Join our F1 Fantasy League 2007!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Race Result | Full Story

Felipe Massa once again converted a pole into a win as the Brazilian took victory in Turkey ahead of team mate Kimi Raikkonen.

With Raikkonen brushing Hamilton away at the start, the Ferraris were never under threat and with Massa starting with more fuel, it was inevitable that the little Brazilian would take the chequered flag.

Hamilton followed the pair until 15 laps from the end, when his front right tyre ruptured, leaving Lewis to limp his way to the pits as the renegade rubber smashed repeatedly into the bodywork.

Hamilton was lucky though, he had built up a substantial lead over the chasing pack and only Alonso and Heidfeld overtook him. Lewis finished 5th. Alonso, who had struggled back from the start when he dropped to 6th, retained 3rd until the end, as did Heidfeld for 4th.

Kovalainen finished 6th, the Finn in Hamilton’s mirrors, whilst Rosberg and Kubica took the 3 other Championship points on offer.

Drivers’ Championship

Hamilton’s advantage over Alonso has been cut to 5 points, LH on 84. Massa is 10 points behind Alonso, Raikkonen a point further.

Constructers’ Championship

McLaren were able to improve upon their total again after their suspension in Hungary, now on 148pts, but Ferrari continue to diminish their lead, the reds now with 137pts.

SupaLiga 2007

UPDATED SHORT TABLE
(Full table available in attachment)

F1 Aberdeen continue to destroy the opposition in the league, recording the 2nd highest race score in SupaLiga with 143pts in Istanbul – Norm is now up to 5th overall in Pure FF1 and 28pts off the top.

It was a story of chop n’ change in the top 5, with Topper moving up to 2nd for the first time with a points of 126 for the second race in a row, ending Kreacher’s 4-race reign in the top 2. The Stunts stay in 3rd, returning to form with 105pts, and they are rejoined in the top 5 by my own team, Super 25, who displace Linhas BMW to 6th.

The big jumper today is Tom34, up 2 places with a season high 76pts.

Copa SupaLiga 2007, Round 2, 2nd Leg

Burnin’ Rubber 109-84 Draconigen – Burnin’ Rubber win 185-153 on aggregate
F1 Aberdeen 143-98 Kreacher-Creatures – F1 Aberdeen win 269-218 agg.
HondaWilliams 104-76 Tom34 – HondaWilliams win 212-130 agg.
ScotBordersF1 90-54 Johnny’s Delights – ScotBordersF1 win 188-116 agg.
Super 25 111-96 Linhas BMW – Super 25 win 228-218 agg.
Toppers Tossers 126-101 Patience – Toppers Tossers win 252-186 agg.
TSU 77-102 Team Oily – Team Oily win 226-176 agg.

Quarter Final Draw:

Burnin’ Rubber vs. Team Oily
F1 Aberdeen vs. HondaWilliams
Speedy Devils vs. ScotBordersF1
Super 25 vs. Toppers Tossers

All the expected teams advanced, but the Burnin’ Rubber and Speedy Devils ties should be very close in the Quarters.

NEXT RACE > ITALIAN GRAND PRIX @ MONZA > SEPTEMBER 9

Attachments

• F1SL Post-Turkey Full Table.jpg
    F1SL Post-Turkey Full Table.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 17
  • f1slpostturkeyshorttabldp3.png
    f1slpostturkeyshorttabldp3.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 14

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Moved up another place,just think if i'd started the 1st 2 races where i could have been ;)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 10.00 GMT (10am) / 11.00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup for the Gran Premio d'Italia.

To make changes, including qualifying position which must be submitted prior to every race, access the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga webpage | Pure Fantasy F1 Full Rules | Rules on Points Scoring
Rules on Team Selection | List of TV Broadcasters
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Italian Grand Prix timetable:
Friday Practice 1 - 09.00-10.30 GMT / 10.00-11.30 CET
Friday Practice 2 - 13.00-14.30 GMT / 14.00-15.30 CET
Saturday Practice - 10.00-11.00 GMT / 11.00-12.00 CET
Saturday Qualifying - 13.00 GMT / 14.00 CET
Sunday Race - 13.00 GMT / 14.00 CET

Other News

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well if what the press are speculatively reporting actually takes place and Mclaren are thrown out of this years championship plus 2008 and 2009 in the impending hearing what will happen here!
If all points were withdrawn then this championship could be turned on its head Humping;) In the real one Ferrari would win automatically and BMW would probably be second.

I think there is far too much speculation by the press these days they are making news by creating possible scenarios when they should be just reporting on the Known facts

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I just do not believe McLaren will actually be thrown out. What is more likely is that McLaren will be disqualified from the Constructors' Championship.

