Just Sharing This My Channel Master 1.8 project.

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.8m motorised on c band,ku band,1.2 metre prime focus irte dish, 1.85cm offset mabo dish,vu+duo & 42 HD lcd tv
My Location
ireland

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
well the good news is, i just about managed to get ESPN on 3980 L but it was so cold and windy i gave up - there might be some peaking to be acheived, maybe with a Nelson T Plate for example.

it seems to be ONE of the weakest TP's on the sat ...at least for a small 1.8'er like me

the other good thing is the interference has gone away.

ViaHussun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150 cm offset Gibertini antenna
Inverto Premium Twin LNB
TBS 5520SE TV Card
My Location
Bursa , TURKEY
well the good news is, i just about managed to get ESPN on 3980 L but it was so cold and windy i gave up - there might be some peaking to be acheived, maybe with a Nelson T Plate for example.

it seems to be ONE of the weakest TP's on the sat ...at least for a small 1.8'er like me

which c138 or c1w-pll ?

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.8m motorised on c band,ku band,1.2 metre prime focus irte dish, 1.85cm offset mabo dish,vu+duo & 42 HD lcd tv
My Location
ireland

had you a good lock on espn or was it borderline?.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
had you a good lock on espn or was it borderline?.
borderline mate - hence the need for a peaking.
at the weekend and if its sunny i will spend some proper time, today was all a bit rushed due to daily family commitments

ViaHussun

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
150 cm offset Gibertini antenna
Inverto Premium Twin LNB
TBS 5520SE TV Card
My Location
Bursa , TURKEY
borderline mate - hence the need for a peaking.
at the weekend and if its sunny i will spend some proper time, today was all a bit rushed due to daily family commitments
which c138 or c1w-pll ?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The C1w is fine if you are nowhere near a transmitter, not on a hill, or the dish is below the top of the nearest hedgeline.

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
The C1w is fine if you are nowhere near a transmitter, not on a hill, or the dish is below the top of the nearest hedgeline.
im about 3 miles as the crow would fly from the nearest phone mast to me,so would that be to near for me channel hopper in regards to interference on the C1w ??

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK

Congratulations, if you are getting a borderline lock on ESPN from 40.5W with the C138 LNBF as shipped you can expect to improve things with tweaking.
A polo pipe or the breadboard T plate will get you boosted into a stable lock. Tweaking with the LNBF/Scalar pairing will get some more boost and possibly some from Az/El alignment.

Well done, you have stuck with it and achieved the 40.5E ESPN lock with a small dish, a feat to be proud of considering it is your first venture into C-Band.

I have attached below the feed-scalar pair table I compiled for 40.5 West some time ago.
For three of the four frequencies I sampled, the best signal levels were achieved with the feed opening aperture between 5mm and 10mm inside the focal length.
However, these readings were for a prime focus dish with a flat scalar and not an offset dish with a hooded scalar so I am not sure how applicable they are to your case?

40.5W_Scalar_Feed_Pairs.jpg

John

Enthusiast.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Elite 2.2 PF - CM1.8 - CM1.2 - Gibertini 1.25.
Ku - Ka -C & Ext C.
PC cards-TM5402 receivers.
Promax FSM.
My Location
North Nottinghamshire.
Whilst on the subject of interference - here's the muck coming off a cell tower 300mtrs down the road from me just off to the left of the C-band dish looking at 40.5 West.
You can see what effect it has on the signal trying to be received, 3648 L, who is in the middle of it all..... it's in and out of lock if the dB level drops below 10dB or the signals from the tower increase.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
im about 3 miles as the crow would fly from the nearest phone mast to me,so would that be to near for me channel hopper in regards to interference on the C1w ??
What is the postcode of the mast , and your property ?

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
Congratulations, if you are getting a borderline lock on ESPN from 40.5W with the C138 LNBF as shipped you can expect to improve things with tweaking.
A polo pipe or the breadboard T plate will get you boosted into a stable lock. Tweaking with the LNBF/Scalar pairing will get some more boost and possibly some from Az/El alignment.

Well done, you have stuck with it and achieved the 40.5E ESPN lock with a small dish, a feat to be proud of considering it is your first venture into C-Band.

I have attached below the feed-scalar pair table I compiled for 40.5 West some time ago.
For three of the four frequencies I sampled, the best signal levels were achieved with the feed opening aperture between 5mm and 10mm inside the focal length.
However, these readings were for a prime focus dish with a flat scalar and not an offset dish with a hooded scalar so I am not sure how applicable they are to your case?

View attachment 141870
thanks @moonbase - ive got me a £2 chopping board from tesco to carve up at lunch!
:)

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
yeah and i'll get the vicar to bless it on his way to the pub.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Kent, UK
got strange goings on with cband on 40.5w - i find i get better signal when pointing the LNB to the right of centre and upwards .....whats that about? - is it due to the circular TPs and the position of the plate in the LNB and skew? i.e if i roated the LNB 180 degrees would i then get better signal when pointing to the left of the dish i wonder...?

butchyboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ireland
got strange goings on with cband on 40.5w - i find i get better signal when pointing the LNB to the right of centre and upwards .....whats that about? - is it due to the circular TPs and the position of the plate in the LNB and skew? i.e if i roated the LNB 180 degrees would i then get better signal when pointing to the left of the dish i wonder...?
hows the signal on espn tonight m8 has it improved since your short go at it yesterday?.