Is Anyone Still Using A 9100?

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
Hello, when I get time to watch TV sometimes I turn on the 9100. Even more occaisonally I have a play to see if any extra channels are clearing. I've got a little back into the box this weekend, getting CCCAM working with a test server. I'm running the box with iboot and 4 images on the sd card. EDG Nemesis 4.1 works the best on the SD card but I have a aspect ratio problem on some channels the two edges are cut off ( I have a 16:9 TV!!) Edg 4.4 doesn't do this and I have this running in flash. I have updated the add ons url and it connects ok but it won't install any cams on this one (gives an error) 4.1 will install add ons ok

So...... I tried to find CCAM to manually download and FTP over manually but I can't find a download. Dreambox cam files are not compatible with the 9100, it needs tbz2 files (I think)

What is scary is that all the information and support for these boxes has vanished with the closure of a few forums that used to really promote it in the early days! I am ok at doing a lot of things with the box on my own and from memory but its easy to forget and looking things up would be good. I have some tutorials etc saved on my pc and thank goodness I did. It would also be nice to know there are some people still out there using the box so there is a bit of support in case anyone got stuck. Cyprus Dunc had one and so did Rolf although I remember him being dubious about the limited support that could vanish, he was right!

anyone out there guys>>?>?

A nonymous

Reaction score
Yes Rolf did have one, until he sold it to me :D

Most of the guys from the old TM9100 forum are now on the Satstation forum.

With EDG Nemesis you need the file called extra.url in order to download the cams. I've attached it below.

You will need to unzip the file first and then you will need to ftp it to var/etc, change the permissions to 755 and then go to the downloads section from the blue button.

In the download section you will now see another button appear which is titled, download extra.

There you should find all the emus you need for your receiver to read your card.

I no longer own the TM9100 in question, but i did update a friends TM600 with that link so it should be OK. Hold on to the TM9100. I have regretted selling mine as it was always rock steady and very rarely let me down.

Nano

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    244 bytes · Views: 196

martinw01908

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 9100 and 90cm dish motorised
My Location
South East Midlands
Thanks yes I had access to the downloads but for some reason it wouldn't install anything anymore. I think the var got corrupted so I did a factory reset and started again, now things are installing ok

SeanOg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
88cm dish, 4 LNBs, diseq switch, Technomate TM-4100 receiver
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hi,

I know this is an old thread and maybe my question is not even appropriate for here but I need some help upgrading the firmware of my old Technomate TM-9100. I can't find anywhere online to download the firmware! Can anyone point me to the download site so I can get it?

Thanks.

A nonymous

Reaction score
To be honest there wasn't that many images for the TM9100 even when it was being supported.

There was only a few teams making images for it. If i remember There was Underground Resistance, EDG, DS Team, Andromeda and there was another team called Satlinux who if i remember rightly were french.

Satlinux was a good solid image, but not very exciting.

tm208asatlinux3cz3.jpg

SeanOg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hi Nano,

thanks for the reply.

That is sad news indeed. I bought the Technomate TM9100 on the recommendation from many people from various forums. Now I'm stuck with a receiver that can't easily be updated. I just paid a load of money to get someone to setup 4 LNBs on my 90cm dish after the Technomate TM9100 refused to work with a motor I had previously installed myself. I think the software was causing the motor to go East instead of West and the number of channels I got when I eventually got it aligned was limited. The guy that recently set up the 4 LNBs told me that the Technomate box needed updating to receive more channels but if I can't find the software updates then I'm pretty stuck.

I looked on the Satlinux website you recommended but couldn't find anything for the TM9100 so I guess I need to dump this Technomate receiver and get a new one that has better support :-(

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Surely all you need do to get more Channels is to perform Blind/Auto Scans on each Satellite of interest?

Either that or manually edit the Transponder lists to correlate with up-to-date listings as shown on Flysat (other listings sites are available), then Scan.

If you buy another Box, you'll still have outdated Transponder lists, in all probability.

SeanOg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hi Tivu,

I thought the same as you. In fact I watched the satellite guy that I paid a fortune to for setting up 4 fixed lnbs (Astra 28.2E, Astra 19.2E, Hotbird 13E, Eutelsat 5W) do an automatic scan. But after he did he told me the channel listings were not up to date on the receiver and that I'd need to update the firmware in order to get more channels. He had a box with him that he hooked up in place of my receiver and he told me on that box he was getting far more channels.

I'm pretty new to all this so I'm kind of fighting in the dark. Some of the terminology is throwing me too. If I could figure out what I need to update on my receiver I'm willing to give it a go but at the moment I'm pretty confused.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Seán

A nonymous

Reaction score
To be honest i never had any problem with getting my TM9100 to move a dish when using EDG Nemesis. UR was a little hit and miss though.

Its not the image that needs updating just the satellites.xml file. All the image does is just run the receiver, its gets the info regarding the satellites from the satellites.xml file.

