TM5402 M4-7 day EPG has arrived

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 mk1/2/3/4 TM1500 TM Mini various TM Nano various TM600 TM F3/5 TM Twin etc etc TD110
My Location
GB
Ah right ok I’ll look into the third party then and report back if all goes ok :)
There's another patch out last night, so keep going to neighbours is not the answer

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Well this rate I’ll just buy a new router that has a Ethernet connection in the back and look into a second hand pc I suppose on the cheap for uploading the patches …. It’s all far from ideal really isnt it but there are things I seem to like about the receiver not to just try and send it back … it has fast channel change over, the picture is on the screen before i take my finger off the button! The menu is simple so a basic motorised system I have works fine, the tuner is really sensitive and it will have 7 day epg when I get around to adding it. The down sides are the size of the receiver … not sure why it needs to be something as big as the 2000’s, and No internal Wi-Fi …. I could use a box like the Edison primo and I have a sx88 which to be fair at this time still takes the lead. However if they can improve the Technomate box it might be a front runner for me …. As I said I am not into IPTV or CBand (can’t have the bigger dish where I live) so others might end up thinking the Technomate receiver is rubbish so far lol … is there ever a perfect receiver though?! I am still looking ;)

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM5402 mk1/2/3/4 TM1500 TM Mini various TM Nano various TM600 TM F3/5 TM Twin etc etc TD110
My Location
GB
Well this rate I’ll just buy a new router that has a Ethernet connection in the back and look into a second hand pc I suppose on the cheap for uploading the patches …. It’s all far from ideal really isnt it but there are things I seem to like about the receiver not to just try and send it back … it has fast channel change over, the picture is on the screen before i take my finger off the button! The menu is simple so a basic motorised system I have works fine, the tuner is really sensitive and it will have 7 day epg when I get around to adding it. The down sides are the size of the receiver … not sure why it needs to be something as big as the 2000’s, and No internal Wi-Fi …. I could use a box like the Edison primo and I have a sx88 which to be fair at this time still takes the lead. However if they can improve the Technomate box it might be a front runner for me …. As I said I am not into IPTV or CBand (can’t have the bigger dish where I live) so others might end up thinking the Technomate receiver is rubbish so far lol … is there ever a perfect receiver though?! I am still looking ;)
Why won't you use a £6 OTG cable on phone or ipad?, Download sw to phone or iPad then transfer to usb stick using the cable, very simple. Is there a reason you won't go that route? It's the cheapest and quickest solution.

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Why won't you use a £6 OTG cable on phone or ipad?, Download sw to phone or iPad then transfer to usb stick using the cable, very simple. Is there a reason you won't go that route? It's the cheapest and quickest solution.
Just didn’t know what an OTG cable is!? I have an ipad pro sec generation — if you can link me one from Argos or something I’ll go and pick one up … ya right it would be easier all around really

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
GB
You need one specific to your iPad version or phone connection. I posted a link earlier, go on Amazon look at what's available for your kit.
I'm using a c type connection as my tablet and phones are c type.Thanks
put info in Amazon and take a look

Last edited:

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Just didn’t know what an OTG cable is!? I have an ipad pro sec generation — if you can link me one from Argos or something I’ll go and pick one up … ya right it would be easier all around really
Post a picture of the charging port and the connector on the cable.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Don’t forget the 7 day tuner works out of the box with the latest firmware. No big setup required there.

As my original post mentioned this is a very solid all round STB and ideal for motorised use. Very usable by the whole family too. I’m using mine to cover satellites from 46e to 45w and have absolutely no complaints on it’s performance. If you do decide to load the 3rd party firmware you definitely will see the extras available. Great to see the ongoing improvements via firmware updates from the manufacturer too. I’ve had occasion to contact them on a couple of occasions and they responded satisfactorily.

Plenty of old used laptops for sale at giveaway prices which you could buy and use for other purposes too. They always come in handy. You can stick any OS you like on it. One of the modern Linux varieties for low spec laptops would be ideal and of course free of charge to install and use.

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Ok this is perhaps another silly question but how do I update the software via the box … how do I get it to update via the latest firmware ( for now) … I managed to get it connected via eithernet to the modem so you tube and radio are working but still says last update in 2021?

