Join our F1 Fantasy League 2007!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
He has ..... and the youtube video has gone now Rolf.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
jimbo said:
He has ..... and the youtube video has gone now Rolf.

Fixed it, I think the FIA have tried to cull the video for some completely unknown reason.

Looking at it, I think you can interpret Hamilton's movement two ways:

a) He was trying to avoid going into the back of the safety car (water spray was hampering his vision), and went to the right and slowed down to avoid a collision and improve his visiability.

:cool: He was deliberately attempting to manufacture a collision behind him by slowing down, knowing that Webber could not overtake and that Webber's own slowing down might confuse Vettel and cause the collision.

To be honest, in both cases Vettel should still take some of the blame (but not all), but I don't think Vettel should have been made to feel as bad as he evidentally did directly after the incident. He is still a very young driver.

Webber MUST surely accept that he is as much to blame as Hamilton and Vettel - if Webber had only momentarily overtaken and returned to his position behind Hamilton, then I don't believe any penalty would have come of it as Webber could quite rightly have claimed that Hamilton's movement and the conditions both led to a momentary and involuntary overtaking, and which he would have not in any way benefitted from.

You can see why the FIA ducked out of making any sort of decision in the end, any declaration have hardly been conclusive.

PS - Once this discussion has reached its natural end, I'll merge it with the Fantasy F1 thread, is that ok?

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
It is strange that this discussion ever took place :)

Crashing behind - whom to blame ?

If it should happen on a normal road I think the insurance company wouldn´t even discuss it :cool:

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Qualifying Result

Lewis Hamilton has given himself the best possible chance of winning the Chinese GP, and thus the Championship, by securing pole position on the grid.

In the closing moments of Q3, all of the big four drivers - Hamilton, Alonso, Raikkonen, and Massa - were out to take the top spot, and it was Hamilton who set his time first.

Alonso completed his final flying lap moments later, but the Spaniard failed to beat the time set, over half a second off the pace. The Ferraris followed, Massa first to fail, but closer than Alonso. And so it fell to Raikkonen to beat the benchmark, but the Finn was unable to overhaul the Brit, more than a tenth off.

With Hamilton needing to score no more than one point less than Alonso to win the title, a grid order of Hamilon - Raikkonen - Massa - Alonso looks extremely promising for the youngster.

Elsewhere in the top 10, the Red Bulls have been making massive strides recently, and the placings of Coulthard in 5th and Webber in 7th in qualifying are worthy reward for the hard work of the team. Sandwiched in between is the soon-to-be-moving on Ralf Schumacher - clearly the weight of pressure is no longer on his shoulders.

BMW will consider, given their season, an 8th and 9th starting place for Heidfeld and Kubica to be disappointing, but Jenson Button will be more than pleased with 10th.

The concluding seconds of Q1 were somewhat of a Shanghai shootout, with multiple drivers posting times in no more than 20 seconds. The victims included Barrichello (17th), Wurz (19th), and most surprising Fisichella (18th) - does Gigi know something we don't about a possible return to Renault for Alonso, and his resulting dropping by the team?

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Race Result | Full Story

The Championship will go down to the wire in Sao Paulo, as Lewis Hamilton’s race ended in the gravel.

For the first section of the race Hamilton was flying, and certainly it looked like the Brit would secure the title by the day’s end. However, after the first round of stops, Raikkonen was wheel-to-wheel with Hamilton. This was not a threat to Hamilton’s title hopes at that stage though, as if Hamilton did finish 2nd to Kimi he would still win the title.

To his credit, but also perhaps with a touch of naivety, Hamilton did put up a fight with Kimi, but the Finn soon passed him.

Disaster struck laps later – Hamilton’s right rear tyre was badly worn and he needed to return to the pits for replacements. Going into the pit lane, Hamilton ran wide into the gravel, he was stuck without hope of recovery, and with that the fight goes on to Brazil.

Kimi took a well deserved victory, whilst Fernando Alonso – qualifying in 4th – battled through to 2nd place after a race long exchange with Felipe Massa, whom ended in 3rd.

Further behind in the field, Sebastian Vettel blew away the mistake in Fuji to take 4th place, a magnificent achievement for him and Toro Rosso, whose one stop strategy beat the competition with Liuzzi coming in an equally fantastic 6th. Jenson Button finished in 5th and will be pleased with his performance, having started in 10th.

