Pictures of Members' Systems

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Tom Mountford said:
Here's some larger shots of the monitoring area, this isn't its full time purpose... I'm a video editor during working hours, hence the various bits of broadcast kit. It just seemed wrong to have a flat roof, a whole load of sky and a racks room without a bloody big dish to complete the picture!

T.

Big :-respekt, that is a serious Geek Pit you got there! I don't know what all this equipment is you got there, but it looks like something good to have :p

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Tom Mountford said:
I'm a video editor during working hours

Serious kit - what do you edit on 'Avid' or the like?

Amazing how the technology has evolved in the video edit field - has moved from high end to home PC. Same thing happened with desk top publishing - the equipment became cheap and home PC compatible.

With DTP everyone thought they could design - just because they had the tools (I don't think so!).
Same thing will happen with desktop video - until people realise, it's talent, not equipment that creates great work.

IMHO

Tom Mountford

Reaction score
Website
www.mediatart.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised dish
Technomate TM1000-CI
Scientific Atlanta 9225
Scientific Atlanta 9661
Sony UVW Beta SP VTR
My Location
Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Hi Gameboy... nice to see you've got a G5! We abandoned using Avid a while ago - I use Final Cut Pro HD Studio on a dual 2.7GHz G5.

stevienire

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000D + Moteck SG2100a + 85CM Dish
My Location
Northern Ireland
My motorised zone 2 mini dish

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nice neat installation stevienire, looks good, will add it to the attachments after chris has uploaded the attachment files tonight. :)

J

Jeff_19341

Well done simonuk, I hope that you get some positive results with that set up after all your past troubles.

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Very professional and clean setup you have Tom!

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
On my new house, 3 feeds from 28 east, 1 each from 28/19/13 east into switch and down into the house.

Professional installation and apparently extremely strong reception ;)

:-beer as I move in tomorrow, finally....! :D

Leee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ v2 (120Gb); DM7020Si*motorised; PC/S2-3200
My Location
47°N/8°E/490m
Oh, and in my cellar there is a modulator inserting two feeds into the cable TV network. Sadly only two-channel sound but to all TV sockets in the house :)

Picture of that puppy to come.... :)

Tom Mountford

Reaction score
Website
www.mediatart.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised dish
Technomate TM1000-CI
Scientific Atlanta 9225
Scientific Atlanta 9661
Sony UVW Beta SP VTR
My Location
Norwich, Norfolk, UK
How about this for a sh*t-hot assembly! Sadly it’s not a member’s setup, and I only wish I could claim it as mine – it does in fact belong to Anglia TV (or to be more precise Granada Media). The Anglia TV dish is a bit of a landmark in Norwich as it looks out over two sets of busy traffic lights. I think it’s a 3.5m prime-focus, but it’s filthy and I’ve certainly never seen it pointing in any other direction – if you look closely at the enclosures mounted to its tripod they’re quite badly eaten away by rust. I’m not exactly sure how long it’s been up the pedestal in the car park but I guess it must be 20+ years. A colleague of mine is related to someone at Anglia and rumour has it this is no longer in broadcast operation but simply feeds a portable TV in someone’s office… I shall dig further.

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
I could take a couple of shots here in Setubal to show the abandoned 1.5m & 2m dishes from the pre-digital era!

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
Thought I show a piccy of my 'main' PC! (TM 1500 & DVD recorder on desktop), pretty humdrum, but I hope you'll be impressed by the shelf dedicated to extensions and plugs..... 22 plugs (+ 3 more on l/h side), 25 in total :eek: .
Scares the missus to death O-Ha ....
Second PC in same bedroom less impressive, just a spare really :cool: .... another 2 PC's for the kids, 1 in my workshop and a laptop downstairs (No serial port, hence Apollo OTA), all networked.
Phoenix Apollo,sky+ & DVD recorder downstairs.... and god forbid a 'Normal' 28" TV (not even widescreen!), My choice :rolleyes:

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
That has to be the most compact set-up I've seen - you certainly have everything you need to hand.

Great.

stealthpirate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super (upstairs), Phoenix Apollo MC (downstairs) both running off a cheapo 80cm dish with a twin output monoblock 13° & 19.2°. Sky+ (downstairs) piped 'round the house.
My Location
Yorkshire
gameboy said:
That has to be the most compact set-up I've seen - you certainly have everything you need to hand.

Great.

Cheers Gameboy son, No consoles though ;).... modded 1000's of psx, ps1, ps2, xbox's, but don't actually own one myself (can't get into them!, only ever played 2 games to the end, MDK & Quake II on PC!!!).
Compact being the ness', not the choice.... could do with a spare bedroom..... Eldest off to uni' this year, I've got plans for a new super computer/satellite room :D .

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Here's mine,i'll get some without the ladder.I've got to wire in the Sky dish in yet but check out that blue sky.Who says its grim ooop north ;)

J

Jeff_19341

Nice set up Oily, with good clear view of the arc by the looks of it .

One thing though, and this is my own opinion, I would never put the top bracket that high up on a gable end wall. I've seen half a gable end pulled out in high winds with a 80cm dish mounted that high.

JuMbuCk:)

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
Ooops,well,its about time i claimed on my insurance;)

Thanks for the comments.Goes to the motor limit east,I can get to about 45w,it's then about an inch or two from the tiles

J

Jeff_19341

Sorry about that remark Oily, but the ex father in law had a cowboy put a 80cm dish up high on the middle of a gable end. He lived in Torquay, Devon half way up a hill. During one of their gales in the 90's lost over 9 rows of bricks. The more rows of bricks above the brackets the stronger the anchor. Hope that you do not have a problem. Not much worth looking at past 45* west anyhow.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
JuMbuCk said:
Sorry about that remark Oily, but the ex father in law had a cowboy put a 80cm dish up high on the middle of a gable end. He lived in Torquay, Devon half way up a hill. During on of their gales in the 90's lost over 9 rows of bricks. The more rows of bricks above the brackets the stronger the anchor. Hope that you do not have a problem. Not much worth looking at past 45* west anyhow.

Not a problem.. only rains in manchester anyhow..

LOL

Nice setup mate :)

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Radcliffe
JuMbuCk said:
Sorry about that remark Oily, but the ex father in law had a cowboy put a 80cm dish up high on the middle of a gable end. He lived in Torquay, Devon half way up a hill. During on of their gales in the 90's lost over 9 rows of bricks. The more rows of bricks above the brackets the stronger the anchor. Hope that you do not have a problem. Not much worth looking at past 45* west anyhow.

No problem Jumbuck,nice to hear other peoples experiences and what we can learn from them.If i have to move it for any reason i will lower the top bracket.