Magicsat not locking on to Astra 28,2E

PGB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Teleco Magic Sat 2002A in Camping Car with 85cm dish this is connected to a Sky digibox.
My Location
Expat in France
July 5, 2010
Hi Boatahome,

How to modify the criteria of Astra 28 Satellite on the Magicsat 2002A system using the remote control only

1) Switch on the system; make sure that it is set to the programme number that you normally use to get Sky.
2) When the antenna starts to move press the stop key to stop the antenna
3) Press the menu key to get the main menu screen
4) Move the cursor up to the ‘Locked Menu’ position and press the ‘1’ key 4 times to unlock the menus
5) Move the cursor to Programmes and press the menu to select.
6) Select AUXILIARY, and press menu to select
7) Select Sat Name, (this should show Astra 28E SE). Using the left/right cursor keys, change the satellite to Astra 28E NE.
8) Press Memo on the remote to store the new settings.
9) Select Programme Menu, and press menu to select
10) Select Main Menu, and press menu to select
11) Then Select Locked menu and press ‘1’ key 4 times to re-lock the menus.
12) Exit Menu
13) Close the dish down by pressing the ‘down’ key. Once this is completed you have now stored the new data.
14) Restart the Magicsat and it will now search using this new data.

DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER DATA

Please respond to this post to let others know that it has worked for you.

Regards

Peter B

Boatahome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Teleco Magicsat 50 cm. 2002A connected to Pace Javelin Sky Box on a 62' Narrowboat all working on 12 volts and a Teleco Magicsat 65 cm 2002A connected to Pace Javelin Sky Box in a Frankia I8000BD Motorhome all working 12 volts also.
My Location
England
Peter B, sad to say it has not worked for me but to add to the mystery I am now receiving ZDF after changing as per your instuctions, this is normally broadcast on Astra 19E so the mystery deepens, I feel that there is yet another setting that requires changing, could you look on your RECEIVER SET UP in the VIDEO section and tell me what frequency it is set to mine is LNB 1, 10964 Mhz, H, None, High, so appreciate your time and trouble and look forward to your reply. Boatahome

g8eph

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
moterised teleco system on a narrow boat used in uk
My Location
uk
I also have a simlar system (on a narrow boat currently on the K&a) which is playing up and has been for the last few weeks I have tried all the above mods plus all those advised by the UK importers and ITALIAN factory so they are aware and have said they will be back to me today

Boatahome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Teleco Magicsat 50 cm. 2002A connected to Pace Javelin Sky Box on a 62' Narrowboat all working on 12 volts and a Teleco Magicsat 65 cm 2002A connected to Pace Javelin Sky Box in a Frankia I8000BD Motorhome all working 12 volts also.
My Location
England
Hi g8elp welcome to the Magicsat 2002A problem page, please post any information you get from Teleco so we can get our units working again finding Astra 28.2, . We are on the Oxford at the moment but will be on the Thames in the next few days and heading in your direction, will keep looking for your posting and keep you informed where we are. Regards for now Boatahome

PGB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Teleco Magic Sat 2002A in Camping Car with 85cm dish this is connected to a Sky digibox.
My Location
Expat in France
Before I placed my post regarding 28.2E NE, I tried I several times and moving my camper from north/south to east/west, and it found sky every time. I am sorry to say that it does not now work.
I think it is time that TELCO came up with an answer to this problem.

PGB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Expat in France
I phoned Teleco UK agents this morning and informed them of the problem that we are all having.
They will contact Teleco in Italy and then place a post on this thread.

PGB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Expat in France
I have just received an email from Teleco UK Agents, with the following NEW criteria. It is very important that you change both the criteria for Astra 19 and Astra 28,2E

How to modify the criteria of Astra 28 Satellite on the Magicsat 2002A system using the remote control only

1) Switch on the system
4) Move the cursor up to the ‘Locked Menu’ position and press the ‘1’ key 4 times
to unlock the menus
5) Press the ‘8’ key 4 times to obtain the hidden ‘Magicsat menu’.
6) Move the cursor to ‘research criteria’ and press menu to select.
7) Move the cursor to ‘Sat name’ and use the left and right cursor keys to find ‘Astra 28’
8) Move the cursor to ‘Criteria’ and select number ‘1’ check all 5 criteria against the following table and modify as necessary.