Button was by no means the fastest car either, unlike Heidfeld who will be dissatisfied with 7th. Coulthard ended in 8th, fighting off Kovalainen for the final point.

Drivers’ Championship

The fight is on. Raikkonen and Alonso will both need victories and Hamilton to fail at Interlagos – Hamilton must finish no worse than a place lower than Alonso, and be placed in the top 4 if Kimi wins in Brazil.

Constructors’ Championship

Ferrari are champions!

SupaLiga 2007

UPDATED SHORT TABLE

Norm and his F1 Aberdeen team were a mere 8 points from the 219pt lead needed to be crowned SupaLiga champion, but were still the 2nd highest scorers in China – 115pts.

With 126pts, the Tossers were the crowning glory this race, but rubbing out the gap between them and the Creatures might just be a little too much to ask.

There was no movement to report other than at the foot of the table, where Tom and Chris both leapfrogged Alex, but mhku’s 101pts has set-up a shootout for a place in the top 10 with the Red’s Devils.

Copa SupaLiga 2007, Semi Finals, 1st Leg

F1 Aberdeen 115-79 Burnin’ Rubber – F1 Aberdeen win 242-184 on aggregateSuper 25 101-68 Speedy Devils – Super 25 win 216-165 on agg.

The favourites ultimately decimated the opposition to set-up a final between the only 2 teams in the top 5 who were in SupaLiga 2006.

Copa SupaLiga 2007 Final

F1 Aberdeen vs. Super 25

NEXT RACE > BRAZILIAN GRAND PRIX @ INTERLAGOS, SAO PAULO > OCTOBER 21

Attachments

• f1slpostchinashorttablejg3.png
    f1slpostchinashorttablejg3.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 25

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
One race does not a season make
even if Max is on the take
Mother nature intervened once again
Lewis's plans went down the drain

In two weeks time it's another track
For two of the drivers there is no way back
Is it Raikonen Alonso or Hamilton?
Who lifts the title of CHAMPION :eek:

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Wurz retires, Nakajima in for Sao Paulo

Alexander Wurz retired from Formula 1 shortly after the race in China. He won 13 points this season, and in a F1 career spanning 10 years, the Austrian finished on the podium 3 times - 3rd at the 1997 British GP (his third race), 2005 San Marino GP (as a single race replacement for Juan Pablo Montoya at McLaren), and 2007 Canadian GP (the same circuit he started his career at).

Replacing Wurz is Willams' test driver, Kazuki Nakajima of Japan. The son of Saturi who raced in F1 between 1987 and 1991, Kazuki was the top scoring rookie in GP2 in 2007.

In Pure Fantasy F1, Wurz's closing value is 24mil and Nakajima (in the 3rd driver list) is 1mil.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 15.00 GMT (3pm) / 16.00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup for the Grande Prêmio do Brasil, the last race of the season :(

To make changes, including qualifying position which must be submitted prior to every race, access the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga webpage | Pure Fantasy F1 Full Rules | Rules on Points Scoring
Rules on Team Selection | List of TV Broadcasters
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Brazilian Grand Prix timetable:
Friday Practice 1 - 13.00-14.30 GMT / 14.00-15.30 CET / 10.00-11.30 Sao Paulo
Friday Practice 2 - 17.00-18.30 GMT / 18.00-19.30 CET / 14.00-15.30 Sao
Saturday Practice - 14.00-15.00 GMT / 15.00-16.00 CET / 11.00-12.00 Sao
Saturday Qualifying - 17.00 GMT / 18.00 CET / 14.00 Sao
Sunday Race - 17.00 GMT / 18.00 CET / 14.30 Sao

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Qualifying Result

Advance Mr Hamilton, as the Championship leader qualified in 2nd ahead of title challengers Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso at Interlagos.

In the final minutes of Q3, Felipe Massa set a time for the challengers.

Hamilton was fastest in sector 2, but failed to beat the Brazilian's time in the final sector. Lewis was quickly followed by Raikkonen, but the Finn could not improve his time and is 3rd on the grid.

Last up was Fernando Alonso, who failed to make any impression and will surely be worried about his lackluster performance today given that he must finish at least 2 place above Hamilton to win. Alonso starts in 4th.

Red Bull are shining bright in the closing races of this season, and with Webber 5th and Coulthard 9th for Sunday's grid, the Swiss outfit will be hoping they could even break into podium places.