In any case, this won't affect SupaLiga as points are counted as if McLaren were in the Constructors' Championship, even if they're are not, but if McLaren were thrown out, then of course you wouldn't score any points for McLaren or their drivers as they wouldn't be racing to score points.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Official Race Result | Full Story

Fernando Alonso chipped away more of Lewis Hamilton’s Championship lead as the champion took the chequered flag this afternoon at Monza.

At the front of the grid from the start, there was never any real doubt that Alonso would win, and the 6 second final lead over 2nd place Hamilton slightly flattered the Brit.

Hamilton, to his credit, probably takes the ‘moment of the day’ award for his overtaking of Raikkonen on lap 42. Having returned to the track from his second stop, Hamilton was behind Kimi, but just 2 laps later, Lewis engineered the most audacious move, taking the Finn totally by surprise going into turn 1, passing to Kimi’s right, both locked their wheels but Lewis successfully completed the move turning in.

Raikkonen finished 3rd, jumping above Ferrari colleague Felipe Massa in the standing, as Massa’s race was unceremoniously cut short 10 laps in when the Brazilian suffered suspension difficulties after encountering debris from Coulthard’s earlier retirement as a result of splitting of the front wing.

BMW pair Heidfeld and Kubica were 4th and 5th, Nico Rosberg 6th, and Kovalainen’s superior race tactics saw the Finn beat 8th place Jenson Button to 7th.

Drivers’ Championship

Hamilton now leads Alonso by 3 points, 92pts to 89, and Raikkonen now has the upper hand on team mate Massa, Kimi with a total of 74 to Massa’s 69.

Constructers’ Championship

Another 1-2 for McLaren may well give the Woking outfit an advantage which Ferrari will find impossible to overcome, McLaren with 166pts to Ferraris 143.

SupaLiga 2007

UPDATED SHORT TABLE
(Full table available in attachment)

Norm’s dominance is coming to its fruition now, 134pts this Sunday, he now leads Kreacher by 173pts and is virtually assured of securing the European Cup. Kreacher is 2nd by virtue of achieving the highest score this race, 139pts for the Creatures. As a result, Topper’s Tossers drop back to 3rd.

My very own Super 25 managed 133pts and Derek’s Stunts are in serious danger of dropping out of the top 4 should their poor form continue.

The top score in the bottom 9 was ScotBorders 96pts, a season best, while the other movers were Tom34, whose late season revival has seen him move up to 16th, knocking Chris down a place.

Copa SupaLiga 2007, Quarter Finals, 1st Leg

Team Oily 115-107 Burnin’ Rubber
Toppers Tossers 113-133 Super 25
HondaWilliams 107-134 F1 Aberdeen
ScotBordersF1 96-86 Speedy Devils

NEXT RACE > BELGIAN GRAND PRIX @ SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS > SEPTEMBER 16

An Apology

Sorry for the lack of a qualifying report yesterday, international football, cooking, and visitors all got in the way (how inconvenient!).

Attachments

• F1SL Post-Italia Full Table.jpg
    F1SL Post-Italia Full Table.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 16
  • f1slpostitaliashorttableo8.png
    f1slpostitaliashorttableo8.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 17

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Another mediocre performance from my hopeless team

:-lmao

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Analoguesat said:
Another mediocre performance from my hopeless team

:-lmao

It probably won't help to remind you that you finished 12th last season then :p

I feel sorry for Tom34 though, he finished 6th last season and it's all gone down hill for him, complete mystery.

Here's the final standing from last season, it's amazing how alot of us have done more or less as well as last season:

F1 SupaLiga 2006
1 Speedy Devils RedDevil_UK 466
2 pipjack johnappleby 445
3 bronking buckos Sir Bronking 390
4 IG Racing T_G 389
5 F1 Aberdeen Norm 373
6 Tom34 Tom34 370
7 Honda/Williams kleefarr 364
8 Team Oily Oily 352
9 Super 25 Salty 25 350
10 Burnin' Rubber rolfw 340
11 Jose`s Marinos john_graydon 337
12 Team Carros Analougesat 323
13 Draconigen MattJ 321
14 Wolfs bangers wolfav 317
15 The Smeg Ups Lancelot 298
16 (17) GameboyUK gameboy 274
17 (18) Bussola's dream team Bussola 252

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
And don't forget there is a rookie in third place but I do not know how.... especially today after my no 2 driver did not get very far in the race. I just retired him as his reactions are too slow he too long in the tooth and chin:p

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
DEADLINE - SATURDAY 10.00 GMT (10am) / 11.00 CET

Please make changes to your team lineup for the ING Belgian Grand Prix.

