Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Tha last underworld file, for the Q Box, is version 1.15, but even after loading this you will need to update the keys bin file to open anything, and if it's anything like the Diablo Cams you will also need to enter the cams menu and turn Emulators ON in the configuration menu.

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
Hello Fellow QBOX-HD owners, I am the owner of this box for nearly 3 weeks now and boy has it been a learning curve. I have managed to get the Terrestrial Stations working for Ireland, bought a 500GB eSata Drive in Lidl for PVR and it would appear that the PVR function does not work neither as the box freezes after about 30 sec of recording and has to be switched off to get it receiving again. (If any body has so advise on this it would be great)

I have been trying for 4 days now to get ITV-HD working on the qboxhd and finally today I got it to work and then it disappeared, I see from a post on the DM Forum that you have to stop the QBOXHD stop doing an auto update, how do you do that ?.

This box is driving me mad !!!!

qboxhd

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Welcome qboxhd!
Yes, this box can drive you crazy...:)
For the ITVHD: I found that if you scan for 28east it will overwrite the settings and you get a strange channel. So what I do, once you get it going safe the settings to your computer using dreamboxedit. Then You can scan channels for 28east. Then you go back to the original WORKING settings you have safed earlier and use the "compare loaded services" and compare it to the new settings. Then you can choose which channles to update and which not. Unclick the ITVHD channel and safe the settings.

Then leave the Dreamboxedit program and and FTP the Qbox. In the etc/enigma2 directory delete all the useruquets. Then FTP the bouquets radio and TV, lamedb and settings file there, and the satellites xml to the var/tuxbox directory. I always change the attributes to 755 (not sure if this is needed).

After you finished FTP, simply turn off the power at the back of the box. If you use the reboot command or use the FTP of the Dreamboxedit you will lose ITVHD

That will work for sure, I have done it several times already.

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
I got the Hardisk recording working , recorded Xfactor and Casion Royale.

I will give the ITV HD a go tomorrow.

Thanks for your input.

qboxhd

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
New filesystem posted last night,
_http://www.qboxsvn.com/blog/?page_id=161

- Enhanced features in e2:
Support for HD skins
- Fixed bugs in e2:
SCART RGB video output now works when exiting from Stand-by
- Updated drivers:
CI driver: Minor bug-fixing

Have not had a chance to look at it yet, my divorce is warming nicely, I have spent so much timer with this box over the last week I will be in trouble if I do it today I should have taken up golf !!!!!.

This is a backup created by alibaba99, a word of caution before using this is to backup all your settings first and satellites.xml/Teresstrial.xml etc and anything else you spent some time working on.

_http://www.sendspace.com/file/m05fp6

Best of luck.

qboxhd.

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
T_G, have you had any success recording from a HiDef channel ?, evertime I tr recording form HD is falls over and requires a full Hard Reset.

qboxhd

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Hi
I am sure I had a successful try, but only FTA channels. At the moment when I try to view a HD channel through sharing the picture breaks up, but I think it is more to do with the cam than the box.

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
T_G, ITV-HD now working, I think the issue was the hard reset, I was just restaring it with out a full powerdown and restart.

PVR still a bit hit an miss, some times freezes within the first 30 seconds of recoring start and requires a full hardreset to get it going again, impressed by the quality of the recording when it does work recorded Life on Earth on the BBC-HD, my son then informed me he had got this episode free on DVD with a Magazine from the Sunday Times. (He is studying Environmental Science in University).

Did you manage to put the new release on your STB yet ?. I will have to pick my moment to do this as the house is using the box more and more my 13yr old daughter is teaching me how to use the Remote Control to it's best as I find it to be non responsive and difficult to get what you want on screen. I bought a RC from LIDL which can be programmed and I am going see if this is any better that the one supplied. I feel there is a distance restriction on the RC supplied I might be wrong we will see.

Let me know how you get on.

qboxhd

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi
I am probably not going to bother withthe latest firmware, apparently not that much happening there. I will wait for the next one, or possibly put a new webcourier image on if it comes out.

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
T_G, is the luca you mention in other post the same person on the Duolabs Forumz _http://www.duolabs.com/forumz ?.