The ever-reliable BMW pair of Heidfeld and Kubica were 6th and 7th respectively, just ahead of Toyota pilot Jarno Trulli in 8th.

Nico Rosberg is 10th, while his debuting Williams team mate Kazuki Nakajima struggled for a 19th place grid slot - but the Jap is joined in Q1 relegation by Heikki Kovalainen, as the Renault driver completely kamikazed his own flying lap in the final turn to come in a disastrous 17th.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
:-doh!

Well that just finishes off a bad weekend for British sport doesnt it?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Lewis must be gutted, but it does make you wonder why the gearbox software managed to enter a default state for 30 seconds!
And the rugby well what can I say, bad weekend all round

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Race Result | Full Story

‘Revival of the fittest’ could be the best description of the 2007 season, as Kimi Raikkonen was crowded champion of the world and reigned victorious in the blue skies of Sao Paulo.

Lewis Hamilton, leading the Championship prior to this afternoon’s race, had a nightmare start when Kimi passed him from the start, and then lost out in a fight with Fernando Alonso – the Brit went off track momentarily.

Far worse followed; in lap 8, Hamilton suffered engine cut out and was lucky to be able to keep the engine going as the entire field passed him by.

As the Hamilton drama unfolded, the Ferraris were clear-out in front, Massa in the lead.

Before and after the first round of pit stops Hamilton recovered to 12th, but his future progress was agonisingly slow. And Alonso? Overtaken for 3rd by Robert Kubica.

Hamilton was 8th by lap 36, but it would not be enough – Raikkonen would surely pass Massa to take the win, and Hamilton would then need to finish 5th!

In the following lap (37) it was becoming painfully clear that Lewis’ fight was over, he went into the pits for a short middle stint – McLaren had planned on a safe 3-stop strategy all along, not anticipating a chasing Hamilton needing longer stints.

Raikkonen was now at match point, and on lap 53 the Championship’s fate was sealed when the Finn exited the pits in front of team mate Massa. The race ended with a Ferrari 1-2.

Hamilton finished 7th, and colleague Alonso completed his race in 3rd with little drama to report.

The Championship fight did mask a real battle for points between Rosberg, Kubica, and Heidfeld. This culminated in a great moment in lap 60 in which Rosberg and Heidfeld nearly took each other out in turn 1, Kubica taking advantage to fly past them. They finished Rosberg 4th, Kubica 5th, Heidfeld 6th. And how Lewis must be wishing it had been a collision…

Taking the final point was Jarno Trulli.

Drivers’ Championship

With one of the most amazing comebacks in F1 history,
Kimi Raikkonen is champion after securing podium finishes in all but one of the last 10 races, and winning 6 races. He becomes the 3rd Finn to win the Drivers’ Championship after Keke Rosberg and Mika Hakkinen.

Hamilton and Alonso both finished just a point away from Kimi, with Hamilton taking 2nd by virtue of more 2nd place finishes.

Constructors’ Championship

Ferrari are champions!

NEXT RACE > AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX @ ALBERT PARK, MELBOURNE > MARCH 16, 2008

SupaLiga final report to follow very soon…

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Well done to our winner Norm for finishing 6th in the entire tournament! :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well done Norm, a creditable result 6th out of the whole world!!!:-respekt:-congrats

Unfortunately I had another bad race and I have dropped out of the top 1000 my 2nd and 3rd drivers failed and I chose the wrong tyres again. Still I got my Kimi prediction correct. I'm OK with my performance this year I'm on the podium......({})
but how do I get down? do I have to jump?:-biglaugh:-applause:-bighappy

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
FINAL TABLE

Introducing the SupaLiga stars..

1st - F1 AberdeenNorm

Leading from day 1, Norm quickly built up a comfortable margin, and following the Monaco GP had a 40 point lead over then-2nd placed Stunts.

They never once wavered from scoring high, taking the top score on no less than 10 occasions, and the 2nd highest in 5 other races.

Such was the level of F1 Aberdeen’s performance that they were in with a real shout of being World Champions of Pure Fantasy F1, reaching as high as 4th in the standings after the race in Belgium. Eventually they finished 6th and 2nd overall in the UK Championship.