To make changes, including qualifying position which must be submitted prior to every race, access the league homepage.

F1 SupaLiga webpage | Pure Fantasy F1 Full Rules | Rules on Points Scoring
Rules on Team Selection | List of TV Broadcasters
(All PFF1 pages are also visible in German)

Belgian Grand Prix timetable:
Friday Practice 1 - 09.00-10.30 GMT / 10.00-11.30 CET
Friday Practice 2 - 13.00-14.30 GMT / 14.00-15.30 CET
Saturday Practice - 10.00-11.00 GMT / 11.00-12.00 CET
Saturday Qualifying - 13.00 GMT / 14.00 CET
Sunday Race - 13.00 GMT / 14.00 CET

Other News

Thursday D-day for McLaren, Hamilton - Not up for trip to Job Centre, Fuji & Suzuka share race, And finally... Schumi - Drink Barcadi, just not drive as well!

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
The World Motor Sport Council has ruled that McLaren did gain an advantage from an exchange of Ferrari data between then Ferrari engineer Nigel Stepney and McLaren chief designer Mike Coughlan.

The WMSC have punished McLaren with the following penalities:

o-O McLaren are BANNED from the 2007 World Constructors' Championship, all points gained are wiped.

o-O McLaren are fined $US100,000,000 (£49.5m), including prize money and television contracts.

o-O McLaren will have to make their 2008 car available for examination by the FIA prior to the 2008 season.

However, McLaren driver Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton are still free to race and compete in the Drivers' Championship, and keep all the points gained in that Championship thus far.

WMSC called the hearing after new evidence came to light:

1) Email exchanges between Mike Coughlan (who was original given the Ferrari data by Nigel Stepney) and driver Fernando Alonso and Pedro de la Rosa - If proven, this contradicts McLaren's earlier defence that Coughlan never passed the data on to other McLaren staff.

2) Italian police communication evidence which details telephone calls which took place between Coughlan and Stepney a long after the initial data exchange.

----------------------------------------------------

McLaren's Constructors' Championship ban will have no bearing on Pure Fantasy F1 or F1 SupaLiga. The following excerpt from the rules state:

"The race scores are taken after the chequered flag from the official FIA web site. Changes after the race because of disqualifications or something like that do not have any influences on the Pure Fantasy F1 points."

As such, McLaren's team performance will be treated as if they were able to score points, so if for example Ron Dennis is your team manager, you will still gain points for McLaren performances.

----------------------------------------------------

Believe me, I'm no Ferrari fan, but I feel if McLaren were deemed guilty, how come their drivers go unpunished when they gained an advantage from the stolen data? I think maybe they should have had their points docked as well, maybe to the same total as Felipe Massa.

None the less, I still support Lewis! What do you think of all this?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I have to say there has to be more going on here than meets the eye. The punishment does not seem appropriate for the crime from what little we have been so far told about this case. I can remember a very embarrassing for Ferrari many years ago when they were enhancing the fuel with additives but they did not even get a fine let alone constructor points wiped out. There has to be something else happening here not one decision makes any sense.
If they are guilty of something then they must show the public what they are guilty of because to strip Mclaren of the points and leave the drivers alone suggests that the drivers had little benefit from whatever it was. Or are they afraid of the public backlash if they did remove the top two drivers from the championship?
Unfortunately it is another ridiculous case of intellectual property rights and none of that makes any sense to me. The cars use an internal combustion engine, four wheels, the same tyres the same fuels and are all governed by the same rules and regulations, what kind of information could have been so top secret as to justify a points removal and at least $100 million fine some estimates are more like $170 miliion. It just does not add up at all.
Jackie Stewart before the hearing seemed to think that there was a witch hunt going on, driven by Ferrari. This is his latest statement
I also think that for Ferrari to say they are "satisfied with the punishment" suggests they are comfortable with the fact that they will have little or no competition for next season which will probably just about kill off the sport altogether.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
According to the BBC News website an interesting fact came to light - the Ferrari car that won the first race of the season was deemed illegal after the race. They were told to change it for the second race but I havent heard of any penalty being applied to them have you?

The whole thing stinks to high heaven, and seems to me to be favouring Ferrari yet again. Berni Ecc made a very telling point when interviewed on the start line last Sunday He made a comment something a long the lines of

"No disrespect to the smaller teams but if this had happened between Toro Rosso and Super Aguri no-one would care in the slightest"

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Analoguesat said:
According to the BBC News website an interesting fact came to light - the Ferrari car that won the first race of the season was deemed illegal after the race. They were told to change it for the second race but I havent heard of any penalty being applied to them have you?

