Another offer I am not able to refuse (wanna bet)

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
TD110 Dish and TD88 Dish in Tandem
66°East to 60°West.
AZbox PrmHD + OpnbxS9HD + Skybox + DrHD F15
2x VboxII AZ-EL
2 m+ Alcoa PF + BSC421 C-Band lnbf...
+SS2/TwHnS2-3200 pci/TBS6925 pci
1.5 Fortec Star -Gbox - HtoH Ku/Ka/C
My Location
UK
My poor old mother (late 70s) was actually crying the other day having received an email demanding her compliance to appear in court in Washington DC ...on a charge relating to computer hacking..
The summons was of course in the zip attachment ..which luckily she'd no idea how to open anyway.
Virus avoided ...but as a Hacker this should have been easy for her to do..
Yes it's funny ..but not to my mum who was visibly shaken.
Bstds!!!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Nothing funny about that at all - It's iniquitous for anyone to prey on the vulnerable by any means and these EMail Scams are driven by the amoeba of life who, if their IQs were added together, would struggle to make a single Hairdresser.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
Nothing funny about that at all - It's iniquitous for anyone to prey on the vulnerable by any means and these EMail Scams are driven by the amoeba of life who, if their IQs were added together, would struggle to make a single Hairdresser.
Perhaps I should have said ..Funny in retrospect...now I've explained it to her..but you are right G ..
They are worse than pond scum..

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Just had this nasty email turn up in one of my inboxes

RE: BE MORE CAREFUL !!!

Hello I am very sorry for you ,It is a pity that this is how your life is going to end as soon as you don't comply. As you can see there is no need for me introducing myself to you because I don't have any business with you, my duty as I am mailing you now is just to (KILL YOU ) and I have to do it as I have already been paid for that.Someone you call a Friend want's you Dead by all means, and the person have spent a lot of money on this, the person also came to US and told me that he wanted you dead and he provided us with your name ,picture and other necessary information's we needed about you. So I have sent my boy's to track you down in your country and they have carried out the necessary investigation needed for the operation on you, and they have done that but I told them not to kill you that I will like to contact you and see if your life is Important to you or not.since we have find out that you are innocent.I called my client back and ask him of your email address which I didn't tell him what I wanted to do with it and he gave it to me and I am using it to contact you now. As I am writing to you now my men are monitoring you and they are telling me everything about you.Now do you want to LIVE OR DIE? As someone has paid us to kill you. Get back to me now if you are ready to pay some fees to spare your life, $35,000 is all you need to spend You will this money then I will send a tape to you which i recorded every discussion i hide with the person who wanted you dead and as soon as you get the tape. If you are not ready for my help, then I will carry on with my job straight-up.WARNING: DO NOT THINK OF CONTACTING THE POLICE OR EVEN TELLING ANYONE BECAUSE I WILL KNOW.REMEMBER, SOMEONE WHO KNOWS YOU VERY WELL WANT YOU DEAD! I WILL EXTEND IT TO YOUR FAMILY, IN CASE I NOTICE SOMETHING FUNNY. DO NOT COME OUT ONCE IT IS 7 PM UNTIL I MAKE OUT TIME TO SEE YOU AND GIVE YOU THE TAPE OF MY DISCUSSION WITH THE PERSON WHO WANT YOU DEAD THEN YOU CAN USE IT TO TAKE ANY LEGAL ACTION. GOOD LUCK AS I AWAIT YOUR REPLY
THANKS HASSAN AL MOHAMMED

There were some attached graphic thumbnail images of what appeared to be dead people lying on pavements in pools of blood. Needless to say I didn't open them and will delete the email. Undoubtedly this is a scam or one of the attachments contains a virus but nevertheless it's disturbing to receive.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
That's truly disgusting.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
That's a really nasty variation. For something like that I think I would inform the police.

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
Apparently it (or variations of it) has been circulating since 2006. The example I've seen asked for $150,000 to call off the hit....seems I'm worth less than a quarter of that....The mail came in on my late wifes old AOL account (which I can't cancel) which made it even more obvious that it was a scam. It's still a cynical, vicious, nasty email though. I can't see the gendarmes being overly interested sadly.