Norm not only won SupaLiga, but also the SL European Cup and SL Asia & Americas Cup, and also Copa SupaLiga (beating Super 25)! By virtue of winning SupaLiga, Norm is qualified to compete in PFF1 Cup 2008.

Finishing in true style, Norm recorded a SupaLiga record score in the last race of 2007 – 161 points.

The question is, can F1 Aberdeen be beaten in SupaLiga 2008?

2nd - Kreacher-Creatureskreacher

The Creatures’ path to 2nd in their debut season was not as care-free as F1 Aberdeen’s to the title.

After the opening race in Australia they were in 8th, but quickly raised their game to jump to 4th after Malaysia. After a blip in Bahrain, they were up to 3rd following the Spanish GP.

They stayed there, scoring 4 consecutive 100+ score, until 5 races later in France, where they overtook the Stunts to climb to 2nd.

Kreacher was made to fight to keep 2nd place – Topper’s Tossers outscored their fellow newbies at the European and Hungarian races, and the Tossers briefly stole 2nd place after Turkey.

However, the Creatures fought back, top scoring in Italy and Japan to push the Tossers back, and after China they had an easily defendable 39pt advantage.

The Creatures also came 9th in the Indian Championship.

Kreacher will be hoping to mount a major challenge to Norm in 2008, but a better start will be required.

3rd - Toppers Tossers – Topper

Topper was a new member of the league in 2007, and 3rd was, on balance, a very creditable finish, but it could have been even better.

7th after the season opening Australian GP, the Tossers were up to 6th in Malaysia, and jumped to 4th after Bahrain.

Following a stumble in Spain where they fell a place, the Tossers were back up to 4th in Monaco. They remained there until after the British race, where the rapidly declining Cunning Stunts allowed them to piggy-back up to 3rd.

The Tossers then went on an amazing run of three race in which they outscored champions F1 Aberdeen in the European GP, top scored in Hungary, and repeated that top scoring 126pts score in Turkey – they had now jumped up to 2nd over the Creatures.

This trail of hot form didn’t last unfortunately. They couldn’t reclaim 2nd after going back down to 3rd after the very next race in Italy, although they did top score in China, with (yes, you guessed it!) 126pts.

The Tossers ended the season with a larger budget then 2nd place Creature, but Topper will want more points for his bucks in 2008.

Also of note…

My own Super 25 team is the most improved team, 5 places higher in 2007 than the 2006 season.

Linhas achieved 7th place and 8th place in the Portuguese Championship, SupaLiga team Linhas BMW in 8th while Linhas’ ‘European Champions League’ team Linhas BMW 2007 was in 7th.

Although john_graydon’s SupaLiga team was not great this season, Johnny did find success in the Irish Championship with the 2nd Delights team which competes in the ‘Veyron Valley’ league – 34th in Ireland.

And finally, the new members in 2007 scored, on average, more points this season than the old members – 1451 to 1246.

From your league secretary…

Well done to Norm for raising the bar this year, beating you next year will be a mammoth effort!

Thank you to all the member of our league, your continued dedication to our little league keeps it interesting to compete in and write about.

I look forward to seeing you, and hopefully new members, in 2008!

COMING TO YOUR PM INBOX SOON > F1 SUPALIGA COMMITTEE VOTING…

Attachments

• F1 SL Final Full.jpg
    F1 SL Final Full.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 24
  • f1slfinalshortgi1.png
    f1slfinalshortgi1.png
    22.4 KB · Views: 30

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Will the controversy ever end this season? I have just read a report on teletext that states as follows:-
The race stewards are meeting to discuss the possible fuel irregularities in the BMW and Williams cars of Kubica and Heidfeld and Rosberg, if disqualified then by default Hamilton will have enough points to secure the title for 2007.

What a twist that would be :eek::)

Watch this space;)

Norm

Specialist Contributor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2m motorised, V Box, Technomate TM-5402HD.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
Analoguesat said:
Well done to our winner Norm for finishing 6th in the entire tournament! :)

6th wasn't too bad for a "rookie", I was within 30 points of 1st place!! The top 5 were also running multiple teams - for example the winner had entered 7 teams.

Shame the other rookie, Lewis Hamilton didn't do the bizz. Do you think Ferrari had a jamming device that screwed his engine software for 40 seconds - no, that would never happen!

Finally thanks to Salty for organising an excellent competition - your efforts are much appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well done Norm, excellent performance. :)