Criteria Frequency Pol. Signal Mode
1 12207 MHZ V Y Digital
2 10714 MHZ H N Analog
3 11322 MHZ V N Analog
4 11307 MHZ H Y Digital
5 •••

9) Move the cursor to ‘Sat name’ and use the left and right cursor keys to find ‘Astra 19’
10) Move the cursor to ‘Criteria’ and select number ‘1’ check all 5 criteria against the following table and modify as necessary.

1 11494 MHZ H Y Analog
2 10964 MHZ H Y Analog
3 •••
4 •••
5 •••

11) Note. Any changes necessary are only performed using the left/right cursor keys. They can not be added using the number pad.
12) As long as Criteria 5 has 3 dots shown in the ‘Signal’ position the other data for this criteria does not matter.
13) Once all the data has been checked/modified, press the ‘memo’ key. You will get a message on the screen saying ‘Data Stored’
14) Exit from all menu’s.
15) Once you are back to the main menu move the cursor back to the ‘locked menu’ position and press the ‘1’ key 4 times. This will re-lock the menu’s.
16) Close the dish down by pressing the ‘down’ key. Once this is completed you have now stored the new data.
17) Restart the Magicsat and it will now search using this new data.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nice bit of info PGB, why not click on the "Blog this Post Icon and add a link back to this thread.

PGB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Expat in France
rolfw said:
Nice bit of info PGB, why not click on the "Blog this Post Icon and add a link back to this thread.

I would if I new how to. I cant find "Blog this post Icon

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
PGB said:
I would if I new how to. I cant find "Blog this post Icon

In the bar under each post, Promote this Article Thanks Blog this post

Boatahome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Peter B thank you so much for this information, please let it work, I am home for a few days at the moment so will configure the Motorhome then will be back at the boat next week and will do that then, hold your breath for some results, I will promise to let you know how I get on, hope other 2002A users get some positive results with this new criteria. Regards Boatahome

PGB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Expat in France
Boatahome said:
Peter B thank you so much for this information, please let it work, I am home for a few days at the moment so will configure the Motorhome then will be back at the boat next week and will do that then, hold your breath for some results, I will promise to let you know how I get on, hope other 2002A users get some positive results with this new criteria. Regards Boatahome

Thanks for your response, Boatahome. I have set mine up and it works OK. This has been the fix that we have been waiting for and I am sure that it will work for you and others. Look foreword to your confirmation.

Peter B

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Magicsat2002a
My Location
Margate
It also worked for me too, thank you for finding out the information and passing it on mark

pampers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
telco magicsat 2002a with freeview I am using a windows laptop
My Location
somerset
Can anybody help I have a magicsat 2002a motorised dish with a freesat box, I followed helidaves settings and yes it worked superb whilst we were on holiday in Cornwall. I tried it again the other day but when I turn the telco box on and the telly for some reason I am not getting the red page on the telly so it wont allow me to gain access to the menu. The dish appears to lock onto a satelite but I have a feeling its not the right satelite, Because I cant get to the menus I don't know if its locking onto astra 28.2e any info would be great

Boatahome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Peter B, So sorry to say this new criteria has not been the 'magic bullet' that I had hoped for, out of 30 attempts the dish on the boat has locked onto Astra 28 twice, every other time it seems to lock on then 'checking satellite' flashes on the screen about 6 times then the dish twitches a few times and goes back into search mode again and keeps doing that over and over again never actually locking on, I have checked and re-checked the criteria and it is correct confirmed by the fact that it locked on just the twice, if I select Astra 19 it searches and finds it straight away so I know I have no cable or LNB problems but all the programs are in German, as you may imagine I am now at a total loss to know what the next move is but as we are out on the boat until mid September I will leave contacting the agent until then and hope there is another reason why we are still having problems, can I thank you for the information you have extracted from Teleco and their agent and hope your system continues to work OK, if you have any ideas they would be most welcome, Regards Boatahome

