Costa Blanca, 2E/2F, seasonal signal fluctuation.

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Pick is on 2A South, which is much stronger than 2E PE beam.

But surely Pick is on the 2E European beam so no wonder it's strong.

Both are correct, strongest signal depends on your location, as this is costa thread H gets this stronger from 2A south @12207V
Whereas signal from 2E europe beam @11914H is maybe not so strong in the costa area.

Regards

A

Archive4

Both are correct, strongest signal depends on your location, as this is costa thread H gets this stronger from 2A south @12207V
Whereas signal from 2E europe beam @11914H is maybe not so strong in the costa area.

Regards

I don´t wish to be "Picky" but 11914H is only for the Leprechauns! The rest of us use 12207V!

And before anyone takes offence at that comment, my mother was born in Dublin and lived in Shellmartin Avenue, Fairview, Dublin 5, for many many years!

Any passing staff member ( T ) please remove after about 1-2 hours!

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
I don´t wish to be "Picky" but 11914H is only for the Leprechauns! The rest of us use 12207V!

THUS
Location location location!!!!

As alluded too in post 181:-lol

Regards

A

Archive4

WHY delete?

Statement made live with it:D

Well ..... corruption of thread. I thought it was fun, but not thread related. From my angle, should be on "chit - chat" in Spain, as I posted the other day, but here I am doing it again! I am my worst enemy! BUT this thread is supposed to be about the signal fluctuation in my area of Spain, so ...........

( Can the forum software have a "Jokes of any thread" area? )

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Pick is on 2A South, which is much stronger than 2E PE beam.
I knew it wasn't on the spot beam and Kingofsat reckoned that it was on 2E European beam. I didn't check anywhere else.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
I knew it wasn't on the spot beam and Kingofsat reckoned that it was on 2E European beam. I didn't check anywhere else.
Well I'm going by what I see on the analyzer. Also, it is listed on Lyngsat as 2A South and that info is supposed to come direct from SES.

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Well I'm going by what I see on the analyzer. Also, it is listed on Lyngsat as 2A South and that info is supposed to come direct from SES.

Not often I use foul language!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS
read post 181 both of you:-lol

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Not often I use foul language!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS
read post 181 both of you:-lol
No need to get upset. We were talking about 12207 all along, but due to all the cross posting things got diluted. After all this thread was just for seasonal fluctuations. Anyway the following shows what we were talking about:
Ref to Pick was from the measurement using the S1 and I figured that as Astra and Badr both use 12207 it would be a case of crosstalk causing the snr (c/n in S1 speak) to drop. Thought that 2 signals on same frequency from "near enough" the same location would cause this. Anyway, I like Qatar TV!

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Signal well down compared to 2 days ago. Is this the start of a new cycle?

0-days-ago-graph.php.png 2-days-ago-graph.php.png

A

Archive4

Haven´t seen too much on the news since 12/9 re solar activity and not much by the way of electrostatics in our area, so could be "an anomaly" in the signal, or if Huevos is correct, a new cycle. I know where my money is!

Menorca Man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD (2GB Amstrad DRX890) + Generic 1.65m x 1.5m offset with Opticum LQP-04H Quad LNB
My Location
Ciutadella de Menorca
A start of a new cycle that's for sure. When some of you guys were seeing an increase in UK spot beam signal strength last July, I reported that Menorca was seeing a drop.
It seems that the hot spots/not spots are on the move again because the signal strength here has come back up. In particular, I can receive BBC News HD 24/7 again, whereas up to a few days ago it was unwatchable until late afternoon.

cazhh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 180cm, Invacom Quad with Gib Feedhorn, 28.2 + 19.2, dreambox & tbs5922
My Location
Elmshorn, Schleswig-Holstein
At the east side of the beam we have witnessed this as well. Though it was much more dramatic for us.

A sudden drop of about 2db during one day, followed by a slow recovery yesterday. Now it's back to normal. As usual when the SNR dropped on the east side of the main lobe it increased at the same time on the west side of the first sidelobe.

I'd say a link to the anomaly in the magnetic field of the earth on the 19th might be feasible. But this event could as well been caused by the equinox. Especially when reading Menorca Man's report one could think of an addition north/south shift. Who knows ...:unsure

A

Archive4

Just put the new VU+ SE (thanks to Huevos) back on line. Had to take it off to use feed to record stuff while we have visitors. Just checked signals levels on various txp´s and not very much different to about a week ago. Did not take accurate readings but will have to agree with Cazhh that I cannot see much change, even though tonight we have thunderstorms in the area.

Huevos, does your log show any improvement on the other day, or are you still reading 0.5 - 0.75 dB down?

As soon as have decent broadband will set up proper logging system.

A

Archive4

Update, now have thunder and lightning, but no rain. Have lost approx 0.5dB according to SE box

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Looks like it is back up in strength with a bit of a change in fingerprint. But, not really sure with current weather though. A few thunderstorms in last 24 hours.

last-24-hours-graph.php.png

A

Archive4

Looks like it is back up in strength with a bit of a change in fingerprint. But, not really sure with current weather though. A few thunderstorms in last 24 hours.

Didn,t get your storm at 13:00, hit me at about 11:30. Got a big one now, still no rain and SE only recording 0.4 - 0.5 dB down, but still no rain for now!

A

Archive4

Now have light - medium rain and lots more thunder and lightning, ( no hot hail, so I guess nothing to do with Ming the Merciless ), have now lost a further 0.4 - 0.5 dB, so roughly 1dB down on an hour ago!