GTMedia GTCombo 4:2:2 receiver

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
can you plug in a USB mouse and do anything?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
This may, or may not, be of help:

Code:
https://www.freesat.cn/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=24878
Thanks. i had not removed the PCB from the case when I took the lid off, it was held in there by the F connector nuts and probably the side USB / micro SD sockets.

I may be able to drill a hole in the case where the end of the screwdriver sits but will wait intil I get a better idea of what this shorting is supposed to fix.

Attachments

• 20220107_181651[1].jpg
    20220107_181651[1].jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 19

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
And in putting the recevier back on the shelf, it's started up again.

I'm thinking it might possibly have thrown a wobbly as I was playing sone 4k videos from Youtube but that wouldn't explain the loss of the Bluetooth pairing, or would it ?

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
And in putting the recevier back on the shelf, it's started up again.

I'm thinking it might possibly have thrown a wobbly as I was playing sone 4k videos from Youtube but that wouldn't explain the loss of the Bluetooth pairing, or would it ?

And breath ....
I had a one off mare not long ago with not being able to pair the Bluetooth remote - it just wouldn't have it. Ended up having to use usb mouse to get me through the start-up procedure and into a working receiver, never done it since even after many re-sets.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
What u mean like post #281 ?

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Thanks for that link, not seen that before
I don’t know how many times I’ve posted that link already. That’s the de facto forum for all things GTMedia. A right mix of languages but you’ll eventually navigate it.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
In case anyone is confused this link gives a comprehensive list of features of the GTMedia Combo. The manufacturer has a number of units on sale that don’t include the feed hunter’s paradise, the 4.2.2 feature. I received mine locally thanks to a contact on a business trip to China for €35 but I’ve seen so many variations in delivered prices the mind boggles

Maybe users could post their purchase experience including the source they purchased from and the delivered price to door. Obviously this price is way out of ball park
Code:
https://www.powerplanetonline.com/en/gtmedia-freesat-combo-4k-android-9-0-receptor-satelite-en

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Annoyingly the receiver locked up again this morning, slightly differently though since I left it in standby on a terrestrial channel before going to bed.

No remote response (except the first time when the red light flashed breiefly then stayed on - no IR or Bluetooth command accepted.

Removing/reapplying power freed up the box.

I'll add not having any front panel buttons to the list of gripes (on top of no hard reset button), so many of these will be returned to dealers if a firmware upgrade soon doesn't fix it.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Annoyingly the receiver locked up again this morning, slightly differently though since I left it in standby on a terrestrial channel before going to bed.

No remote response (except the first time when the red light flashed breiefly then stayed on - no IR or Bluetooth command accepted.

I'll add not having any front panel buttons to the list of gripes (on top of no hard reset button), so many of these will be returned to dealers if a firmware upgrade soon doesn't fix it.
At the price they’re being sold for the features supplied I doubt anyone will return them. I’m amazed how the manufacturers are making any margin on them in the first place let alone the cost of any ongoing firmware upgrades.

Megadish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorized dish
My Location
Italy

Hard reset

Settings -> Device Preferences -> Reset

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hard reset

Settings -> Device Preferences -> Reset
No good if the remote is not recognised by the receiver. On previous machines it would be a couple of buttons on the front panel or one on the rear/underneath of the box.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
This standby fault appears to be daily, same thing this morning.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
This standby fault appears to be daily, same thing this morning.

Are you leaving it connected via a LAN cable or with wifi connectivity active overnight?
If yes, you could try disconnecting the internet overnight to see if it still needs a jump start in the morning.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Are you using the stock power supply that came with the box. If so what are the advertised specs on it.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Yes, PSU that came in the box.

WiFi connection, will try disabling later but I think this is another unrelated issue otherwise others would have discovered same.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland

WiFi connection, will try disabling later but I think this is another unrelated issue otherwise others would have discovered same.
That may well be but are others leaving it on standby overnight. Have you tried wired Ethernet.

Those supplied PSU’s are marginal. As you’re not supplying the specs I’m guessing 1.5ah. You’ve basically got an Android box with a satellite receiver built in. Your Android box is not coming out of suspend mode so it could well be power supply issues. As you know not all power supplies of equal spec are built the same. These boxes are being supplied with many different PSU configuration.

You’ll find most of issues your are addressed on the GTMedia forum. Register with them and maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Most issues on Android boxes are usually solved by reflashing the firmware so if you’re comfortable doing this that may be the route to solving your problem.

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.

I have lan connected all the time and my 'Off button' setting is as in the pics, can't say iv'e experienced what you have with mine CH - still no hdmi output ?

Screenshot (145).pngScreenshot (146).png

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
That may well be but are others leaving it on standby overnight. Have you tried wired Ethernet.

Those supplied PSU’s are marginal. As you’re not supplying the specs I’m guessing 1.5ah. You’ve basically got an Android box with a satellite receiver built in. Your Android box is not coming out of suspend mode so it could well be power supply issues. As you know not all power supplies of equal spec are built the same. These boxes are being supplied with many different PSU configuration.

You’ll find most of issues your are addressed on the GTMedia forum. Register with them and maybe they can point you in the right direction.

Most issues on Android boxes are usually solved by reflashing the firmware so if you’re comfortable doing this that may be the route to solving your problem.

Whilst I've not checked the labelling yet, I assume the PSU is 1.5A as per the others that have been supplied with this receiver.
Even if marginal the only power requirement outside the box itself is for the fixed Universal LNB outside, no terrestrial amplifier, no USB dongle or SD card is plugged in. I have removed the LNB cable just in case this drags the PSU down and will check standby issue later.
There was another thread alluding to the potential for 1.5A being insufficient for 4:2:2 processing, the channels I have been watching in the past 24 hours have been DVB-T only which shouldn't tax a box like this.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Do you have an alternative PSU you can use to rule out PSU issues. As you know when it comes to Far Eastern PSUs not all similarly rated units deliver the same performance.

How many other users here have both DVB S and DVB T hooked up at the same time I wonder. In fact I wonder how many have even used the DVB T function. After all this unit was being purchased for 4.2.2 HEVC 4K by feed hunters.

As I previously suggested if you’ve ruled out PSU issues by using an alternative PSU, a firmware reflash would be the most logical next step. This exercise usually resolves any glitches.