dreambox and sky cards?

chuckles

Reaction score
Phil_S said:
I don't have any problem with being taught how to suck eggs! What I have had a problem with is finding the cardserver0961 and cardserv.cfg files. I have searched all over for them with no success at all so can anyone point me in the right direction to find them please?

Thanks

Phil

cardserv.cfg is in the da vinci images.

carderver0961 - send me a pm with your mail address. I cant find a link now either!

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
Phil_S said:
I don't have any problem with being taught how to suck eggs! What I have had a problem with is finding the cardserver0961 and cardserv.cfg files. I have searched all over for them with no success at all so can anyone point me in the right direction to find them please?

Thanks

Phil

There is an internet search engine called google at www.g**gle.com

put in "newcamd nds" into it ! :D

ill make it easy for you ...

h**p://www.satnet.ch/file/index.php?type=all

the package is called newcamd-v525 nds

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Them files is gettin' mighty hard to find now... If you hang onto them for a few years, they'll be worth a fortune!!!

O-Ha

Arturuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra1/hotbird/hispasat
My Location
Europe
If you are really stuck with newcamd and s*y PM for help.

Also nobody has mentioned it but I hear there is a program called cs2gbox that allows gbox to connect to a cardserv hence allowing to use gbox with then internal dreambox reader.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
Arturuk said:
If you are really stuck with newcamd and s*y PM for help.

Also nobody has mentioned it but I hear there is a program called cs2gbox that allows gbox to connect to a cardserv hence allowing to use gbox with then internal dreambox reader.

yes, ive came across cs2gbox. its a windows binary executable. it spparantly can connect gbox to a newcamd spider. I have not heard anything about it getting rid of the need of the external card reader though.

Arturuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra1/hotbird/hispasat
My Location
Europe
I heard there are several versions of cs2gb0x and one of them runs on a dreambox connects to cardserve and then gb0x connects to cs2gb0x hence allowing using the internal slot with gb0x.

Phil_S

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ PVR1
Dreambox 5620
P3 900MHz
wallycharlo said:
There is an internet search engine called google at www.g**gle.com

put in "newcamd nds" into it ! :D

ill make it easy for you ...

h**p://www.satnet.ch/file/index.php?type=all

the package is called newcamd-v525 nds

Now found - thank you very much!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I don't really see the downside of running an external card reader other than the purchase price if you don't already own one.

It has its own power supply, and so doesn't draw any more from the notoriously bad DMM PSU, plus the heat generation isn't an issue either.

It doesn't even have to be on display - just chuck the whole thing down the back of the machine with the other 47 wires! :rolleyes:

Arturuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra1/hotbird/hispasat
My Location
Europe
There is a downside to using an external card reader. A friend of a friend tried and it worked but there were so many glitches and freezing (every 20-30 seconds miss 2 or 3, unbearable!) so if you go that way make sure you have a short cable and silver better than copper.

When he got it to work with the internal card reader no glitches or freezes.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
That's interesting. Must depend on the reader and/or cable. Mine's fine. :)

Arturuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Astra1/hotbird/hispasat
My Location
Europe
Bgonestick can you contact me on jblothu@h.....l.com

Butterbox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000s serving 4 500s. 2 fixed dishes + 1 motor.
Dragon 4.1
My Location
Mayo, Ireland
Can you share the card with other dreamboxes in your house using an external card reader?

el cid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat/arabsat/hotbird/mcsa/Dreambox 500S
My Location
Middle East & Sothern Spain
I've been reading this thread with great interest, I have a Sky card, without subscription, not a lot of use you might say, but at least I can get Sky news & a couple of other channels (using a Digibox), which I want to keep.

I have installed another dish for Nilesat, so that I can get the FTA channels there. my question is, can I use my Sky card in a Dreambox 500S so that I can still get Sky news, also is the anywhere else I can get Sky news FTA?

chuckles

Reaction score
el cid said:
I've been reading this thread with great interest, I have a Sky card, without subscription, not a lot of use you might say, but at least I can get Sky news & a couple of other channels (using a Digibox), which I want to keep.

I have installed another dish for Nilesat, so that I can get the FTA channels there. my question is, can I use my Sky card in a Dreambox 500S so that I can still get Sky news, also is the anywhere else I can get Sky news FTA?