The whole thing stinks to high heaven, and seems to me to be favouring Ferrari yet again. Berni Ecc made a very telling point when interviewed on the start line last Sunday He made a comment something a long the lines of

"No disrespect to the smaller teams but if this had happened between Toro Rosso and Super Aguri no-one would care in the slightest"

Yeah, Bernie is rarely the problem, Max Mosley is the arse!

I think the constructors' penalty is fair enough, but the fine is really damaging and you have to wonder how that can be justified.

And let us not forget that Mosley has said he'd like Jean Todt to succeed him as FIA president - that just can't be right.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Trully explosive, attached! Must read! Includes emails!

(Courtesy of Formula1.com)

----------------------------------

And now for something completely different - I've noticed rather belatedly that I've spelt 'constructors'' incorrectly all season. Of course, I'm blaming the readership for not correcting me earlier :p

Attachments

• 17844641__WMSC_Decision_130907.pdf
    91.9 KB · Views: 20

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Salty25 said:

And now for something completely different - I've noticed rather belatedly that I've spelt 'constructors'' incorrectly all season. Of course, I'm blaming the readership for not correcting me earlier :p

I was bowing to superior knowledge Salty as I do not have a degree In English language :pthat's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :-rofl2

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Salty25 said:
Yeah, Bernie is rarely the problem, Max Mosley is the arse!
Max has a great deal to answer for and seems hell bent on destroying formula 1, never have liked him, perhaps I'm jealous
What I find sad in all this is that every team that has money has development plans and every team that finds a successful modification subsequently finds other teams copying it a few days, weeks or months later, therefore why is all this any different. I remember pneumatic cams being developed then the seamless gearboxes, first one team had them then all of them as finances allowed. The inflating of the tyres business which is the reason Ferrari were so dominant last season is down to the authorities having failed to have it written in the rules that the tyres are inflated with a specific gas mixture and nothing else. The whole point of competition is that the edge is gained one way or another. The fact that chief designers are allowed to move from team to team and take their knowledge and experience with them is testament to the fact that all teams cheat to get what they want. I am not justifying the actions of the two drivers at all I do not understand why those involved have not been punished, their only real mistake was in being caught. What I am saying though is let he who is not a sinner cast the first stone. Oooo look no stones ;)

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Topper said:
I was bowing to superior knowledge Salty as I do not have a degree In English language :pthat's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :-rofl2

Nice comeback :) I'd cut your team budget for that if I could, but alas I can't, and my last name isn't Mosley :D I was reading Mosley's bio on Wikipedia, I has no idea he was a son of Oswald Mosley! Probably explains alot.

The fact is, and everyone knows it, is that it is part of the culture in the sport for teams to try to get info on the competition. You'll see teams sending out personnel across the paddock to literaly have a look at the other cars during Friday practice.

However, I very much doubt that this sort of data exchange and line of communication is commonplace, and this is almost definitely the most 'high-up' in the chain. As Bernie said, if this had been Super Aguri and Toro Rosso, nothing would have been done, which suggests that this incident isn't completely isolated.

As I said, it is still shocking to outsiders looking in that the drivers were so flippant in their discussion regarding Ferrari data (the world champions Alonso no less), especially the use of commonication tech - email, phone call, texts. They know they are breaking rules, you would have thought they'd be covert about it.

What I really do believe to be against the spirit of the sport is the race-day communcation - McLaren knowing Ferrari strategy just can't be right. I think that is the most damaging detail, even more so than the dossier and car data.

It might be rather poignant to remember that the discovery of the dossier, which started it all off, was made by an employee at a photocopying shop near Woking where Coughlan's wife took it to be copied! Blame Trudy :D!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Salty25 said:
Nice comeback :) I'd cut your team budget for that if I could
Its ok you will not have to do that to beat me as I missed a trick in the last race and that has compromised the rest of my season :eek:

Fancy sending the wife out to have it copied at ProntoprintHumpingHumping:-rofl2:-rofl2:-Nooo

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Topper said:
Its ok you will not have to do that to beat me as I missed a trick in the last race and that has compromised the rest of my season :eek:

Fancy sending the wife out to have it copied at ProntoprintHumpingHumping:-rofl2:-rofl2:-Nooo

Missed a trick??? You'll have to PM, don't worry, I won't send out the old dear to photocopy that :D

Yeah, you'd have thought that would have been the most obvious thing not to do:

a) Ask a photocopy shop to copy documents which state on it in big black writing 'Ferrari F1 Team - Highly Confidential'

:cool: Ask the wife to do it :p

Amazing really, these guys are trusted with multi-million budgets!