Using a echostar ad-3000ip viaccess with a smw q-pll quad lnb type r

M

moonbase

Small Dish Man
My Satellite Setup
2.0m Precision
My Location
UK
...did a C band scan this afternoon and receiving 46 C band signals with a Q of 75 and Sig 70 from the way the signal is I would say there circular polarisation so the Norsat 3120F is working well . This is on Astra 4 / Sirius 2_3 Vert + Hoz...

The C-Band signals from 4.9E are all circular polarity but with your dish size you will be overcoming the signal loss caused by lack of a dielectric plate, unless you recently installed a dielectric plate in the feed throat?

The UK beam foorprint coverage of 4.9E in C-Band is reasonable, the bin lid kids are getting signals from it round 'ere. I have attached a table below of a scan I did last year on 4.9E in C-Band. I locked 13 of the 17 frequencies listed at the time with a Precision 2.0m dish. Once your 3.7m dish has the feed arrangement correctly aligned you should be wiping the floor with my humble signal levels if you are not already doing so.

A good test would be to get that dish on 38.0E and 43.1W in C-Band. They are both linear polarity and not an easy catch in the UK. They are truly satellites for the big dish men.

.4.9E_20190927_C-Band.jpg

Last edited:
subman

subman

My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
essex
Hi MB Yes in the corotor I bought second hand your right its got no dielectric plate but looking at how to install one I think you might end up destroy the feed from what I have seen on YouTube . I think your far better off buying a new unit with one installed the only option is to clean up my old corotor and use that also means I would need to remove the skew motor and already one of the screws has sheared off . Even without it and no tweeks its 70% so not to bad . Not sure what the foot print is but most of the stuff is for west africa .

Yes once the dish is fully working I will have a play over 38.0E and 43.1W it should work fine as could go over past 60 east before as for 43 west I used to get a good signal on 45 west from Panam sat receiving channels for mexico and north + south america same goes for all the news feeds on 27 west I see the betting shops have lots of feeds on Ku on Astra 4A / Sirius 2_3 I think 30 years ago I think they were on 27 west but I have a lot of catching up to do as 30 years ago most of it was analogue then they bought out all the digital encryption .

Any many thanks for the list I will have a play but getting to grips with this meter now so I dont need to take over the TV in the lounge . Some time next week the ACD1 should arrive so more fun .

Thanks again .

M

moonbase

Small Dish Man
My Satellite Setup
2.0m Precision
My Location
UK
... I see the betting shops have lots of feeds on Ku on Astra 4A / Sirius 2_3 I think 30 years ago I think they were on 27 west but I have a lot of catching up to do as 30 years ago most of it was analogue...

You are quite right, the end user SIS downlink signals were from 27.5W many years ago and were encrypted in BMAC.

subman

subman

My Satellite Setup
echostar 3600
My Location
essex
Yes I also remember watching my first movie channel Premier channel used to watch that on my 1.8 IRTE system on intelsat 27 west .