Boatahome

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
England
Pampers good afternoon, what need to do is tune the television in to the Teleco page, find the manual tuning menu on your TV via the remote control and then press the red button on your Teleco Remote Control and while the dish is searching manually tune the TV until the red page appears, this you will have to do a few times letting the dish go up and down as the red page disappears shortly after the satellite is found (remember if your telly has automatic search it will detune the Teleco page each time you engage auto search then you will have to retune again with the above method again) Remember to tune into a channel you do not watch normal TV eg Channel 9 and do not forget to save it via the remote control. Good Luck Boatahome

PGB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Expat in France
Hi Boatahome and Magicsat users,

I have just returned from a short break, in my camper and have also suffered from the loss of Astra 28.2 signal. I have just come off the phone to Scan Terieur Ltd, the agents for Teleco. They have informed me that Teleco in Italy are on holiday until the end of August. They will email them to inform of the new problem, but do not expect a response before September. As soon as they have an answer, they will email me and I will place a post on this forum.

Regards PeterB

pampers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
telco magicsat 2002a with freeview I am using a windows laptop
My Location
somerset
Hello Boatahome thank you for your advice I will give it a go this coming bank holiday I will report back to let you know how it goes I had it working as I said so I know there isnt an issue with any of the connections so wish me luck Thank you once again.

g8eph

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
moterised teleco system on a narrow boat used in uk
My Location
uk
Just a note to give you my latest information - my 2002A was updated with the information given to me by Teleco which was the same as previously listed. This data was sent to me after I had sent them the serial number of my unit (my unit is about 7/8 years old and is the square box about 13" x 3" x 8" I am wondering if it is just this unit that is giving this problem rather than the more modern style). After the update the unit had been working perfectly until yesterday, I can confirm that Teleco are on holiday until the beginning of September after which they hopefully will send us more information.

Currently on Kennett and Avon Canal near Newbury (NB Tihso). Trying to make other arrangements for TV.

PGB

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Expat in France
Hi
I have just received this update from Teleco Agent. I have tried it and it works. Lets hope Sky don't change things again.

How to modify the criteria of Astra 28 Satellite and Astra 19 on the Magicsat 2002A
system using the remote control only

1) Switch on the system
4) Move the cursor up to the ‘Locked Menu’ position and press the ‘1’ key 4 times to unlock the menus
5) Press the ‘8’ key 4 times to obtain the hidden ‘Magicsat menu’.
6) Move the cursor to ‘research criteria’ and press menu to select.
7) Move the cursor to ‘Sat name’ and use the left and right cursor keys to find ‘Astra 28’
8) Move the cursor to ‘Criteria’ and select number ‘1’ check all 5 criteria against the following table and modify as necessary.

1 12207 MHZ V Y Digital
2 10714 MHZ H N Analog
3 11200 MHZ V N Digital
4 11307 MHZ H Y Digital
5 •••

9) Move the cursor to ‘Sat name’ and use the left and right cursor keys to find ‘Astra 19’
10) Move the cursor to ‘Criteria’ and select number ‘1’ check all 5 criteria against the following table and modify as necessary.

1 11494 MHZ H Y Analog
2 10964 MHZ H Y Analog
3 •••
4 •••
5 •••

11) Note. Any changes necessary are only performed using the left/right cursor keys. They can not be added using the number pad.
12) As long as any Criteria has 3 dots shown in the ‘Signal’ position the other data for this criteria does not matter.
13) Once all the data has been checked/modified, press the ‘memo’ key. You will get a message on the screen saying ‘Data Stored’
14) Exit from all menu’s.
15) Once you are back to the main menu move the cursor back to the ‘locked menu’ position and press the ‘1’ key 4 times. This will re-lock the menu’s.
16) Close the dish down by pressing the ‘down’ key. Once this is completed you have now stored the new data.
17) Restart the Magicsat and it will now search using this new data.