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Copy firmware file to USB stick. Pop USB stick in the back of the USB port on the receiver. A message on screen should pop up saying USB inserted. On the receiver menu select USB option. Go across the screen right to Software. Select that option. You should now see the name of that firmware file you just copied to USB. Click on that file name and the receiver will ask of you want to update. Select Yes and your update begins. The receiver will then reboot and you’re now fully updated. Don’t forget to back up your channel list and key files first in case something goes wrong.

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Lol thanks for spoon feeding me with this one, I’ll get it sorted and let u all know that I actually achieved something simple;) tnx again all

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
GB

Sat01Uk Ok this perhaps another silly question but how do I update the software via the box … how do I get it to update via the latest firmware ( for now) … I managed to get it connected via eithernet to the modem so you tube and radio are working but still says last update in 2021?
Lol thanks for spoon feeding me with this one, I’ll get it sorted and let u all know that I actually achieved something simple;) tnx again all

How are you getting the firmware file to the usb stick? Thought you had no option earlier?

Last edited:

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Gonna order one off Amazon, copy it over from the phone or iPad and insert the usb storage stick in the back … not going out buying a new computer or whatever else … just used to being able to do updates over the internet with the sx88 that’s all really

manic01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
GB
Gonna order one off Amazon, copy it over from the phone or iPad and insert the usb storage stick in the back … not going out buying a new computer or whatever else … just used to being able to do updates over the internet with the sx88 that’s all really
Lol, always was easiest route, read your pm's as well sent you info earlier as well matey. Might enlighten a little.

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Lol, always was easiest route, read your pm's as well sent you info earlier as well matey. Might enlighten a little.
Ok will do, thanks again, one things is I never give up lol ;)

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Mod Note: Play nicely and stay on-topic or the thread will be locked like the other M4 thread.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Mod Note: Play nicely and stay on-topic or the thread will be locked like the other M4 thread.
I couldn’t agree more but one sure way to kill interest in a post is reference to PMs with another member to the exclusion of others who have contributed here. Not exactly playing the game.

Ferret

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gigablue UE 4K
Octagon SF8008
Viark Sat 4k
Viark DRS2
Qviart Dual
BuzzTv XRS4500
Nvidia Shield
Eachlink X3 Mini 4/64gb
My Location
Leeds
If you do decide to load the 3rd party firmware you definitely will see the extras available.
I couldn’t agree more but one sure way to kill interest in a post is reference to PMs with another member to the exclusion of others who have contributed here. Not exactly playing the game.
Would be the first quote here that takes the thread close to closure, not a PM :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
OK lads play nicely or we will close the thread. And remove it from view if thats required too.

Can I also remind everybody reading this that direct reference to patches is a murky area which we will tolerate to a very limited degree only. A few years ago when patches for receivers were easily available & commonly discussed on sites,, many hobby forums got closed down. We stayed open because we were (and still are) very strict about such content Our outlook has always been - if you dont want to pay for your encrypted tv content then you do without. If you can find a way to open some channels then well done - but you dont go talking about it here.

The mods & admins are keeping an eye on this thread so if you start sniping at each other - or breaking the rules then the thread will be removed, and we wont tolerate another one about M4 patches being started..

Sat01Uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SX88 4K
Penta 85cm
Technomate 2600 H2H
Black Inverto LNB
53E - 34.5W
My Location
East Anglia
Well somehow I have been dragged into this argument and to be fair it was not my intention. I never asked to be PMd and and I never asked about patches. All I wanted was for the EPG to show 7 days which was advertised already on here. This is a legal patch as far as I can make out from Technomate themselves.

to all those that did help me out here I thank you, as I have done I believe over and over again.

people need to take life a little less serious in my opinion. I am as easy as they come and humble too, but I won’t be pushed into something I dont feel I have done anything wrong.

again thanks for everyones help and if I upset people along the way I am sorry for that.

take care all. - and it’s not about playing friendly, we are all grown ups and should act like them. Those that continue to cause problems in this forums should be banned, simple as. Please look back at my posts and make your own judgements if I have been offensive in anyway or excluding. I think you will find i have not.