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
Apparently it (or variations of it) has been circulating since 2006. The example I've seen asked for $150,000 to call off the hit....seems I'm worth less than a quarter of that....The mail came in on my late wifes old AOL account (which I can't cancel) which made it even more obvious that it was a scam. It's still a cynical, vicious, nasty email though. I can't see the gendarmes being overly interested sadly.
"Mais monsieur, il est en anglais. Il nous faudra une traduction officielle pour intervenir...."

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
"Mais monsieur, il est en anglais. Il nous faudra une traduction officielle pour intervenir...."

In triplicate by an officially appointed and registered translator......(I know, I got married here)

hairybadger

Bricoleur
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
see sig
My Location
near Geneva, Haute-Savoie, France
In triplicate by an officially appointed and registered translator......(I know, I got married here)
:) Me too. My official translation even had an error: "tenth" does not translate to "trente" :) Did you also have to get the certificate from your embassy saying that if you were a woman you wouldn't be giving up your nationality by marrying a Frenchman? (am not making this up...)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
These slimeballs have a different mindset and should be treated with caution, contact the police immediately

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
These slimeballs have a different mindset and should be treated with caution, contact the police immediately

Had I been living in the UK Topper, I probably would contact the police, even just to register it as a criminal act. However, as HB has touched on, getting the gendarmes interested (especially as it's in English) is a totally different matter. Even if I went in to the local gendarmerie, sadly I think it would be met with the usual gallic shrug.

@HB : I did have to get some form from the British Consulate in Paris. One the one hand the marriage was made slightly easier in that we were both UK citizens but my wife was divorced and had to get her decree absolute translated and as she was born in Livingstone, Northern Rhodesia, had to obtain her full birth certificate from there and get that translated too.

Vipersan

Emmett Browns Ghost
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
IP9000HD +
66°East to 60°West.
2x VboxII AZ-EL
My Location
UK
..and now it's my turn to appear before the beak..
You remember I posted that my poor old mum was reduced to tears when she received a court summons ??
Well the slimey bastds have now targeted me ..but this time it's UK orientated..
received this evening ...
>>>>>

Notice to Appear,

Hereby you are notified that you have been scheduled to appear for your hearing that will take place in the court of
London in January 31, 2014 at 10:00 am.

Please bring all documents and witnesses relating to this case with you to Court on your hearing date.

The copy of the court notice is attached to this letter.
Please, read it thoroughly.

Note: If you do not attend the hearing the judge may hear the case in your absence.

Yours truly,
L.McNamara
Clerk to the Court.

>>>>>
with an attachment of course..
beware ..this is becoming quite common it seems..
rgds
VS

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Ah Mr Obodo is getting annoyed with me

Newspaper Report of your fund release

Attn:the Beneficiary,

Considering the high level of corruption in world and Nigeria in particular, The Federal minister of finance Dr Mrs.Ngozi Okonjo Iweala on behalf of the federal government and World Bank has published the names of 34 contractors that will receive their funds at this last year quarter which you are one of the categories "A" beneficiaries. This payment exercise is aimed at redeeming the lost image of the African banks caused by fraudulent activities of scammers.

I have sent you mails on several occasions informing you of this development but all to no avail. Note that this information has already been published in the Daily Sun Newspaper recently. Therefore you are requested to furnish us with your details and your mailing address for your payment via Bank draft or ATM Card

Yours faithfully,
Dr. Edward Obodo

Yes right buddy I will give you my card details:-rofl2:-rofl2:-biglaugh:-lol

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Give them to me, instead?

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Just had this one turn up via a Skype contact request...

Hello Fitzgerald

I have been in search of someone with this last name “Fitzgerald" and when I saw your name I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other.

Meanwhile I am Mr. Paul Agyiri, a reputable banker here and my purpose of contacting you is this; On the 15th of March 2007 one Mr. Sebelius Fitzgerald, a citizen of your country and a crude oil dealer made a fixed deposit with my bank valued at $17,500,000.00 (Seventeen Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) and the due date for this deposit contract is exactly this time of the year.

