How To Setup A Linux PC Card Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul362

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your help, I can see both readers in terminal when i execute pcsc_scan they are labled reader 0 and 1 but if i check my tm600 it only see's 1 card on the server ?? am i doing something wrong ??

cheers again :paul

packetstormer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax dish, TM2300 motor. 2 x DM800HD, 1 DM500, 2 x Sly HD. 1 60cm fixed (Astra 2D).
My Location
Ireland
Can someone just clarify one thing for me, please?

In the tutorial, just after the install of NewCS. There is a mention of opening a browser and pointing it to _http://dreamboxip:8080. I am a little unsure of what's going on here. Does this setup require NewCS to be installed on the Dreambox? How can the dreambox see the card when it's in the server (see below)

<snip>
_http://dreamboxip:8080

Enter your user name and password and you're in. Have a click around the different options on the left and you should see your card.
</snip>

Also, is it possible to view the clear sky channels on the server too? So i might have a the server outputting channels in one room and serving another box in another room?

packetstormer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m Triax dish, TM2300 motor. 2 x DM800HD, 1 DM500, 2 x Sly HD. 1 60cm fixed (Astra 2D).
My Location
Ireland
Can someone just clarify one thing for me, please?

In the tutorial, just after the install of NewCS. There is a mention of opening a browser and pointing it to _http://dreamboxip:8080. I am a little unsure of what's going on here. Does this setup require NewCS to be installed on the Dreambox? How can the dreambox see the card when it's in the server (see below)

<snip>
_http://dreamboxip:8080

Enter your user name and password and you're in. Have a click around the different options on the left and you should see your card.
</snip>

Also, is it possible to view the clear sky channels on the server too? So i might have a the server outputting channels in one room and serving another box in another room?

prenz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein UFS910, DM500, several ipboxes.
My Location
de
paul362 said:
Thanks guys for your help, I can see both readers in terminal when i execute pcsc_scan they are labled reader 0 and 1 but if i check my tm600 it only see's 1 card on the server ?? am i doing something wrong ??
Do you have a second N-Line for the additional reader in your cccam-config? If not: insert one! ;) If yes: do you see the second reader in newcs's web-interface?

prenz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
de
paul362 said:
Do you have a second N-Line for the additional reader in your cccam-config? If not: insert one! ;) If yes: do you see the second reader in newcs's web-interface?

paul362

Reaction score
prenz said:

THANKS, I just noticed that too !! O-zzz

paul362

Reaction score
prenz said:

THANKS, I just noticed that too !! O-zzz

paul362

Reaction score
Just another quickie, Does anyone Know how to intall MGcamd onto the ubuntu server ?? I have heard you need this to keep the new s*y cards updated ? is this correct.

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000, TM6900CS, Ubuntu newcs Omnikey 3121, Triax 1.1m
My Location
UK East Mids
Hi Paul,

Most people install Mgcamd on one of the Linux satellite receivers on their network. This will enable Card Updating. I have Mgcamd running on my DM8000 and it works fine. That way I can download from Nabilosat and install to the correct folders without having to think about it. I run Mgcamd 1.30d.

paul362

Reaction score
carrpet said:
Hi Paul,

Most people install Mgcamd on one of the Linux satellite receivers on their network. This will enable Card Updating. I have Mgcamd running on my DM8000 and it works fine. That way I can download from Nabilosat and install to the correct folders without having to think about it. I run Mgcamd 1.30d.

Ok so how do you update the card then ? do you have to put it into the DM and if so woul i have to enable MGcamd before doing that ??

Sorry for all the questions im still learning all this server business.:-HoHo

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK East Mids
Paul,

The card updates automatically typically 1 - 2 weeks before the entitlements are due to run out. You just need to get your configuration right and enable au (auto update)

You can check current entitlements on newcs by looking at port 8080 on your card server eg 192.168.1.74:8080

paul362

Reaction score
Thank you for your imput Carrpet, what i was trying to say was does the card have to go into the dreambox if i run MGcamd ? OR can i leave it in the SERVER as long as i have a DM running MGcamd connected to the server and sharing ?, This is where im getting mixed up I think !