You can get an upto date xml file from satellite.xml generator

Code:
http://satellites-xml.eu/

If i remember rightly the file was in VAR/ETC/TUXBOX/CONFIG

Its been a while since i used an Enigma 1 image, so i may be wrong on the location but you should find it with a little searching. Make sure you copy the original satllites.xml file onto your computer before replacing it.

Reboot TM9100 after copying the file over to it.

You may have to do it from a fresh install as sometimes the receiver throws a wobbler if it has channels stored using the old transponder list.

Nano

SeanOg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hi nano,

I didn't realize that it was as simple as replacing the satellites.xml file. I thought that a binary file or executable had to be replaced on the Linux OS on my TM9100.

I took a look at the link you sent me and selected the satellites I want to connect to via the 4LNBs that I have setup on my dish (Hotbird 13E, Astra 28.2E, Astra 19.2E and Eutelsat 5W). And then via the download button I generated the satellites transponder list.

I guess all I need to do now is SSH into the linux OS on my receiver and copy the generated satellites.xml file to the location you suggested. Hopefully that'll do the trick and I'll have all the channels that are possible.

I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks a million for all the help.

Seán

SeanOg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hi nano,

I got around to hooking my TM9100 up to my LAN today and I connected to it via telnet. I searched for the satellites.xml file and found it in /share/tuxbox. I tried to rename it to satellites.xml_OLD before copying over the new satellites.xml file that I downloaded from the website you gave me (http://satellites-xml.eu/) but unfortunately when I run the mv command at the command prompt to rename it it tells me: "unable to rename `satellites.xml': Read-only file system". I know this is probably a UNIX question but do you know how I can update the file system to be writable? I've tried chmod without any luck!

upload_2014-1-10_11-16-6.png

Thanks.

Attachments

• upload_2014-1-10_11-15-0.png
    upload_2014-1-10_11-15-0.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 48

A nonymous

Reaction score
Have you tried using a dedicated FTP program like cute ftp?

You can download a month trial.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You probably need to chmod it via an ftp programme to make it writable. (google it for full explanation - its the unix file permissions)

chmod 777 will make the files fully accessible though

smoggy07

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky minidish and Sky + HD 250gig Anytime+ box with full ish appart from sports and movies, Dreambox DM500s clone (Pli Jade3 max var F/W), Motorised 1.1Meter Dish
My Location
middlesbrough, teesside, northeast coast, uk
I use Filezilla to FTP into my Dreambox and then I can copy the old file to my pc before copying over the new file (drag and drop from the box to the pc)

I don't think its in the share folder so grab a free FTP program and look in VAR/ETC and the folders within as Nano says above and you'll come across it, when you've copied the new file over, reboot the receiver and do a scan

SeanOg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hi Analoguesat,

I tried chmod 777 before but unfortuntely in order to change the file permissions I need write permissions on the file-system. Unfortuntely the file system was set up as read only so I can't use chmod on the satellites.xml file or any other file in the file-system which is a bummer. Somehow I have to try and change the file-system to read/write! Not sure how to do that though.

Thanks,

Seán

SeanOg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hi Smoggy07,

I use Filezilla to FTP into the box or WinSCP has support for FTP too. But as I said to Analoguesat because the file-system is read-only I can't copy anything to it!

I also ran a find command on the full file system for any xml files and only satellites.xml was found in the /share/tuxbox directory. In the /share directory there is a symbolic link to the real satellites.xml file which appears to be writable so I guess I could change that! But I'm not sure if that's such a good idea!

I also took a look in /var/etc and found nothing like a satellites.xml file!

Here are my console outputs for the above:

upload_2014-1-10_21-38-15.png

SeanOg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
I tried changing the symbolic link and because it's a read-only file system of course I couldn't :-(

I'm not sure now how I should proceed. I guess I need to make the read-only file-system writable but I've never done that before and from reading around it doesn't seem like a straight forward procedure!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
Telnet and use the command "mount" or "df" to see if there is a writable partition mounted. If it's anything like dreambox it should be mounted on "/var". If you can't find a "satellites.xml" under that subtree, try adding one under "/var/tuxbox/" or "/var/etc/tuxbox/". Reboot and hopefully it will take precedence over the xml at "/tuxbox..."

SeanOg

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hi Battenfan,

I ran the mount command and as you can see there are some read-write partitions.

I copied the new stalleites.xml file to /var/etc as you suggested and to /var/tuxbox as there was no /var/etc/tuxbox directory.

I rebooted the system by switching the receiver on and off and rescanned all the channels via the receiver software. But no new channels were picked up. So I can only assume that the new satellites.xml file was not picked up from either location.

It looks like the dreambox that you have and the Technomate-9100 that I have are setup differently.

Any more ideas?

upload_2014-1-15_21-11-26.png

battenfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m pf
My Location
60N 18E
Try "/var/share/satellites.xml" or "/var/share/tuxbox/satellites.xml"
The same structure as in the image except for /var as prefix. (I should have read your earlier posts more carefully)
I've done it in the past to hack remote layout and web interface.
I double checked a dreambox backup and it's /var/etc/sa... so you're right, they're setup differently.