera purched on the front of the train.... I think thats still shown sometimes.

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 X Technomate TM-5302HD, Blade 7000s, triax 95cm STAB HH90, 1 M TM dish TM2300 super motor.
My Location
Glasgow
well, i am trying to get back into satellite stuff, but its hard when all i know is analogue, i had a sky and d2mac setup, and had the likes of tv1000, a great channel, good movies untill 12:00 then a hardcore channel.. pity i cant get the info i need :>(

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
My very first satellite setup. A Ferguson ex-BSB DMAC modified for D2MAC and a squarial pointed at TDF1/2 at 19W.

I once saw some a most bizarre film that I've never seen anywhere else. The only bit I can remember was that there was some parasite (alien?) in a man's trousers and there was a scene of a woman giving him a blow-job. Then the next thing was that the parasite was diving into her throat and pulling bits of her gizzards out.

I think that the american actor Scott Glenn was in there somewhere. Any clues anyone?

PaulR

stuntbelly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm1500ci, dragon cam, art card 80cm duel lnd fixed dish hotbird and Astra. 28" w/s tv
My Location
Sunny West Kirby, Wirral
I remember teleclub fine german film channel that I had a decoder box for. Also remeber Tuti Fruti on Rtl I think...Wel I was 15

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
PaulR said:
I think that the american actor Scott Glenn was in there somewhere. Any clues anyone?

PaulR

LOL, NOW you're asking!!!! Was he the alien-trouser-parasite?!?!?!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
No, he was in the film not the trousers...

And it wasn't the wrong trousers!

PaulR

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
ROFLMAO!

You're not giving me anything I can search the IMDB with!!! O-Ha

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I dont think Glenn Scott has been in too many horror (or erotic films), maybe one of the Carradine brothers ?

The premise sounds like one of Cronenbergs releases - Shivers maybe ?

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 X Technomate TM-5302HD, Blade 7000s, triax 95cm STAB HH90, 1 M TM dish TM2300 super motor.
My Location
Glasgow
what i really want to know is what to buy, i fancy a skystar 2, also, what hacks, cards or whatever are available, the world of satellite has gotten pretty complicated scince the says of the old simplex cards, i just donno where to start..aaagggg !

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
rob12770 said:
what i really want to know is what to buy, i fancy a skystar 2, also, what hacks, cards or whatever are available, the world of satellite has gotten pretty complicated scince the says of the old simplex cards, i just donno where to start..aaagggg !

Look at the PC Card section of this Forum - plenty of advice on setting up the card. You won't need cams or smartcards if you install a program like ProgDVB and a plugin such as S2emu.

Llew

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
thanks Llew , i assume you agree with my thoughts of getting a skystar 2?
and yes Wilf sky was hacked, there were a couple of methods back in the day, one was to modify your box, and link it to a pc, i did work, but there was not much point as the european sats had more to choose from and it was much easier,

Im not fussy about Sky, its not much good anyway just repeats and adverts, thats why im cancelling my cable, its just not worth paying for.

i use a projector (CRT) and an HTPC (home theatre personal computer) so thats why i thought id a pci alternative to a settop box,
this seems like a very good forum, im sure ill spent a lot of time here
cheers rob

rkhsaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax, dragon, Matrix, 4 dishes
My Location
France
This thread could go on forever !
Does anyone remember a magazine called Satellite TV Europe ? I still have the first copies somewhere with a DIY series to build your own system, including the LNB from componants imported from the states ! And to what end ? there was just 1 Russian satellite at the time. - I still have my homemade lnb in a shoebox somewhere. My first dish I made myself by taking a mould from a radar dish I "borrowed" for a weekend. -Those where the days !

T

Tigerasss7

I bought a card in about 96 -

the card actually had a keypad on - Sticking out
of the D2mac I used to programme the Credit
Card length codes in from a Newsletter that
arrived a day after code changes - WOW :ch1

Didn't even have the net

Amazin really

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow
rkhsaw said:
This thread could go on forever !QUOTE]

hmm, i wonder what the longest thread on the net is.. should we go for the world record ? :D

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
rob12770 said:
rkhsaw said:
This thread could go on forever !QUOTE]

hmm, i wonder what the longest thread on the net is.. should we go for the world record ? :D

Theres a way to go yet - theres an ongoing thread on Digital Spy which already has over 12,000 posts on it :D