As far as I know Sky News is FTA and does not need any card in receivers other that a digibox.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
el cid said:
can I use my Sky card in a Dreambox 500S so that I can still get Sky news, also is the anywhere else I can get Sky news FTA?

Chuckles is correct, you don't need a card for Sky News and other FTA channels like the BBC and ITV3. just check that the footprint for the BBC channels covers your area and your dish is of a suitable size.

Sky News appears on Satellite other than 28.2 East and I think it's FTA.

Wossname

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
topfield HD receiver
fixed 90 cm dish with 4 lnbs
sly dish
My Location
Yorkshire., UK
Going back to Red Devil's thread starter, I am still amazed that Sky was chasing a debt from 1998. I could stand to be corrected by a savvy young lawyer but aren't civil debts in the UK actionable for only 6 years. What are Sky doing chasing debts from 1998 ? trying it on it seems..

chuckles

Reaction score
Wossname said:
Going back to Red Devil's thread starter, I am still amazed that Sky was chasing a debt from 1998. I could stand to be corrected by a savvy young lawyer but aren't civil debts in the UK actionable for only 6 years. What are Sky doing chasing debts from 1998 ? trying it on it seems..

You are quite right, in fact I thought I had pointed this out in an earlier reply, but it must be in another thread, cos I cant see it now.
Unfortunately red devil had paid before it occurred to me. The prescriptive period for commercial debts is 6 years, after that you can tell a creditor to get lost provided, that is, that they have not made any efforts to recover the debt during that 6 year period.

nellytodd

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar II, Skystar HD, TRex Twin, XCam, Digibox, Hotbird 13, Astra 28
My Location
Aberdeenshire
RedDevil_UK said:
right the, i have bought a second hand sky digibox, i connected it up by putting the cable from the motorised dish in the dreambox first then through the output and into the sky digital receiver???
while its like this, the dish cannot be moved.... the motor doesnt work for some reason??? so i unplugged the output from the Dreambox and then moved the dish to 28e
then plugged the cable back in...success!!

i can now watch sky but if i want to watch a dreambox channel, i have to unplug the extra bit of cable from the dreambox to sky box!!

anyone know a way round this...if not i will need to get a sky dish too... Grrrr

is there not a fix???

keep in mind when you are using the lnb loopthrough in your DB that whichever reciever is outputting the highest voltage to the lnb will effectively be in control of the dish and lnb. to relinquish control to the other reciever you must leave the redundant reciever (the one that is NOT being used) tuned to a low band vertical channel. this will allow the other reciever to control the dish and lnb. please note that this applies wether or not the recievers are in standby mode or not. (hope i am not talking poops)

skydreamer

Frequent flyer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB8000HD, 90 mm cooling fan, 2TB Seagate LP HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Smart Twin Titanium 0.2dB, Stab HH120 USALS 45E-45W, Triax 120, SkyStar II HD
My Location
Windy & Wet Atlantic Coast
RedDevil_UK said:
right the, i have bought a second hand sky digibox, i connected it up by putting the cable from the motorised dish in the dreambox first then through the output and into the sky digital receiver???
while its like this, the dish cannot be moved.... the motor doesnt work for some reason??? so i unplugged the output from the Dreambox and then moved the dish to 28e
then plugged the cable back in...success!!

i can now watch sky but if i want to watch a dreambox channel, i have to unplug the extra bit of cable from the dreambox to sky box!!

anyone know a way round this...if not i will need to get a sky dish too... Grrrr

is there not a fix???

You can get around this problem with sat-switch. It is a small inexpensive box with LNB input and two outputs that you connect to DB and Sky. One of the outputs is powered and switches the internal relay. It needs to be connected to the DBox.
Worked fine for me until yesterday when my Pace went bye-bye with no-signal error message caused by faulty tuner. Now I am desperate to get the Dbox working with $ky but no luck so far.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
skydreamer said:
You can get around this problem with sat-switch. It is a small inexpensive box with LNB input and two outputs that you connect to DB and Sky. One of the outputs is powered and switches the internal relay. It needs to be connected to the DBox.
Worked fine for me until yesterday when my Pace went bye-bye with no-signal error message caused by faulty tuner. Now I am desperate to get the Dbox working with $ky but no luck so far.

Use newcamd 6.0 and edit your cardserv.cfg