I just ordered myself this:TechniSat DIGIPLUS UHD S Receiver Sat Port Ethernet, Bus CI+, Compatible WiFi, Ultra HD, Double Tuner

Steerable

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technisat Digiplus UHD S, Sky HD
My Location
London
I put the box back to Factory settings and scanned just Astra 1 & 2 on the motor. Even with the basic settings in place the upnp server does not show any channels. I put in a support request to TechniSat who told me to turn off the web access, but no difference.

Unless I could ssh to the box and reprogramme it I think the upnp functionality simply doesnt work. There appears to be a permissions issue based on my own limited knowledge of linux.

I have since reinserted the Fransat cam as I primarily want to use the box to watch UK French and German TV.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
I thought it may have been a limitation imposed by the CI+ system. Have you tried a different client? I used VLC to access UPnP on an Edision receiver.

Steerable

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I thought it may have been a limitation imposed by the CI+ system. Have you tried a different client? I used VLC to access UPNP on an Edision receiver.
Yes I have tried VLC, DVBViewer, Technisat’s own apple app, my Samsung TV and the Chrome browser on a PC.

All return the same error message, and that is with the Cam plugged in and with the Cam taken out with the box running on basic factory settings.

I can only conclude the upnp server has not got the correct permissions set.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
I put the box back to Factory settings and scanned just Astra 1 & 2 on the motor. Even with the basic settings in place the upnp server does not show any channels. I put in a support request to TechniSat who told me to turn off the web access, but no difference.

Unless I could ssh to the box and reprogramme it I think the upnp functionality simply doesnt work. There appears to be a permissions issue based on my own limited knowledge of linux.

I have since reinserted the Fransat cam as I primarily want to use the box to watch UK French and German TV.
Yes the first thing anyone with Linux experience would assume was a permission issue. Is there a chance that some other device/port is blocking the port like firewall settings etc. Are all the connected devices on the same LAN.

Steerable

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
Yes the first thing anyone with Linux experience would assume was a permission issue. Is there a chance that some other device/port is blocking the port like firewall settings etc. Are all the connected devices on the same LAN.
Yes all on the same LAN. I did try to ssh to the Technisat box but cant open the ssh port to do that. I have no doubt if I could enable the ssh or telnet port and unlock the various default permissions on the box that the problem could be solved.