will the summer that we have 10 year ago,never comes back in europe?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
about the current weather situation i dont know what i should say,since 3 month,mostly cold,and raining,some suny days,when i have luck 3 in a week,the rest is fogy and raining,then temperature go up 27 ,then back to 10 and up again,this makes peaple very tiered!

the wheather forcast for tomorow here,temperature go down from 7 to 2 degrees,and snowting in the middle of the summer:)

most reason i think,that the weaterh change so much is the cut of the rainforest im brazil,where each minute the cut the trees a size like a football field,if i remember the old summers,in the 90`s with very stable and hot summer with out rain,iam very sad that this time never comes back,and the future looks more and more dark,also the lighting intensy,in the mauntains,in the evening time,is much more stronger,and i think about,to install a new protection system,that can protect all power cords in the house,dont know currencly how much the electronic installers wants for..!
we will see!

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Of course not. Summers, like winters are what we make of them. and like a salary they won´t come back

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Weather changing not only at your side, even here, it's changed dramatically for last 5-6 years. There's large mountain in front of my house. In previous years, all grass for this period of year was already yellow and dead. But now, it's still fresh green! weather gets definetly colder and dump.

Here we had large group of Italian scientists in ecology field (I was serving as city guide), so I asked them, what's goin on. They said, it's related to global warming, and in nearest 10 years, weather will get more wet and cold, but then - very very hot weather will come, like one you never seen in this area...

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What happened 10 years ago round here.

Summer 2000
Fairly dry, warm, but changeable at times.

On the 13th June, a deep low near the Faeroes produced record breaking gales (for June) in the north of Scotland, with wind gusts of 80mph at Lerwick.

Nothing changes.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i dont know,what i should belive about the global warming effect,is it only i theory in the head of some sintists,or its realy true!?
i half year ago,i read a report on a german websites,that hackers hacked into a computer,of global wheater infromation,that have all the statistic inside,of weather,and there temperatures recorded the last 100 years!
what the found is surprising,exactly the oposite,what the told us,in the media,most region in the world,getting colder and colder,because,the dust ,of millions of cars will be infront of the sun,this always more and more in big citys like soul for example!
the result is that the trees will die,and the water level of the oceans go up,future for some us coasts citys looks real dark,when i watch on discovery the series rising planet!
that would the bibble says is true,the humans,will destroy there own earth:(
step by step...!

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Early trees (well coniferous type giant ferns) started with acidic ground and depleted oxygen in the air, so I doubt very much they will die off entirely. Same with the early single cell animals, the predatory plankton and then the first recognisable sea creatures that did not require land for any purpose.

Mammals (and man) on the other hand were the last of the animal groups on the planet.

Last in, first out, as they say.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I bet some of the weather has been affected by the ash spewed out by the Iceland volcano. Whenever there is a major eruption it affects the weather for the next two years. I am not sure how much ash and particles were put up in the atmosphere, but it did look like it was quite a bit.

daro2096

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup at present
My Location
Consett, Durham
I remember two years ago we had no summer at all. It did nothing but rain the whole month of August. Course we live on an island and we are subject to the winds coming from all directions(please no jokes).

I blame the sun, remember the sun affects the weather.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
Iam not sure,what i should belive about the island vulcano story!
i also heard that the summer because of this can disapear for 10 years,we will see!
for sure,a very good profit for the oil industry!
then the talk about a 2.much bigger vulcano that can break out also,then it will be raining ooze instead of normal rain!
i read on the net,maybe only the half of them are true,so more we read.so much more,we dont know what we should belive!

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Just next door, Katla is getting active.

_http://scienceray.com/earth-sciences/major-activity-iceland-katla-volcano-over-11-earthquakes-in-24-hours/

Last time this one went up was some 92 years ago

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
daro2096 said:
I remember two years ago we had no summer at all. It did nothing but rain the whole month of August. Course we live on an island and we are subject to the winds coming from all directions(please no jokes).

I blame the sun, remember the sun affects the weather.

Well I popped in to wish everyone a cheerful 'Good morning' but it seems that there is no getting away from complaining about the weather. It is terrible, yes and we deserve better.
On the other hand I can't help wondering which of us will be first to complain because it is too hot?
smiley4430.gif

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
allan238 said:
On the other hand I can't help wondering which of us will be first to complain because it is too hot?
smiley4430.gif

Two jobs out of the three today resulted in me having to pull cables through the loft space. No fun at all.

I certainly will be whingeing if it happens on Wednesday though.

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
My Location
Austria
yes in asia this year was defenatly to hot nearly 40 degrees,so there is no middle way in the extreme weather!
there is only one good think,when its cold ,and clear sky,the recpetion of c and kuband is much better:)

long time ago,in an old dr dish show,was a report,that would be very intresting to test with large dishes on the france atlantic costs,under this tempearture,what would realy work with a 10 meter dish there,in winter and in summer time,i think,its not impsoible to catch some american cband here,from the american beam,with real large dishes,then the dr told,the test would be intrestig,but here in europe we do not have to much enthusiasts,that will join the projekts!

when it will beginn snowing,somewhere i have the paraprotect,from a old norwegian company,to "protect" the dish but i dont find it at the moment!

today 2 degrees,i freezing like in antartica,tomorow a little bit warmer,now i begining to not belive,what the weather forcast told me,its more and more dificult to make a forcast that will refelct the reality !