Maybe A short step-by-step would help me and others out if anyone could post it.

cheers for all the help so far from everyone:-snowman

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
hi guys (and dolls),

since Ubuntu's latest release (9.10) i decided to setup my server all afresh.
it is all setup and running with a couple of smargo+ readers. oscam and cccam

now i am trying to follow B16MCC's tut in order to install a couple of omnikey readers i bought some time ago. the first installs went quite well but i'm not sure about the drivers. the ones in the first post seem to be out-dated and ubuntu directs you to another site .... and here's were i'm stuck

i managed to download and extract what i thought were the new correct drivers but a bit more complex than i thought ... here you have to install and configure, but which is the right one??

did anyone manage this??

thanks for any help

paul362

Reaction score
If your talking about the drivers for the omnikey readers the link works fine (ive just been there myself last night, then you just have to click the dropdown box and selct the right opperating system (by default its on winXP) choose linux and download all 3 files.

to set them up you can just click on the intall file from within the extracted folders and choose open in consul (i think its consul) and thats it its installed' do the same with all 3 files and START with the file with extension 1.50.

Hope this helps ya m8.

PS : could you put me straight about my last post and MGcamd by any chance ??

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
paul362 said:
If your talking about the drivers for the omnikey readers the link works fine (ive just been there myself last night, then you just have to click the dropdown box and selct the right opperating system (by default its on winXP) choose linux and download all 3 files.

to set them up you can just click on the intall file from within the extracted folders and choose open in consul (i think its consul) and thats it its installed' do the same with all 3 files and START with the file with extension 1.50.

Hope this helps ya m8.

PS : could you put me straight about my last post and MGcamd by any chance ??
To update your card download Mgcam to the box you use to view tv.
In your new.xml create a new user named User1 and Password User1 and tick the AU option for this user.

Download and extract the newcamd.list file I have attached.
Edit the file to change the ip address and port to whatever your Newcs server is. FTP the file to var/keys. Not to your server but to your dreambox
Job done

To get the updates switch to Mgcam on your box and keep an eye on the newcs management console. You will see the emms going to this user . When you see the user has emms received check your entitlements. Can take a day or 2 to update but it works.

carrpet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK East Mids
paul362 said:
Thank you for your imput Carrpet, what i was trying to say was does the card have to go into the dreambox if i run MGcamd ? OR can i leave it in the SERVER as long as i have a DM running MGcamd connected to the server and sharing ?, This is where im getting mixed up I think !

Maybe A short step-by-step would help me and others out if anyone could post it.

cheers for all the help so far from everyone:-snowman
Hi Paul,

You do not need to move your card back into the Dreambox, it will update in the server just fine.

Secondly, I posted a step by step on this in the Sly 0963 thread. I will look it out or you can do a search on posts by me. Got to go !

paul362

Reaction score
carrpet said:
Hi Paul,

You do not need to move your card back into the Dreambox, it will update in the server just fine.

Secondly, I posted a step by step on this in the Sly 0963 thread. I will look it out or you can do a search on posts by me. Got to go !

Thanks bud I will go search.:-googly

sblinx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000, dm500hd
linux winXP windows 7
My Location
malta
hello paul ...thanks for your reply

i installed the first two drivers but when i arrive to the third i get this:-
/tmp/ifdokccid_lnx-3.5.1# ./install
Installing OMNIKEY CardMan CCID Smartcard reader driver ...

PCSC-Lite is not installed.
Go visit _http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pcsclite/
and install the latest version of pcsc-lite.
Skiping installation of driver files!

Installation finished!

did you get this message??
thanks again

paul362

Reaction score
No m8 it was fine here (make sure you have selected LINUX and the right model reader) ? what order are you instaling the files in : ie : 1.50 , then 5.10, then 3.51 in that order because you have to install them in order or you get a fail notice ! i got this the first time i tried to install them so i start with the lowest one in the download section and work my way up, this seemed to fix the problem for me.

give it a go and report back.

_www.omnikey.com/index.php?id=69&rName=CardMan%203x21%20PC/SC%20CCID%20for%20Linux%2032%20Bit&did=69

prenz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
de
sblinx said:
i installed the first two drivers but when i arrive to the third i get this:-

PCSC-Lite is not installed.
Go visit _http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pcsclite/
and install the latest version of pcsc-lite.

I got that too on following the guide. Simply did as I was told above, downloaded and compiled pcsc-lite, and everything worked fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.