Another offer I am not able to refuse (wanna bet)

Piltdownpaul

No.1 Spike Milligan Fan
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3,Icecrypt S3500HDCCI, Technomate TM3000D,TM5400Ci Super, Samsung HD HDD Freesat Box,60cm dish for freesat, TD88 dish on a Skybox F3 57E to 45W.
My Location
South Leicestershire (Fleckney)
Never get this spam anymore....

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Just found this in my spam filter - note the careful spelling of PayPaI:

Your credit card information has been changed.

On April 08 , 2013, your credit card has been removed from your PayPal account.

You are receiving this email notification because this email address is listed as the administrative contact email for your PayPal account. If you belive this is an error, click the link below, log in to your PayPal account and follow the instructions.

hxxps://www.paypal.com

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response.

Sincerely,
PayPal

----------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Email ID PP328
Hovering over the link resolves to hxxp://textop.net/change.htm. Nasty!

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I can usually tell when I get a fake paypal e-mail, cos it doesn't go to my dedicated ebay & paypal email address... :-rofl2

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
2cvbloke said:
I can usually tell when I get a fake paypal e-mail, cos it doesn't go to my dedicated ebay & paypal email address... :-rofl2
Yes that is the system I employ works a treat

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
This has just turned up in the spam folder of our old AOL account....

Good Day

This is the internet fraud unit of the Interpol police; we are mandated by the British High Commission and the FBI to combat internet fraud. Our monitoring device picked up several signal transaction on your server and since then we have been monitoring all your internet transaction and we have discovered that you have been into series of transaction.

From our investigation you have been into a transaction worth of millions of dollars which you have spent money on, and you have been dealing with the wrong people. A compensation of six hundred and fifty thousand united state dollars ($650,000.00) has been allocated to all Americans, Arabians, Europeans, Canadians and Asian citizen who have been scammed and harassed on the internet. We are also backed up by the UNITED NATIONS and have been investigating emails directed to selected individuals.

We want to clear your doubts; you are to continue your transaction with Rev. Mark Powell of the compensation payment department immediately. Please you are to notify us when you receive this email. You are not to disclose this information to a third party as we are on the trail to get all perpetrators of cyber crime.

Thank you for your understanding

Faithfully
Bryan Anderson
Head Internet Fraud Unit.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Weird. If a single person were to believe guff like that, then the Human Race has run its course.

PS: What Language is that? My Babel Fish is anaemic.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Found this in my spam folder. I'm keeping this one as it really made me laugh.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised - Your account will be deactivated.

We are sorry to inform you that your online account has been temporarily limited.

A large number of failed login attempts have been recorded in your account as a security measure had to
temporarily limit your account.

To restore your account we have attached a form to this email, please download and complete the form.

After completing the form, within 24 hours you will be called by one of our operators to confirm the data sent.

Warning: For security reasons we recommend you open the Internet Explorer browser.

If you choose to ignore our request, you risk your account being suspended indefinitely.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Honestly, BARCLAYS Security Department.

We advise that you keep this email for future notifications. (E-mail ID: 3827552)

Note: If you have received this email in SPAM section please add to your address book secure@barclays.co.uk

© Copyright Barclays Bank PLC. 2013 - All rights reserved

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW I don't have an account with Barclays...

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I got one yesterday from 'Hon David Cameron' along with a confirmed transfer of funds.

This is to let you know that you total sum of $2.5millon had been credited into an ATM MASTER CARD. Contact Willian Hunge ( c_an***@yahoo.com) for delivery of the card to your home address, also send them your home or delivery address.Thanks, Hon David Cameron Tel: +447 045 781 ***

He must have got my card number wrong as it's not there.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
And they've mis-spelt Hague (or is it Huhne?)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Found this in my spam folder today

CAN I DEPOSIT 20,000,000 into your account?

Beloved Friend, Please kindly accept my apology for sending you this email without your consent. I believe you are a highly respected personality,considering the fact that I sourced your profile from the peoples search database on the web during my Deseret search for a partner whom can assist me in taking bringing the dreams of my late husband come through. I am Mrs Anna Victoria , suffering from cancerous ailment. I was married to Sir Anna Christopher, an English shipping tycoon notable for his great charitable activities before his death in April 2nd, 2012. When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of Twenty Million Pounds Sterling (20,000,000.00 GBP)which were derived from his vast estates and investment in capital market with his bank here in UK and named me as the beneficiary of this trust fund.(All records are kept with my family lawyer)presently, this money is still with the Bank. My Doctor told me recently, that I have limited days to live due to the cancerous problems that i have been suffering from. Though what bothers me most is the stroke that I have in addition with the cancer. With this hard reality that has befallen me, I have decided to donate this fund to you and i want you to use this gift which comes from my Late husbands effort to establish a charity home for the upkeep of widows, widowers,orphans,destitute,the down-trodden, physically challenged children, barren-women and persons who prove to be genuinely handicapped financially. I took this decision because I do not have any child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are bourgeois and very wealthy persons and I do not want my husband hard earned money to be misused or invested into ill perceived ventures, which is the reason i took this bold decision. I do not need any telephone communication in this regard due to my deteriorating health and because of the presence of my husband relatives around me. You can contact me through my personal email address: mrsannavictoria01@yahoo.com Please assure me that you will act just as I have stated herein. Hope to hear from you soon. Remain Blessed, Mrs Anna Victoria Email: mrsannavictoria01@yahoo.com

:-doh:-rofl2o_O:-lol:-buttkick

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Dead give away >>> "highly respected personality" :-rofl2

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Found in this morning's spam bin offerings, I have to say they are becoming more credible although I am not sure why the s_bmitting is spelt that way.
rbs.png

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
I've had a few like that (from banks I'm not even with too, which is incredible!!), Shift+Delete works much better than giving them card info... :-rofl2

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
...I have to say they are becoming more credible ...
That is one of the better formatted spam posts I've seen. Apart from not ever clicking on a link in an unexpected email there are still a couple of giveaways though - fortunately.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive seen a huge increase in the amount of junk being delivered to my yahoo spam folder over the last few weeks. 50 or 60 a day is common atm.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Still averaging one per month here!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Still averaging one per month here!

Yes but users of the internet back in the early nineties who are still using the same email address today tend to get shedloads, so the filters have to work overtime for us

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
............... then you know the answer :unsure

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
............... then you know the answer :unsure

Ermm no way, why would I spoil their fun and anyhow it is all part of our free package;)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
My current yahoo address I've had for years, but only started using it in the past three, but I think I get about 10 to 25 tins of spam a day to that address, most of it is advertising though, which I never look at as a lot of the times they're advertising something from a company that they're not affiliated with other than being in it for the commission... :confused

It's quite boring really, I like reading messages about how someone is the king of some nation that doesn't have a monarchy and they have millions of dollars to transfer to me because they're having to flee because they were overthrown, cos in reality, the only throne they ever sat on was made of porcelain, and the only royal duties they performed there were after a bad curry... :lol: