Where does DVB-Viewer hide the channel list?

DVB-slut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Dynamic Decoder
90cm Dish
USALS Motor
SkyStar2 PCI
PROG DVB
DVB VIEWER
My Location
California
I'm currently using DVB-ViewerTE2. It's the free vision that you can download with your Technisat SkyStar2 Drivers. It is a really great piece of code. It’s stable unlike the cracked versions of DVB-viewerPRO that I have tried. It uses my GPU instead of my CPU for rendering HD, Unlike ProgDVB. The only problem is that it’s channel scan function doesn’t work so well and when I scan some satellites here in the US it doesn’t find the audio PID. After I install the program and scan for channels DVB_Viewer stashes the channel list away in some deep dark corner of my PC. I have an updated channel list but it when I install the file in the root directory I get no changes. Even when I completely uninstall and reinstall the DVBviewer I still have the same dam list of channels. Where do they hide the channel list?

Thanks

James

P.S. back in the game now in the USA expect more posts.

INFO:

Version Number: 1.0.4.66
CPU Pentium 4 (1) 2792.96 MHZ
Memory: 2046.73 MB [1443.85 MB free]
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
User has Administrator Rights.
DirectX 9.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Display Devices
- ASUS AH3650 Series
- ASUS AH3650 Series
- NetMeeting driver
- RDPDD Chained DD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Network Devices:
- TechniSat DVB-PC TV Star PCI
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection
- 1394 Net Adapter
DVB Hardware Devices
- SkyStar 2 TV PCI
MPEG Layer II:
Elecard Audio Decoder
ffdshow Audio Decoder
MainConcept Layer II Audio Decoder
InterVideo Audio Decoder
MPEG Layer III:
Elecard Audio Decoder
ffdshow Audio Decoder
MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
Vorbis:
ffdshow Audio Decoder
CoreVorbis Audio Decoder
Dolby AC3:
Elecard Audio Decoder
ffdshow Audio Decoder
MainConcept Layer II Audio Decoder
InterVideo Audio Decoder
XviD:
ffdshow Video Decoder
DivX H.264 Decoder
DivX 3:
ffdshow Video Decoder
DivX H.264 Decoder
DivX 4:
DivX H.264 Decoder
DivX 5:
ffdshow Video Decoder
DivX H.264 Decoder
InterVideo MPEG4 Video Decoder
MPEG 1 Video:
ffdshow Video Decoder
MPEG Video Decoder
Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder
InterVideo Video Decoder
MPEG 2 Video:
ffdshow Video Decoder
Elecard MPEG-2 Video Decoder
InterVideo Video Decoder
AAC Audio:
Elecard Audio Decoder
ffdshow Audio Decoder
DivX AAC Decoder
RealAudio Decoder
InterVideo Audio Decoder
H264:
ffdshow Video Decoder
DivX H.264 Decoder

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Never did like the TE2 version. Couldn't even scan for channels, the channel list was greyed out. Bin it and buy the genuine Pro version, not expensive. When you've done that, add TSEdit from the DVBViewer site for extra value - a much better way of scanning channels than the DVBViewer's scanner.

Llew

DVB-slut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Dynamic Decoder
90cm Dish
USALS Motor
SkyStar2 PCI
PROG DVB
DVB VIEWER
My Location
California
I have been thinking about buying Pro. I have a cracked version and it crashes contently. What are the best codecs and decoders for Pro? I only use Viewer for HD. Are there free decoders that can keep up with HD streams?