Sadly Mr. Sebelius was among the death victims in the 2008 deadly earthquake in Sichuan china and left nobody for the claim of his deposited fund. He was in china on a business trip and that was how he met his end. You can go through the above website for more information about the earthquake (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Sichuan_earthquake)

Sebelius did not mention any Next of Kin/ Heir when the account was opened because he was not married and no children and if this fund should stays here in our bank after so many years till this time of the year! It will move into the bank treasury account as un-claimed fund and the Top ones here in our bank will share it among themselves.

I don’t want such thing to happen that is the reason why I contacted you and requesting your assistance to receive this fund into your account as the beneficiary hence you bear same surname with the deceased,

Please kindly consider this proposal and send me your reply of interest to my private email address: (........) so that I will give you more details on how to proceed, I am not a greedy person, so I am suggesting we share the funds equal, which is 50%/50% to both parties,

I wait for your response direct to my private email (.........) and please delete if you are not interested.

For your information it is very difficult for me to talk about this subject on Skype because I am always busy in the office, so I prefer that we keep communicating through e-mail for safety purpose

Regards

Paul Agyiri

I like the fact he states he's 'not a greedy person'.........a conman yes......but not greedy......

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
And creative. Referencing the Sichuan earthquake is "nice" move.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
For your information it is very difficult for me to talk about this subject on Skype because I am always busy in the office, so I prefer that we keep communicating through e-mail for safety purpose

Why? So they can keep their faces hidden so the cops won't come knocking on their door? :-rofl2

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Latest offerings

FROM THE DESK OF INFORMATION OFFICER,
COMPENSATION PAYMENT DEPARTMENT,
UNITED NATIONS HEADQUARTERS,
NEW YORK, USA.

ATTENTION BENEFICIARY,

I write to inform you the following because the United Nations through the approval of United Nation Secretary-General in the person of Mr. Ban Ki-moon.

Read Carefully the letter bellow.

I am Mr. Samuel di Piazza, the Chairman, Committee On Debt Reconciliation and Evaluation United Nation. After the meeting we held with other members of the Executive Arm of the United Nation, we decided in one accord to pay all Scammed victims back their compensation funds through this office as one of those that have been Scammed through African countries mainly from Nigeria.

We have also investigated and found out that a great deal of injustice has been shown to foreign contractors and Inheritors who have spent their time and money to conclude the transfer processes with different commercial banks in African countries mainly from Nigeria.

However, the United Nation in conjunction with all Central Bank governors in Africa have decided also to clear all debt owned to genuine contractors and Inheritors. In fact, after our careful verification, we discovered that your Contract/Inheritance file is among other fifteen (15) files confirmed to be genuinely okay and all these Inheritance/contract files are ready now on my table already Approved for immediate payment of your fund (Ј3,900,000.00) Three Million Nine Hundred Thousand Euros.

Please confirm the receipt of this e-mail by responding to this office immediately so that your file will be forwarded to our International Remmittence Department, EURO CLEAR BANK LONDON for immediate payment of your Contract/Inheritance entitlement without further delay. Most importantly, your payment can be via Direct Wire Transfer payable to your Bank Account in your country, Via Direct Wire Transfer to your Account, A.T.M CARD or Diplomatic courier delivery to your home address. You should reconfirm your full name, contact address, a copy of your passport, phone and fax numbers in your response to this letter.

Meanwhile, we regret the inconvenience this has caused you in the time past. This payment exercise will last for only 7 working days from today. Copies of your fund Approval Payment has been forwarded to the EURO CLEAR BANK LONDON for the release of your funds as soon as possible.

Please note this: If you have lost your Fund Ownership Certificate, I will advise that you forget replying this email unless you are ready to bear the cost of securing a new Fund Ownership Certificate. Remember, this procedure must be adhere to by all Inheritor/contractors.

Best Regards,
Mr. Samuel Di Piazza.
Chairman United Nations Committee On Debt Reconciliation & Evaluation 2014.
chairmanuntednationscommit014@outlook.com

Yeah right buddy, with bellows involved there must a a lot of hot gas involved

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I was going to say the appalling grammar gives it away, but sadly a lot of bony-fido UK Companies are nearly as bad with their correspondence.