I tought as much, this release does not appear to have fixed much.

qboxhd

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I think I am going to try to sot out the mgcam, apparently it will work with digitv. Have you tried it yet?

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
T_G,

No I have not tried it yet, you are way ahead of me here, I have only just got the box to where I want it on the FTA stuff, I have not even setup the motor, dish currently pointing at Astra 2. I want to play a bit with the crossepg and as I now have CAT 6 run into the sitting room where the receiver is now ( I ordered the wirless module but no sign of it yet).

The RC for this box is rubbish

qboxhd

QBOXHD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
qboxhd
My Location
Somewhere Overthere
New file system for the QBOX HD 21/09/2009

Added support for new tuners DVB-S2 AVL2108 and DVB-C CU1216LS

New DVB-S2 tuner with Blind Scan (not supported yet) and DVB-C tuner available soon by resellers.

New tuners supported from now!

Available from the Duolabs Support Site.

regards

qboxhd

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Again, not putting this one on the box as it does not do anything yet we can use...waiting for some useful stuff :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ok, here is some good news:
I got the qbox to open up DigiTV on west one using Mgcamd and softcam files, so hat's a breakthrough. I don't know if I can also use the Mgcamd to connect to a cccam server, but I'l have a look into that.
Funny thing is, when I tried to return to the Incubus cam I used before it would not work anymore. Lol I am rebooting it now, let's see what happens next :)

EDW

Reaction score
seems to be slow development on this box, Coolstream HD is moving very fast with Neutrino kicking E2 butt!

My Kathrein is starting to have usable firmware after errrrrrrr three years.

Gonna wait until DVB T2 tuners come out before buying new box, probably get qbox or azbox.

QBox HD PVR Ready HDTV DVB-S2/DVB-T Receiver
SKU: QBOX
Our Price: £389.00

Is this best uk price?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I am not sure about the prices, but I reckon it is worth waiting a little longer. You are right, other boxes took a long time before they were usable, but this seems to be forgotten when people b***ch about the qbox. At the moment they are turning out one new image a week, so that is not that bad. Apparently we are in line for a "big one", can't wait for that.

Also it seems that a few teams are starting to fiddle with images, so I feel a bit optimistic.

EDW

Reaction score
You get tons of plugins and addons already I see.

Can you do full image update online or is it ftp or usb pen drive only?

Does CCcam work as server or client only?

I see you got Cross EPG, I want that, hear it's good, what about Media Highway EPG?

QboxHD Mega-Image by Yoda1001 - 23.09.09

Plugins - unidentified button:
- Backup/Restore
- You Tube Player
- You mature content Player
- VLC Video Player
- Picture Player
- Webinterface
- Media Scanner
- Default Services Scaner
- QBoxHD Softcam Panel
- Sat Angels QboxHD *** Updater
- ZDF Mediathek
- Kicker Sportinfos
- Verkehrsinfo
- FritzCall
- Aspect Ratio Switch
- Dream Buddy
- Elektro
- Permament Clock
- Password Changer
- Sudoku Game
- WebradioFM (mp3 codec needed - test only)
- LastFM (mp3 codec needed - test only)
- AC3 Lip Sync Setup
- DynDNS
- File Manager
- HDD-standby
- Kiddy Timer
- User Script
- Sherlock
- RSS Reader
- CrossEPG Downloader
- Rapidshare Downloader
- Startup to Standby

Original ORF und SRG sowie SKY laufen mit RADAR1.0

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
At the moment updates are simply downloaded to a USB stick, and put in the box. Reboot and it will do the update. Update for the boot loader are done by LAN cable. All quite simple. Some plugins you can FTP, and some are updated using USB stick.

The box connects to Cccam servers with several cams, I am not too sure about acting as a server, but I think it can also do that but not cccam. I am pretty sure they will sort it out eventually.

Regarding all the plugins, I haven't tried them yet. I had a play with the youtube plugin and one or two others, but I am mainly in there for watching football, so CS and softcam is what I am trying out.

I hope that with the next update the internal Diablo cam will be activated.

EDW

Reaction score
I see you have incubus 93 now too, looking good. If they get the hd freeview tuner right and cheap they should do very well.

Are you getting 422 native or only using vlc?