Intelsat 901 / MEV1 mission

27.5W_11609 V,4374,5/6,16APSK-signal from now and last week.The signal lock with Crazyscan or another dvbs application.
 

Attachments

  • 11609 V,4374,56,16apsk-signal now & last week_2020-04-03_23-37-47.webp
    11609 V,4374,56,16apsk-signal now & last week_2020-04-03_23-37-47.webp
    136.9 KB · Views: 75
Here in Estonia nothing changed. Signal still 10-11dB using 1.2M dish.
 
Me too same signal strength, are you sure the switchover has already happened?

Obviously we won't have any information about the switchover from the satellite operator.We are the ones(as dxers) who have to observe whether the change has occurred or not,as we did every time a satellite became operational.And we're the ones who have to observe whether or not the change took place.And we can only do that by conjectures,observing changes in transponders or by the signal received by our antennas.
Those who have been monitoring the signal for a long time can possibly tell if and what changes have occurred recently.The people in the center of the spot don't really realize it because Intelsat 907's power is 52.6 dBW,and at this level(DTH signal) you don't really notice if it's dropped.As we,who are outside the footprint,immediately realize if the signal has dropped or increased. And we see this through the spectrum.That doesn't mean it's true.This requires a concerted monitoring of those who are in different areas of the beam.
Of course,because Intelsat 901's footprint doesn't match Intelsat 907's,the operator will have to correct this map.And if we take into account the fact that Intel 901 needs to be kept alive for another five years,as we've been told on the forum,then some changes,including signal strength,are required.As we can see atm,that signal has dropped and some transponders have left the satellite.
Now we are going to see/verify(empirically) whether these changes take place in all areas where Intelsat 907 is received.Then we can draw a conclusion.
 

Attachments

  • Intelsat 907 & 901 maps_2020-04-04_13-09-13.webp
    Intelsat 907 & 901 maps_2020-04-04_13-09-13.webp
    68.5 KB · Views: 56
A slightly interesting STA appeared yesterday: https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-20-374A1.pdf
On March 27, 2020, the Satellite Division granted, with conditions, Intelsat License LLC's request for special temporary authority for 60 days, commencing March 29, 2020, to operate Intelsat 901 (S2405) satellite with a new platform bias, 0.60 W, 0.15 N, in order to change the satellite's coverage area.
The question is what initial coverage area is referred to, there are several maps for the locations where IS-901 has been. If it's a beam towards Europe, then the bias may be towards the UK.
 
What other parameters are / were attributed to the 11609 frequency ?

I didn't say in the previous answer,but it's good to know that 11609 V, 4374, 3/5 is the carrier of an IPTV stream(FTA) from Island.It has two streams,one tv and one radio.Fortunately it is still active and can be seen in real time,smoothly,as if you were watching on TV,provided that the signal to be strong.
To see and hear these streams you need a dvb card,TSReader app,VLC or Daum players.

Added:
A slightly interesting STA appeared yesterday: https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-20-374A1.pdf

The question is what initial coverage area is referred to, there are several maps for the locations where IS-901 has been. If it's a beam towards Europe, then the bias may be towards the UK.

Exactly,that's what I/we want to find out.Together we'll probably find out.
 

Attachments

  • 27.5W_11609 V,4374,35,ACM__Island IPTV stream_2020-04-04_14-27-46.webp
    27.5W_11609 V,4374,35,ACM__Island IPTV stream_2020-04-04_14-27-46.webp
    106 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
I didn't say in the previous answer,but it's good to know that 11609 V, 4374, 3/5 is the carrier of an IPTV stream(FTA) from Island.It has two streams,one tv and one radio.Fortunately it is still active and can be seen in real time,smoothly,as if you were watching on TV,provided that the signal to be strong.
To see and hear these streams you need a dvb card,TSReader app,VLC or Daum players.


Yes and understood

I am updating the dedicated Eumetsat case to include gubbins for a particular camera input plus drivers for dual monitors, it has the TBS card donated by Vipersan a few years back.
Once complete (hopefully Monday) I will be able to drive the 10E dish over to the west and have a gander.

If it assists I did try briefly this morning with the SF8008 in 16APSK search mode on a 1m offset but it wasn't having any of it (though it also failed carrying out updates last night so something might be up with it)
 
I noticed yesterday that 901 had appeared on lyngsat but showing no channels, all were listed on 907.

