What size dish do i need for nilesat 7'W for football

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rd100

First off i would like to say all Showtime transponders are horizontal apart from one which is vertical, And with nilesat the more north in the uk you go the weaker the signal is

I am in South Wales and this is what i use

Nilesat all transponders vertical (e.g mbc 2&4) and horizontal (e.g SportsNet World on 11.996 H) 24/7 and in the rain on 1.8m prime focus fortec star dish with adjustable inverto feedhorn and inverto whitetech 0.3 c120 lnb and webro wf125 coax cable,

Nilesat all vertical transponders 24/7 (e.g mbc 2 & 4) and in rain but no horizontal transponders at all on 1.2m Andrews with ku-band feedhorn and invercom 0.3 c120 lnb and webro wf125 coax cable,

london-guy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking for help and trying to help others
My Location
London
thanks mate
that was very helpful
i have a showtime Subscription in Morocco its still running
the family there enjoying it
but its hard to get showtime signal in UK London and 1.8 dish seems almost impossible to install)(-red:-doh2 :-Nooo :toke: :confused :mad: 'O'

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
technomate 6900,,and invacom 0.3 quad lnb
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
im struggling with a 1.2channel master with quad invacom during the day but tea time the channels start to come in a little never had perfect 24/7 pic here in south yorkshire hope this helps someone

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is that both Vertical and Horizontal iwol?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Hope not R, or I'll have to be getting the spanners out ASAP. :D

L.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That's what I thought and it is of course critical.:)

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
can only get the verts i think

R

Rd100

London also needs a 1.8m dish but a 2.4m is recommended to allow for rain fade by a dealer i know in the london area,

But if any one else in london is getting any good results let us know

Also for nilesat the more north you go in the uk the weaker the footprint

london-guy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
looking for help and trying to help others
My Location
London
Rd100 said:
London also needs a 1.8m dish but a 2.4m is recommended to allow for rain fade by a dealer i know in the london area,

But if any one else in london is getting any good results let us know

Also for nilesat the more north you go in the uk the weaker the footprint

RD100 How could you put 2.4 if its impossible to put 1.8 here in London
i hope it was as easy as Morocco i would put 5 m not just 2.4

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
would a 1,8 do in yorkshire instead of my 1.2 channel master and whats the 1.8 dish like that maplin do cheers

R

Rd100

If you can pull in mbc transponder 11938 V on nilesat 24/7 like me on my 1.2m dish then you will have no problems with the fortec star 1.8m

iwol said:
would a 1,8 do in yorkshire instead of my 1.2 channel master and whats the 1.8 dish like that maplin do cheers

R

Rd100

I have a dealer friend in london he tells me you can get it with a 1.8m but to allow for rain fade a bit bigger would be safe,

Myself i do not live in london so i am only telling you what i have been told by him

london-guy said:
RD100 How could you put 2.4 if its impossible to put 1.8 here in London
i hope it was as easy as Morocco i would put 5 m not just 2.4

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
can only get mbc in the evening about 7 or 8 oclock

R

Rd100

I think you would get it with the fortec star 1.8m but you would need the adjustable prime focus feedhorn and c120 lnb,
iwol said:
can only get mbc in the evening about 7 or 8 oclock

boby89

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8 meter dish with c120 lnb toward nilesat
My Location
london
i got 1.8 m fortecstar dish and inverto c120 lnb wih matching feedhorn i tried alot to get horizontal transponder but i cant.i can only get all v transponder with 69 or 70 percent signal i dont know what is he problem.anyone can help me with this how i get all the h transponder with same setup.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
boby89 said:
l i dont know what is he problem..

The problem is not necessarily your equipment although it may not be set up properly however the real problem is London is not in the Middle East or North Africa which is where the beam is primarily aimed at so two choices, get an even bigger dish (not much hope) or move see here

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
boby89 said:
i got 1.8 m fortecstar dish and inverto c120 lnb wih matching feedhorn i tried alot to get horizontal transponder but i cant.i can only get all v transponder with 69 or 70 percent signal i dont know what is he problem.anyone can help me with this how i get all the h transponder with same setup.

make sure the dish is setup correctly as rd100 has one and can get them in south wales which is pretty much further away from london

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
wod said:
rd100 has one and can get them in south wales which is pretty much further away from london
That is irrelevant wod when you are outside the footprint you sometimes get 'hotspots' and either receive it or not, the truth is the footprint is aimed at the middle east and north Africa. It is exactly the same for people in Spain trying to receive sky some can quite easily other have to work harder to get it and some just cannot.

R

Rd100

Check this thead out about the 1.8m fortec star on nilesat that i am useing

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...star-1-8m-dish-aint-bad-after-all-c-band.html

The key to makeing the dish work well is putting it together and useing a adjustable ku-band prime focus feedhorn,

If you are not use to putting these type of dish together you will struggle

I put mine together with some help from my misses as it is helpfull to have another set of hands to pass you tools etc,

R

Rd100

It is the same type of thing but the other way around as you say. i know with nilesat aswell from friend in cornwall who has the same 1.2 andrew channel master as me that where he is he gets a bit higher signal than me i know this as i was at this house last week,

It is all trial and error at the end of the day,

Topper said:
That is irrelevant wod when you are outside the footprint you sometimes get 'hotspots' and either receive it or not, the truth is the footprint is aimed at the middle east and north Africa. It is exactly the same for people in Spain trying to receive sky some can quite easily other have to work harder to get it and some just cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.