all genuine viasat satellite hd boxes did not show 3pm today

dannyrev

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
windows xp sky tv
My Location
norwich
checked my tv guide on lithuanian viasat says man city norwich on at 3pm sat 10 dec what with pl extra channels padlocked not looking good.gutted had installed in home for norwich games hoping for some sort of solution but have serious doubts will get any more games not on sky or espn.

Mrtayto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1 Triax Dish with multiholder, 28,19,16,13, on switch with Technomate 5402 HD super. Dm800HD.
My Location
Ireland
Robbo said:
i.e, not in EU so any EU rulings do not apply, and a pub can thus be prosecuted for using a Tring card. DO NOT USE!!

Would have thought a Sky Calcio card would be a better option, as long as its not run in a Sky Italia Box, to avoid card numbers being shown.

Well said Robbo,
In fact dont walk away from tring "Run"

Mrtayto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1 Triax Dish with multiholder, 28,19,16,13, on switch with Technomate 5402 HD super. Dm800HD.
My Location
Ireland
satelliteBG is stable option for 2 live 3pm on saturday and the rest, commentary is not english but at least you get watch the games with deasent enough picture quality from 23.5 east

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish hh motor teco tm1000 dreambox 7020
cas 3interface
dragon cam.promax tv explorer 2.
My Location
norwich
yes there will be ways to sceen live 3pms but you will stick out like a sore thumb. with the likes of twitter and facebook your pub will be all over the net for all too see. so would advise to keep it legal.
i have had two calls today from suppliers. one said its all over and no more three pms the next call it will all be back in two days. so the truth at the moment is no one knows.

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
i really cnt understand why the baltics wer off but not the scandanavians tbh?

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cas 3interface
My Location
norwich
paxrax said:
i really cnt understand why the baltics wer off but not the scandanavians tbh?

They all went down including Sweden which is Scandinavia

leez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 9100 tm 1500 ci dm box 600 1 m dish polar mount 12 inc acuator v box 2 cas 3 dragon diablo gamma
My Location
england
is it true that sweden cards have been zapped aswell m8 ..where did you here this ..thanks

paxrax

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
☆☆☆vu+ duo☆☆☆
dm800s (rev m)☆☆☆
dm800s (rev l3)☆☆☆
1m motorised dish☆☆☆
zone 1 sky dish☆☆☆
My Location
uk
moosegoose said:
They all went down including Sweden which is Scandinavia

leez said:
is it true that sweden cards have been zapped aswell m8 ..where did you here this ..thanks

my mate went to a pub i know in the city centre and watched the 3pm arsenal game. im 99% sure they only have viasat sweden and its certainly as kosher as possible

leez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
tm 9100 tm 1500 ci dm box 600 1 m dish polar mount 12 inc acuator v box 2 cas 3 dragon diablo gamma
My Location
england
umm my mate put in one of these systems . not sure if its a latvia one or sweden card.. he got off marconi ..been on the site and im still not clear which is which ..dont think he had any probs like ..i will know this weekend like ..

i get on sh.... ..so i cant afford orig card lol..

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
leez said:

This has nothing to do with 'zapping' cards.

leez

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
england
umm. so what has happened please..the cards dont work or blocked.. good as .

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
leez said:
umm. so what has happened please..the cards dont work or blocked.. good as .

The receiver is not connected back to the broadcaster by a telephone line.
If it doesn't get the latest card pairing protocol, then it will not operate by end user command of the remote control to receive the ppv channel.
The method isn't limited to Viasat, any modern embedded receiver with a similar engine chipset can be restricted in the same way.

rigsby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000ipVA on 1.1m dish motorised.
My Location
Sale
Channel Hopper said:
If it doesn't get the latest card pairing protocol, then it will not operate by end user command of the remote control to receive the ppv channel.
The method isn't limited to Viasat, any modern embedded receiver with a similar engine chipset can be restricted in the same way.

There is no phone connection on the back of the pace twin tuner receiver so it can't be that.

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cas 3interface
My Location
norwich
rigsby said:
There is no phone connection on the back of the pace twin tuner receiver so it can't be that.
all the viasat hd boxes i have installed have had tel connection socket and Ethernet connections on rear of box. i now contacted another supplier and all of his installs had tel sockets. so we are talking over 500 boxes all with tel sockets to rear. !

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
rigsby said:

So, which model have you got then ?

(Take your time )

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
moosegoose said:
all the viasat hd boxes i have installed have had tel connection socket and Ethernet connections on rear of box. i now contacted another supplier and all of his installs had tel sockets. so we are talking over 500 boxes all with tel sockets to rear. !

The vast majority of receivers supplied are the TDS855NV. I would be very surprised if anyone got a supply of 865s in the past few weeks. Even so, full ppv use requires an online connection.

moosegoose

bog standard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cas 3interface
My Location
norwich
Channel Hopper said:
The method isn't limited to Viasat, any modern embedded receiver with a similar engine chipset can be limited in the same way.
even if the box is designed to rec updates via the tel connection it would still be possible for the supplier to stop entitlement. why i think this is because when we used to install sly boxes on npl contracts sly were able to activate the box using the satellite signal. so i would have thought they could do the reverse. please correct me if im wrong hopper.

rigsby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000ipVA on 1.1m dish motorised.
My Location
Sale
Channel Hopper said:
So, which model have you got then ?

(Take your time )

TDS 865 , no phone connection, only ethernet.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The boxes don't receive updates via the telephone connection, only respond to callback requests, or initiate activations which will be delivered over air.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Entitlements can be sent by online, over the air, or a combination of both plus the card pairing.

If the chipset inside the box does not have the correct detail for authorisation from the broadcaster, the end user either doesn't get to use certain functions of the box, or watch particular content. The loss of recording facilty from a SkyHD box if you downgrade, or fail to connect regularly is more or less the same.