Yet another old toy...

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I found something out about my phone last night, it can receive tests but cannot send or reply to them!!! :eek:

Ah well, if I can get free minutes on O2 then that'll be fine... :D

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
2cvbloke said:
Well, I haven't got the SIM I bought just yet, but I remembered I had an O2 SIM in my old Nokia 5110 (pictured), so I carefully placed the popped-out SIM into a Virgin Mobile SIM carrier and popped it into the phone and hey presto!!! It works!!! :D

Although the SIM had no credit.... :eek::D

WOW a nokia 402 (right).. not seen one of those for a long time.. they used to be good to operate, the signal was great.

Was very upset when i upgraded to a 3210 from the 402, the new phone wasnt very good at keeping its signal and battery wasnt very good..

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Yeshi said:
WOW a nokia 402 (right).. not seen one of those for a long time.. they used to be good to operate, the signal was great.

Was very upset when i upgraded to a 3210 from the 402, the new phone wasnt very good at keeping its signal and battery wasnt very good..

The Orange version was the nk402, that actual model is 5110 for 900Mhz and 5146 for 1800Mhz... :)

I got that one for £1 at the local carboot, it's in near-perfect condition (it still even had the plastic thing on the screen!!!), I also had a 5146 too (very well used!!!) but I managed to crush it under my bed :-doh2 when I was shifting my room around!!! I still have the battery from that as it was a good one, even if the plastic was shiny!!! :D

The other phones I have at the mo are a 3310 with red lights (upgraded before I bought it, used to recieve my bank's texts), bits of my old 8310 (it completely died on me), my 6230i and my current 5300... :D

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
How do you receive the fax, does it display the text on the display???

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
T_G said:
How do you receive the fax, does it display the text on the display???

I'd assume yes, it displays it on the screen seeing how a fax is just a low-res photocopy so it'd easily fit on an old Communicator's screen... :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
2cvbloke said:
The Orange version was the nk402, that actual model is 5110 for 900Mhz and 5146 for 1800Mhz... :)

I got that one for £1 at the local carboot, it's in near-perfect condition (it still even had the plastic thing on the screen!!!),

The 5110 is still my main mobile phone :eek:

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
The 5110 is still my main mobile phone :eek:

Really? :eek:

Well, if it still works perfectly well, then why not? :D

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I used to use a 5110 as well. The only reason I stoppped using it was because the screen contact with the motherboard became very intermittent. I always found the battery life to be very good.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
PaulR said:
I used to use a 5110 as well. The only reason I stoppped using it was because the screen contact with the motherboard became very intermittent. I always found the battery life to be very good.

I had a 5146 that was like that, when I opened it up for a nosey I found that the contact edge had cracked, but if you squeezed the phone just right the screen was fine (up until I sold it for a fiver!!! :D )... :)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
2cvbloke said:
Really? :eek:

Well, if it still works perfectly well, then why not? :D

Ah, I never said it worked perfectly.
The screen is very intermittent, the battery contacts are now down to a couple of sharp prongs, battery life is suspect (though I have three batteries), and the charger socket is iffy.

Oh, and I miss the texting owing to the 'c' button now it is almost impossible to use it without cutting the power.

(but I still have the original One 2 One tariff)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
(but I still have the original One 2 One tariff)

You know, T-Mob really p155ed me off when they took me off the original one2one plan, I told them to return me to it but they ignored me and I left them for VirginMobile who have a similar plan... :mad:

Dunno what I did with my old one2one SIM though... :D

But, on the positive side, I have an original one2one mug!!! :D

Attachments

• mugreduced.jpg
    mugreduced.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 25

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thought I'd drag this one up again, I bought an AT&T brand battery for my 7500 the other day, brand new, never used, and it works perfectly, it didn't list the "International 7500" model, but fits like a glove, it's a touch thicker than the original, but it adds to the retro feel of the phone... :D

And what did this Brand new old stock battery cost me? £5? £10?? Nope, 50p, from the local indoor market, I couldn't believe my luck!!! :eek:

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Well, if we are resurrecting old phones (and threads), does anyone have a -new-battery for a U8120 phone (cameraphone from LG) ?
Positive feel to the flip-up screen and a decent button size, but I know I'm going to regret changing the '3' logo on the front to T-Mobile.

I have two of them doing nothing here, but they look interesting in their spacesuit silver.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Channel Hopper said:
Well, if we are resurrecting old phones (and threads), does anyone have a -new-battery for a U8120 phone (cameraphone from LG) ?
Positive feel to the flip-up screen and a decent button size, but I know I'm going to regret changing the '3' logo on the front to T-Mobile.

I have two of them doing nothing here, but they look interesting in their spacesuit silver.

Looks like it's eBay to the rescue!!!:

:D

Nuffink for my phone though... :(

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I've got another phone... :D

This one is a Nokia 1611, I haven't any info on it at the moment, but it's a nice phone, appears to work (it seems to network locked, still trying to find out what it was locked to, if anything), it has it's original box and instructions, even the "security" labels with the IMEI and unlock code on them... :)

I just wish I knew how to unlock it without knowing what the original network was!!! :(

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I have done it again, more old phones are on the way, this time it's a pair of Motorola D160 phones (one for spares), which also include a bettery to fit my International 7500, and have an instruction manual for a (I think) D460, so I'm on the mooch for that model too... :D

They too are only GSM900, meaning they're O2 (& Te$coMobile) and Vodafone, so I'll be SIM swapping with my existing phones... :)

And, I actually have a picture of them, and just for reference I'll add a picture of a Nokia 1611 from a Hungarian website (though my 1611 still has white keys in perfect condition):

Attachments

• 5fd3_1.JPG
    5fd3_1.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 20
  • nokia-1611-1!.jpg
    nokia-1611-1!.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 25

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
When does the museum open 2cv? :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Topper said:
When does the museum open 2cv? :)

When people pay me a £grand to see them... :-rofl2

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well would you believe it!!! Two NEC DB2000 phones, still new in their boxes, never used and never switched on, all for just £12.09p!!! I'm exceptionally chuffed to bits!!! :D

attachment.php

Now all I need is my own house to keep all these phones, Kirbys and satellite dishes!!! :-rofl2

Attachments

• 45dc_1.JPG
    45dc_1.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 63

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, it turns out that the two motorola phones are analogue, though one I can't use due to it being locked with a security code, but even so, I can't use them anyway as there's no analogue networks in the UK anymore, which still makes me wonder about whether it's possible to put together my own analogue "cell" to run the phone, but that's for later experimentation... :D

Also, the larger battery that came with them is branded "Andrew" with the Channel Master/Andrews lightning logo, so, they don't just make lovely satellite dishes, they make batteries too, or at least they used to... :D