Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
I habe a question, I just purchased one and not sure how to update the firmware, is it the same way over the internet like the SX88 or does it involve computers (that I do t have lol) thx
In answer to your question you need to get hold of the relevant firmware file. In the case of the official manufacturers firmware it can be downloaded from here Technomate Support - TM-5402 M4
There is a 3rd party version of this firmware which you could use but you do so at your own risk. This can be downloaded from here
Code:
http://downloadtmsw.com/bbs/list.php?board=tm5402m4
Anywhere else you see either file it will just be already downloaded from these sources. Best to go to the source directly yourself.

You may be able to borrow the use of a computer to download either file or ask someone to download for you and put it on a USB stick. Five minutes work. Just pop it into the M4 and follow the onscreen instructions. No magic or magicians involved and no charge for it either.

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 mk1/2/3/4 TM1500 TM Mini various TM Nano various TM600 TM F3/5 TM Twin etc etc TD110
My Location
GB
I habe a question, I just purchased one and not sure how to update the firmware, is it the same way over the internet like the SX88 or does it involve computers (that I do t have lol) thx

edit: See manic01's answer below, much better than the faff I suggested

You can get SD card read/write dongles for iPads (IOS 13 & up). Then you'll need a generic USB SD card reader, all my satellite receivers work with them so *should* work on the M4, no guarantees though. Alternatively ask a friend to help or buy a cheap PC.

Otg cable and usb stick
I bought this for £5.95, use it on tablet and phone.
Mine is c type connection there are various types so make sure of yours before ordering.
Just download files to itab/phone then add to usb stick using that cable . Then use usb stick on STB.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
iPad Pro (from 3rd gen) & Air (4th gen only) = USB Type C
Standard iPad, older Pro & Airs = Lightning connector

You also need IOS 13 or higher.

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Tha is for the reply everyone, ill get around the updating software on it but still not sure how I’ll get it to connect to the internet for you tube and radio etc? Maybe I need to look into getting a new 4g router … I dunno … why does something simple always turn out to be a headache and cost more lol

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 mk1/2/3/4 TM1500 TM Mini various TM Nano various TM600 TM F3/5 TM Twin etc etc TD110
My Location
GB
Tha is for the reply everyone, ill get around the updating software on it but still not sure how I’ll get it to connect to the internet for you tube and radio etc? Maybe I need to look into getting a new 4g router … I dunno … why does something simple always turn out to be a headache and cost more lol
Use your phone and otg cable job done.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Turn on Personal Hotspot on your iPad or phone.

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Right … I have tried connecting the lightening connector to the phone and trying to connect that way, I have tried connecting via personal hotspot … I know that works los it connects to my iPad from my phone ….any other ideas before I invest in a new 4g router with euthernet connectors Or just trade the thing back … it’s a shame kos I like the simple menus system for what I want it for and the tuner sensitivity does seem to be better on weaker channels.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Connecting to Personal Hotspot doesn't work? Does the M4 have wifi? I doubt using the charging cable will work.

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Connecting to Personal Hotspot doesn't work? Does the M4 have wifi? I doubt using the charging cable will work.
Hmmmm I am wondering if it has Wi-Fi after all, it does say Wi-Fi and 3G support on the side of the box though … it’s what’s making me think it might need a special kind of dongle or whatever ?

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Hmmmm I am wondering if it has Wi-Fi after all, it does say Wi-Fi and 3G support on the side of the box though … it’s what’s making me think it might need a special kind of dongle or whatever ?
Just read under that 3G and Wi-Fi Requires USB dongle) hmmm so Amy recommendations :)?

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
GB
Yes needs wifi dongle for wifi, Buy otg cable for your phone, £6 job done and can be used for other things as well.
Files can be loaded via usb.

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Yes needs dongle, not sure what all the hassle is. Buy otg cable for your phone, £6 job done and can be used for other things as well
Ok will do thanks for helping out on this one

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
GB

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
GB
Make sure when ordering cable it is correct for your phone or tablet OS and connection.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Is there absolutely nobody around you that has a laptop that can grab the firmware files and put them on a USB stick for you. It’s not like you’ll be updating the M4 every week.

You mention a connection to the internet for the M4. Is that correct. Most of what you’ll need is built into the 3rd party firmware patch. Outside of that were you hoping to do IPTV or something along those lines.

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Is there absolutely nobody around you that has a laptop that can grab the firmware files and put them on a USB stick for you. It’s not like you’ll be updating the M4 every week.

You mention a connection to the internet for the M4. Is that correct. Most of what you’ll need is built into the 3rd party firmware patch. Outside of that were you hoping to do IPTV or something along those lines.
Na ya right I can get someone to upload the software, just wanted to use the you tube and radio on it and to be fair I dunno what else is on the third party update… my main interest is satellite to really so not bothered about IPTV. Totally my fault for not reading the info on the box stating you need a dongle under the part it says Wi-Fi etc —— not morally right really but a fact I suppose. anyway it is what it is, thanks for all your help everyone.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Na ya right I can get someone to upload the software, just wanted to use the you tube and radio on it and to be fair I dunno what else is on the third party update… my main interest is satellite to really so not bothered about IPTV. Totally my fault for not reading the info on the box stating you need a dongle under the part it says Wi-Fi etc —— not morally right really but a fact I suppose. anyway it is what it is, thanks for all your help everyone.
It mentions that it supports WiFi protocol. The hardware is extra. As I mentioned any “extra” is contained in the 3rd party firmware if you choose to go that route. It’s fine for YouTube and internet radio too so if you do get a WiFi dongle you’re good to go. Just make sure you get one that the box supports and good luck with the box.

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
It mentions that it supports WiFi protocol. The hardware is extra. As I mentioned any “extra” is contained in the 3rd party firmware if you choose to go that route. It’s fine for YouTube and internet radio too so if you do get a WiFi dongle you’re good to go. Just make sure you get one that the box supports and good luck with the box.
Ah right ok I’ll look into the third party then and report back if all goes ok :) does the third party cover the Spanish channels on hispasat by any chance?

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Ah right ok I’ll look into the third party then and report back if all goes ok :) does the third party cover the Spanish channels on hispasat by any chance?
Are you trying to tune or open the Multistream channels or are you talking about something else.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
If it’s something else I suggest you try it yourself and see.