Today the channels are listed on 901 but the none working ones such as More4 are not listed which is a good thing, but the channels have gone from 907.

Also signal strength today 14db yesterday it was 11db and its overcast and raining.

No footprints showing yet on lyngsat.

Maybe looking hopeful.

Solo2, Gibbertini 1.25 dish in Southern Spain.
 
Historically, according to EBSpro, 11609v here has been about 18db, and is now currently 20db. Most other signals showing slightly higher except the Freeview channels which have only a tiny improvement.
 
Yes and understood

...

If it assists I did try briefly this morning with the SF8008 in 16APSK search mode on a 1m offset but it wasn't having any of it (though it also failed carrying out updates last night so something might be up with it)

I hope you manage to lock this transponder with SF8008 receiver.But I'm afraid he won't know that,because an ordinary receiver won't be able to read the parameters of such a stream.He'll see the signal and detect that transponder,but that's all.
I tried a few receivers,but only Openbox S2X could see the transponder,but,of course,he didn't memorize it.And even if it saved him,he wouldn't be able to play the stream!
Running such an iptv satellite stream requires a new generation of receivers.That is why dvb cards are the best suited for trying/checking new transmission technologies.The receivers are behind them by some steps.

Our colleagues,@nml and @David5118,confirm what we felt was happening,but we had no proof. I mean transponders migrated to the new/old Intelsat 901 at 27.5W! I thank them for that.
 

Attachments

  • 27.5W_Openbox 6S6X HS_020-04-04_17-53-39.webp
    27.5W_Openbox 6S6X HS_020-04-04_17-53-39.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 42
Intelsat 901 @ 27.5 west 11495 V 44095 working OK here on all of these:-
100cm dish:- TM6902HD 95% Signal 84% Quality
TM5502HD
TM5302HD
88cm dish TM5402HD M3 SQ=14.1dB

CAS is running with no encryption all FTA atm,
So thought as I get a signal on the SX88+ I may be able to lock onto the channels but no such luck,
It seems like today's software programmers do not have the skill or intuition to allow this to happen with the current batch of satellite receivers:(,

 
Locked on & working with the Amiko A4K :)
 
Good afternoons signal improvement with my 2.40 mt dish here in the azores before it was 94% and now it is 98%
 

Attachments

  • screenshot_20200404171707.webp
    screenshot_20200404171707.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 28
I was checking the c band and it got a little better. I only get before the frequency with the NTA channel with 38% and now it is 41%, that is, just the global footprint and now I can get two more frequencies from the east hemi footprint that I never got. following 3718 R and 3936 R. So it got better than it was.
 

Attachments

  • screenshot_20200404182121.webp
    screenshot_20200404182121.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 19
  • screenshot_20200404182937.webp
    screenshot_20200404182937.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 13
  • screenshot_20200404182956.webp
    screenshot_20200404182956.webp
    30 KB · Views: 15
Now i get more one 3925 R
 

Attachments

  • screenshot_20200404185116.webp
    screenshot_20200404185116.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 15
Most probably footprint for IS-901 @ 27.5 west
901-342s1.webpazores_position.webp
 
Most probably footprint for IS-901 @ 27.5 west
View attachment 129401View attachment 129402

As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to be 901's footprint posted by you,but if it were as you say,that map raises a question that jumps in the eyes of the person looking at it,namely:what happens to the reception of the BBC package if the signal for England is around 46.6dBW,as the footprint above shows?As you can see,the center of the spot is on southern Europe and not on its northwest,as it was on Intelsat 907.
The reports of those who have posted so far and are in this part of the continent tell us that the signal has increased a little and seems to say something other than the map of 901 posted.
For me it is enough to find that in my area this signal is low,which is proof that the footprint of 901 will be like at 907,perhaps with a slight difference on its edge.That's why I'm waiting for the operator to publish 901's footprint now that he's moved it to 27.5W.
Regards
 
So, I sketched the old footprint exactly as it covered the continent and moved it above the UK centering the spot there. Perhaps this is quite indicative of the current situation. This footprint is even tighter than 907's!
new901.webp
 
Last edited:
Back
Top