Advice Needed Motorised Dish Issue

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Not really sure when it was a fixed dish I would happily lock onto hotbird and 22w and 30 w
Should of taken these photos when the dish was zero'd
If you can get on the roof, this should give you an idea of how the motor should look on the pole

Attachments

• Rear.JPG
    Rear.JPG
    671.1 KB · Views: 42

nashman123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized 80 cm dish
Selfsat Antennas
My Location
Southwest Germany
Seems to be a clone of the Premium X motor I have.

The manual is really confusing at best and the chart/table at the end even more. Had the same problem some weeks ago when I installed mine. Motor elevation (the black metal thingy) should be adjusted according to your real latitude (52) as others already stated. Dish declination can be calculated with the chart but my experience was to totally ignore that one (as the scale on my dish is more or less rubbish anyway) and adjust it so the signal is peaking on one or more - not so strong - satellite(s). Regarding true south @Terryl already said what needs to be done :)

Fine tuning it later for all positions is the real problem anyway.

Last edited:

Markjose

Young one with a hobby
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triax 110 ..... No fixed location
My Location
Monmouth
Good news I was able to find 20mins yesterday in the rain when at home too, to adjust and it worked !! now will wait for the rain to pass to do more adjustments, and finish the setup configurations on the stb.

cwsat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 85cm / Dragonsat 3000 motor / Inverto Black Ultra LNB
My Location
Midlands
Seems to be a clone of the Premium X motor I have.

The manual is really confusing at best and the chart/table at the end even more. Had the same problem some weeks ago when I installed mine. Motor elevation (the black metal thingy) should be adjusted according to your real latitude (52) as others already stated. Dish declination can be calculated with the chart but my experience was to totally ignore that one (as the scale on my dish is more or less rubbish anyway) and adjust it so the signal is peaking on one or more - not so strong - satellite(s). Regarding true south @Terryl already said what needs to be done :)

Fine tuning it later for all positions is the real problem anyway.
I have exactly the same motor, but it's badged a Dragonsat. The user manual caused much confusion when I was setting it up.

I am considering switching to a TM motor it as I don't like the arm on the motor being 'slippy'. Got a feeling my dish is moving on it in strong winds.